Gampel Pavilion Court AAC Logo blowing in the wind...? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Gampel Pavilion Court AAC Logo blowing in the wind...?

Reaction Score
Am I the only one that likes the new logo? I think it’s so clean, and looks great on sweatshirts and such.
I think the new logo with a redesigned court and Big East logo is going to look great.

As great and classic as the previous logo was, it was a bit outdated and derpy.
You are not. I love the new logo, its sleak, modern and an actual Husky dog. We are the UConn Huskies. Not the UConn Samoyeds.

Reaction Score
In this time of distress we could use old, fluffy, nice, pre-2013 Jonathan and all of the glory that comes with him and his spirit, now more than ever.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Am I the only one that likes the new logo? I think it’s so clean, and looks great on sweatshirts and such.
I think the new logo with a redesigned court and Big East logo is going to look great.

As great and classic as the previous logo was, it was a bit outdated and derpy.
I couldn't agree more. Like the current logo, prior one way outdated.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You are not. I love the new logo, its sleak, modern and an actual Husky dog. We are the UConn Huskies. Not the UConn Samoyeds.
Sigh... True, but our mascot was a white husky for decades. The change to a more generic looking husky abandoned decades of tradition. Our former president Susan Herbst said that was done because there’s no such thing as a white husky. She was wrong.

If we were to redesign the Husky, I would hope we would return to using a white husky. UConn is the only school with a white husky as its mascot.

1588953273063.png
1935-1947: A cousin of Jonathan I, the second Jonathan was an Eskimo Husky, and started the tradition of an all-white dog as mascot. He debuted November 8, 1935 at rally prior to the annual football rivalry against Rhode Island. In September of 1936, Jonathan II chased Brown's bear mascot up a tree, and it took Providence police and fire fighters to retrieve the animal.

(This used to be on the school website until the "memory holed" it.)
#bringbackthewhitedog

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My issue with the current logo is it's not recognizable outside this area. The old logo was recognizable and had winning attached to it. I don't see winning programs completely change the logo. It was just a cash grab for UConn and Nike.

Reaction Score
My issue with the current logo is it's not recognizable outside this area. The old logo was recognizable and had winning attached to it. I don't see winning programs completely change the logo. It was just a cash grab for UConn and Nike.

That's my real issue. At the end of the day, make the logo whatever it is but stick with it for good. No other college athletics program in the country changes their logo as much as UConn and it hurts branding. the 2013 change was an obvious cash grab. You don't need to modernize a logo every 10 years like they have been. Alternative logos, fine, but your primary you gotta stick with one and live with it. Pick one, call it a day, win some games sporting it, and fans will stop complaining.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Sigh... True, but our mascot was a white husky for decades. The change to a more generic looking husky abandoned decades of tradition. Our former president Susan Herbst said that was done because there’s no such thing as a white husky. She was wrong.

If we were to read design the Husky, I would hope we would return to using a white husky. UConn is the only school with a white husky as its mascot.

1935-1947: A cousin of Jonathan I, the second Jonathan was an Eskimo Husky, and started the tradition of an all-white dog as mascot. He debuted November 8, 1935 at rally prior to the annual football rivalry against Rhode Island. In September of 1936, Jonathan II chased Brown's bear mascot up a tree, and it took Providence police and fire fighters to retrieve the animal.

(This used to be on the school website until the "memory holed" it.)
#bringbackthewhitedog

Look at that I agree with you. :) It might be nostalgia ( eh, not might be..... Ill own up to it, its 100% nostalgia) , but old jonathan> new jonathan x1000. Of course I have apparel with both. And in the grand scheme of things, who cares, Ill wear them all..... but give me that fat white fluffy husky face every day.

Reaction Score
That's my real issue. At the end of the day, make the logo whatever it is but stick with it for good. No other college athletics program in the country changes their logo as much as UConn and it hurts branding. the 2013 change was an obvious cash grab. You don't need to modernize a logo every 10 years like they have been. Alternative logos, fine, but your primary you gotta stick with one and live with it. Pick one, call it a day, win some games sporting it, and fans will stop complaining.
It's so funny. UConn has no problem changing logos but when fans ask for throwback jerseys crickets. Even the gear they have been putting up with the current logo is lacking.

Reaction Score
I can't take another potential logo change...UVA just redid there's and my God it's awful

I've grown to like the current uconn and husky ones

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200426-090934.png
    Screenshot_20200426-090934.png
    822.1 KB · Views: 199
Reaction Score
It's so funny. UConn has no problem changing logos but when fans ask for throwback jerseys crickets. Even the gear they have been putting up with the current logo is lacking.

>>AD Dave back in the beginning of April On throwback merchandise: **Dons Big East beanie** “We’re excited about all of the things going back to the Big East will bring about. Collectively, UConn nation has so many fond memories of our time in that conference. Throwback uniforms, our old Husky logos, those are things the fans want. You do them at appropriate times. We’re going to make sure we can give the fans what they want, whenever we can.”<<

Last edited:
Reaction Score
>>AD Dave back in the beginning of April On throwback merchandise: **Dons Big East beanie** “We’re excited about all of the things going back to the Big East will bring about. Collectively, UConn nation has so many fond memories of our time in that conference. Throwback uniforms, our old Husky logos, those are things the fans want. You do them at appropriate times. We’re going to make sure we can give the fans what they want, whenever we can.”<<
Yeah it only took them 10 years to respond.

Reaction Score
I’m all for a mascot change back to the old Husky but I don’t think it’s gunna happen. Hoping the court redesign will look classy to match what the other schools have

cwh

Reaction Score
On a related note, I love that the Big East Conference banners will be going up!! Teams that I care to watch UConn play. Can't wait! They probably can't even give away the AAC banners they're taking down.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
The logo isn’t changing from what I’ve heard. The paint design on the floor is. Expecting a blue paint like in 2012 era
Nice. I loved that look.

Reaction Score
Glad to see we're getting a new court design. Get rid of anything connected to the AAC era. The most recent one wasn't my favorite; I've never been a fan of two-tone wood designs. Hopefully we're going back to the 2008ish era court with a blue key and the Big East logo in white.

I hope we're getting new uniforms too but I'll settle for throwbacks.

Re: the logo, I'm fine with all of our logos since the 80s but the thing that bugs me is the 2013 change of outlining ever letter in "UConn". I loved when we had just the "U" outlined. It was unique. Every country in the school has an outline on every letter (assuming they outline to begin with).

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
They probably can't even give away the AAC banners they're taking down.

I kinda want them just for the lolz

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
It was just a cash grab for UConn and Nike.
That and to draw attention away from us being in a terrible conference with no real rival in basketball and an embarrassing football team (with great tailgating however). We can't beat Tulane or ECU but dammit the husky on the helmet is HOT!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom