Gampel yesterday | The Boneyard

Gampel yesterday

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The corporations that buy the season tickets then don’t show up should be given seats in the top row next year. Someone at UConn should send them a link to the Husky Ticket Project

BAA63CA8-6BC1-4A12-8C88-D7288EDB44EA.jpeg

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
The corporations that buy the season tickets then don’t show up should be given seats in the top row next year. Someone at UConn should send them a link to the Husky Ticket Project

View attachment 95440
Yes absolutely, if seats are not occupied at least 75%, should be 90% but I'm being nice, of the games they should forfeit them there are thousands will to step in. Empty seats hurt vender dollars. These empty seats are the reason I would like the state's largest public school to post actual attendance.

Reaction Score

View attachment 95440
Those seats on the right are reserved for visiting teams guests. No corporate there. And I love my top row mid court season tix. No one behind me, I can stand behind my seat as long as I want, my grandkids can hold their posters up without anyone getting pissed at them. We also have seats in the lower bowl for games we want to be up close and personal.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
A good start might be to label the seats with the company that reserved them for fans and TV viewers to see the extent of their support.
Wouldn't that result in companies buying seats but not having anyone sitting them so they get a de facto billboard?

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
The lights are turned off when the UConn players are introduced and the tradition is for the fans to turn their phone flashlights on throughout the introductions.

If you look to the upper sections and the student section, there is a sea of lights.

Lower bowl, not so much.

Some lukewarm fans, and maybe some haven`t figured out that feature of their phones yet. :confused:

CL82

Reaction Score

View attachment 95440
I'd love to see the athletic department offer the opportunity to a) donate back seats for any given game or b) give them the option to sell seats back to the AD at 50% of cost, if the seats are resold. The ladder option incentivizes people o let the athletic department know that they won't be attending and makes season tickets nominally more affordable.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
A good start might be to label the seats with the company that reserved them for fans and TV viewers to see the extent of their support.
Empty seats don't support the vendors

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Those seats on the right are reserved for visiting teams guests. No corporate there. And I love my top row mid court season tix. No one behind me, I can stand behind my seat as long as I want, my grandkids can hold their posters up without anyone getting pissed at them. We also have seats in the lower bowl for games we want to be up close and personal.
Yes behind the visitor bench, not the others

Reaction Score
Empty seats don't support the vendors
Takes forever to get food and drinks anyways. We waited in line for a beer before half time, and a couple minutes into the second half we gave up and went back to our seats.

Reaction Score
Trust me, the place was packed at the game. At 20 minutes pre game, the place was still filling in. Not sure when that pic was taken, but there were very few empty seats during the game.
I agree! I am a season ticket holder at both venues, and Gampel WAS packed on Saturday. Geno has stated that he loves Saturday afternoon games for the very reason that the people come out to be entertained. If Saturday wasn’t entertaining, I don’t know what is.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
That's a great idea!

Reaction Score
Wouldn't that result in companies buying seats but not having anyone sitting them so they get a de facto billboard?
Perhaps, but to me at least it says 1) we don't support UConn enough to buy a real ad, 2) we don't think enough of the team to gift our unused seats to students or those who can't afford tickets. Both messages reinforce if the seats are vacant across several games.

CL82

Reaction Score
Perhaps, but to me at least it says 1) we don't support UConn enough to buy a real ad, 2) we don't think enough of the team to gift our unused seats to students or those who can't afford tickets. Both messages reinforce if the seats are vacant across several games.
To me it says "affordable advertising access to high numbers of consumers", but that's kind of my background.

Reaction Score
We could ask the "corporate" people nicely to arrange for their seats to be used.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Trust me, the place was packed at the game. At 20 minutes pre game, the place was still filling in. Not sure when that pic was taken, but there were very few empty seats during the game.
UConn should post actual attendance.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Takes forever to get food and drinks anyways. We waited in line for a beer before half time, and a couple minutes into the second half we gave up and went back to our seats.
And your point? Always we get food and drinks, most times twice. Having lines during sporting events is normal everywhere.

Reaction Score
And your point? Always we get food and drinks, most times twice. Having lines during sporting events is normal everywhere.
With the prices charged at sporting events I am absolutely amazed that they haven't figured out a way to double or triple the throughput for food and drinks. Opportunity lost...

You can die in line at Gampel.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
With the prices charged at sporting events I am absolutely amazed that they haven't figured out a way to double or triple the throughput for food and drinks. Opportunity lost...

You can die in line at Gampel.
Die? Lines no worse than at Gillette or Mohegan Sun, but complainers gonna complain

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom