Gampel getting a new roof | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Gampel getting a new roof

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I was on campus over the weekend and they're already started to build the temporary kiln to repair the individual tiles.

The school could have saved $3M by going to a generic restoration of the roof, but I'm glad to see that they had the wisdom to stick to the original design and intent - it's the premier architectural structure on campus and probably in the entire state.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The bench seats are metal. Are you sure they weren't sitting in the aisle by mistake?
I haven't been there in about 20 years. My parents complained ab out it a lot and finally cancelled their season tix.

Reaction Score
Yep, although there will also be space between Gampel and the Field House for an open courtyard. It looks as if that will become the "main" entrance to Gampel.

Here's a link to the Master Plan, which I believe that I originally got from one of your posts. :) It is worth a look for those who haven't seen it. I particularly like the streetscape focus. They are really working to give Storrs a better defined, more united feel, which is long overdue. Of course, having a good plan, and having the discipline to follow it are two different things.

I know, just ask the guy who was in charge of the first campus mater plan as part of UConn 2000, Mr. Mark Emmert.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
Read the article, not just the title.
Or I could point out through sarcasm that a newspaper, which should understand the difference, used a misleading word.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
I haven't been there in about 20 years. My parents complained ab out it a lot and finally cancelled their season tix.
If I remember correctly, after the original bid was accepted, they found out that the bid didn't include any seating

Reaction Score
I have a great idea on how they can raise money to offset some of the costs. They should get some of the all-time husky greats to sign the old panels and sell them to the public. I'd be willing to buy a panel, even one of the decaying ones for a discount. :)

Reaction Score
I was on campus over the weekend and they're already started to build the temporary kiln to repair the individual tiles.

The school could have saved $3M by going to a generic restoration of the roof, but I'm glad to see that they had the wisdom to stick to the original design and intent - it's the premier architectural structure on campus and probably in the entire state.

That wasn't a new kiln. It was a new pizza oven. Pepe's is opening on campus......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom