Gampel/Hartford/both poll | The Boneyard

Gampel/Hartford/both poll

Where would you like to see the men and women play their home games?

• Gampel

Votes: 157 46.4%
  • Hartford

Votes: 10 3.0%
  • Both

Votes: 171 50.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So obvious that it will never happen. This solution would likely still give 4-5 games a year to XL.
Yep, and if you make at least one of them at marquee game that is likely to sell out, you reduce the marginal cost of using the XL Center. There are some games, like the woman’s game against South Carolina, where playing in the XL Center is an advantage for us. Schedule them during break and it’s a win-win for everyone.

Reaction Score
Voted for both. I hold season tickets to both venues and appreciate them both for different reasons. My main issue is with the quality of the non-conference schedule, especially the ones assigned to XL. If we added some better quality non-conference opponents to the early XL schedule I think that would be ideal.

Reaction Score
I generally agree with playing winter break games at XL and spring semester games in Gampel. That said, if there is a February game with enough interest to sell 15000 tickets- especially if its a weekend game, Hartford makes a lot of sense.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
I have flip flopped on this subject many times. When I had season tickets to both for 10+ years I always liked Gampel better and would wish for the day all the games were there. Now that I have young kids and no longer buy full season tickets to both venues, I almost prefer XL solely because it is cheaper to get tickets for the whole family. Unfortunately I cannot go to all the games anymore because most are weekday right at or just before their bedtime.

Reaction Score
I feel like a lot of people if asked this question selfishly, would pick XL. But if we’re getting to the essence of college sports (students) then Gampel has to be the choice.

Perfect solution as mentioned previously would be Gampel while class is in session & XL during break

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I answered Gampel, because you didn’t give me the option for Gampel with 2 games a year in Hartford.

That’s my choice. But if it’s more than two my choice is to kill Hartford entirely

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Gampel is where the games deserved to be played, so that’s what I voted for. My selfish preference is Hartford, but I’d trade the longer drive to Storrs and more expensive tickets for a true home court advantage.

If we want to play a few cupcakes in Hartford over Thanksgiving / Christmas break, I’d be fine with that. But no big games and limited to when students aren’t on campus.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Games that would be at XL this year if we only played there while students were on break:

Del State
Gtown
Nova
Creighton

This is a perfect solution. Why we don’t do this is beyond me.
It’s so simple and obvious and easy and even just about everyone on the BY agrees on it.

Hence, zero shot of ever happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak