Gampel on TV | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Gampel on TV

Reaction Score
Since I went to literally every home game for four years, I can't even remember whether or not I could watch most games on TV when I was a UConn student. I agree that's probably an issue. And our performance is almost certainly the biggest issue.

Still, I wouldn't dismiss the idea that students who choose UConn care less about sports now, although I admit I might be wrong. The average SAT score of UConn freshmen at Storrs has increased from 1189 in 2005 to 1296 in 2019. In 2005, 37% of incoming freshmen were in the top 10% of their high school class. In 2019, it was up to 55%. Does that mean academics are contributing to declining attendance? No, of course not. But UConn is a more competitive and well-respected college than it ever has been.

Duke. Virginia. Georgetown. Stanford. Michigan. UCLA. Cal. All top 30 acdemic schools, and they can fill seats to ball games.

Your hypothesis isn't a bad one. But between this and the fact that attendance is down all over the USA, I'm thinking we're seeing a correlation, not cause.

Reaction Score
I guess i'm in the minority that thinks both buildings - when they're rocking - are great places to watch basketball.

I don't give a rats behind where I watch UConn basketball, as long as I'm watching Uconn basketball. Simple as that. You're not alone.

Reaction Score
Then I had jerks in front of us who turned and gave the stink eye whenever we cheered....dont they realize where they are?

Fans, not fans. You got a stink eye from folks at home in a phyisical, OBE matchup game where we are looking for another conference win, with a team honor and Calhoun in the house?? Borderline criminal. I'd have been into it today too. SMH.

Reaction Score
I believe in the old product selling the seats theory. It's not like our product has been good over the recent years... Put a number next to our name, you'll see a change. Put a number next to our name and play Villanova in our house with a number next to thier name, you'll see a change. Recruits will see this too, and here we go again. If not, we must have earned some type of NCAA sanction where we won too many games and we cannot have a home crowd for a year. :p

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom