Games today Friday, Jan 5 | The Boneyard

Games today Friday, Jan 5

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
As we are still “frozened” in here up in the Northeasr, I decided to take a look at the game scheduled. Of course the first game scheduled is a matinee 11 AM NC@BC (yippeee...NOT!). Then the PAC12 loads up with some great fare: Stanford at Arizona; OSU at UCLA; Cal at ASU; Oregon at USC. I was very excited and went to my ESPN app to see which games I could watch and viola-the only game there was the aforementioned NC.BC game. Boy when Mother Nature hits, she hits hard! I would have to go Eagles in that one. But no other games are on. I am really disappointed that ESPN doesn’t offer any of these games. If you want to grow the game, the NCAA and the conferences need to figure out how to offer these games out to the public. How can we appreciate the West Coast if we can’t see their games?

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Ok I succumbed and turned in the NC/BC game and if there are 50 people at the game, I would be shocked! I feel bad that no one is there.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
As we are still “frozened” in here up in the Northeasr, I decided to take a look at the game scheduled. Of course the first game scheduled is a matinee 11 AM NC@BC (yippeee...NOT!). Then the PAC12 loads up with some great fare: Stanford at Arizona; OSU at UCLA; Cal at ASU; Oregon at USC. I was very excited and went to my ESPN app to see which games I could watch and viola-the only game there was the aforementioned NC.BC game. Boy when Mother Nature hits, she hits hard! I would have to go Eagles in that one. But no other games are on. I am really disappointed that ESPN doesn’t offer any of these games. If you want to grow the game, the NCAA and the conferences need to figure out how to offer these games out to the public. How can we appreciate the West Coast if we can’t see their games?
I believe that the PAC-12 does not have a partnership with ESPN and that is why the games are not available on ESPN3. You basically have to live in PAC-12 areas to see any of their non nationally televised games.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Just FYI - ESPN got frozen out of any rights to Pac12 sports so you are always going to be disappointed on Pac12 days.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Just FYI - ESPN got frozen out of any rights to Pac12 sports so you are always going to be disappointed on Pac12 days.

ESPN got frozen out of PAC 12 games because the PAC created their own network. They don't need ESPN to market their conference/product anymore. I'm out here on the west coast, but I have DirecTV, so I'm assed out. I don't get any of these games.

Pac-12 Network
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pac-12 Networks

Logo of the Pac-12 Networks
Launched August 15, 2012
Slogan Where Champions Play
Country United States
Language English
Broadcast area United States and Canada
Headquarters San Francisco, California
Website pac-12.com
Availability
Satellite
DirecTV Not Available
Dish Network
409 (HD/SD), 406 (HopperSTB HD/SD)
Cable
Frontier FiOS
591 (HD)
91 (SD)
Charter Spectrumchannel 822 372-381 (HD)
IPTV
AT&T U-verse
1759–61 (HD)
759–61 (SD)
Streaming media
Sling TV
Sports Extra package
FuboTV Premier package
Pac-12 Network live stream video.pac-12.com
requires login from pay television provider, or in some cases, an ISP to access live content
Pac-12 Networks (abbreviated P12N) is an American sports-oriented digital cable and satellite television network that is owned by the Pac-12 Conference. The network's studio and production facilities are headquartered in the South of Market district of San Francisco, California.

In addition to the national network, it also operates a group of six regional sports networks focusing on different schools within the conference under the Pac-12 Networks brand:[1]

You can get access to the PAC 12 networks, but you've got to pony up some cash > GET PAC-12 NETWORKS :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
ESPN got frozen out of PAC 12 games because the PAC created their own network. They don't need ESPN to market their conference/product anymore.

Pac-12 Network

Pac-12 Networks

Launched August 15, 2012
Country United States
Language English It's all about the money
Website pac-12.com
Availability
Satellite
DirecTV
Not Available
Dish Network 409 (HD/SD), 406 (HopperSTB HD/SD)
Cable
Frontier FiOS
591 (HD)
91 (SD)
IPTV
AT&T U-verse
1759–61 (HD)
759–61 (SD)
Streaming media
Sling TV
Sports Extra package
FuboTV Premier package
requires login from pay television provider, or in some cases, an ISP to access live content
Pac-12 Networks (abbreviated P12N) is an American sports-oriented digital cable and satellite television network that is owned by the Pac-12 Conference. The network's studio and production facilities are headquartered in the South of Market district of San Francisco, California.

In addition to the national network, it also operates a group of six regional sports networks focusing on different schools within the conference under the Pac-12 Networks brand:[1]

You can get access to the PAC 12 networks, but you've got to pony up some cash > GET PAC-12 NETWORKS :cool:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Welcome... come join us in last place in the conference UNC.Cheat

michael-jordan-crying-face-tar-heel.jpg

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Thanks for the information, that is helpful as I was not sure what was going on.. I wonder who got the rights and where the games are being broadcast? I mean, we all know there’s an east coast bias so we should get all the games...just sayin...:rolleyes:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I believe that the PAC-12 does not have a partnership with ESPN and that is why the games are not available on ESPN3. You basically have to live in PAC-12 areas to see any of their non nationally televised games.

The Pac 12 network is available via Sling TV... thats how I watch them.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
NC just LOST the game. I mean they do have an injury to a star play but their talent dwarfs that of BC. Hatchel was flat out coached in this game. I know BC hit a tremendous amount of 3s but with NC height and athleticism plus Paris Kea, it should not have been a close game. Plus, and I mean this, there were like only 50-100 people at the game so no real home court advantage. Sorry Sylvia but the expiration date on your coaching career has expired...time to go (unless your a Duke fan as you would want her to still be there and under perform). I would say it’s sad but I am really not that concerned, more bemused.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
ESPN got frozen out of PAC 12 games because the PAC created their own network. They don't need ESPN to market their conference/product anymore.

Pac-12 Network

Pac-12 Networks

Launched August 15, 2012
Country United States
Language English
Website pac-12.com
Availability
Satellite
DirecTV
Not Available
Dish Network 409 (HD/SD), 406 (HopperSTB HD/SD)
Cable
Frontier FiOS
591 (HD)
91 (SD)
IPTV
AT&T U-verse
1759–61 (HD)
759–61 (SD)
Streaming media
Sling TV
Sports Extra package
FuboTV Premier package

Probably should have read the rest of the posts before responding to UCMiami. Thanks Scoop, good job.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Yes I know North Carolina got win number 1000 for the coach get scrambling and it was a 16 point when so it doesn't sound close, but I was following the play-by-play, and it was a two point game halfway through the third quarter when Grambling forgot how to score.

Can you imagine if they hadn't pull that one out? They lost their next three games.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Sorry Sylvia but the expiration date on your coaching career has expired...time to go
Sad but true. As one baseball writer said of Albert Belle, "Some people start saying hello just when they should be saying goodbye".

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Maybe it's a different deal w/ men's hoops vs. women's hoops, but for the men the Pac 12 Network is last in line. ESPN, Fox Sports, CBS, etc. can all scoop up rights to broadcast any individual game. Pac 12 Network broadcasts pretty much every game that isn't claimed by another network. The fact that Pac 12 women's games aren't on ESPN I would guess means ESPN isn't interested in broadcasting them.

I have Pac 12 Network, I'll be watching a double header of Utah @ Washington and then Oregon @ USC. I think there's at least 1 other game I have access to at the same time, so I can flip over there on commercial breaks to check the score.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I can also watch Oregon St. @ UCLA and Colorado @ Washington St. (gonna pass on that one though). I have to choose which game to watch in the earlier time slot.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Maybe it's a different deal w/ men's hoops vs. women's hoops, but for the men the Pac 12 Network is last in line. ESPN, Fox Sports, CBS, etc. can all scoop up rights to broadcast any individual game. Pac 12 Network broadcasts pretty much every game that isn't claimed by another network. The fact that Pac 12 women's games aren't on ESPN I would guess means ESPN isn't interested in broadcasting them.

I have Pac 12 Network, I'll be watching a double header of Utah @ Washington and then Oregon @ USC. I think there's at least 1 other game I have access to at the same time, so I can flip over there on commercial breaks to check the score.
It's the same for the women's games. Sunday's Stanford-ASU game will be on ESPN2, and a few other Pac-12 games will be shown on ESPN later in the season (including the Pac-12 championship game).

Sling subscribers get the full complement of the Pac-12 regional networks, which tonight will be showing all 6 conference games.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
It's the same for the women's games. Sunday's Stanford-ASU game will be on ESPN2, and a few other Pac-12 games will be shown on ESPN later in the season (including the Pac-12 championship game).

Sling subscribers get the full complement of the Pac-12 regional networks, which tonight will be showing all 6 conference games.
Also Fubo TV, an online we subscribed to just to watch an Arizona Football game, which turned out to be forgettable, but that's another story.

But I paid the large fee again, so we have the option. My wife is sick today, so I doubt we will make the Stanford game, but may try.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Also Fubo TV, an online we subscribed to just to watch an Arizona Football game, which turned out to be forgettable, but that's another story.

But I paid the large fee again, so we have the option. My wife is sick today, so I doubt we will make the Stanford game, but may try.
I really like Fubo as well (great soccer!), but it carries only the Pac-12 national network, not the regional networks. It does have a competitive advantage over Sling in that it carries both the Big Ten Network and CBS Sports Network, neither of which are on Sling. But Fubo does not offer ESPN.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I really like Fubo as well (great soccer!), but it carries only the Pac-12 national network, not the regional networks. It does have a competitive advantage over Sling in that it carries both the Big Ten Network and CBS Sports Network, neither of which are on Sling. But Fubo does not offer ESPN.
My version appears to offer all the regional PACs - but as I say, we really haven't used it or gotten to know it. Like others, my problem is I am a DirecTV person - NFL Sunday Ticket is a must. And everything else we want except the PAC12 network.

Plebe

Reaction Score
ESPN should launch an ESPNW channel to cover women's basketball and other women's sports throughout the year.
It's a wonderful idea, but a bit of a pipe dream for a company that is miles deep in the red.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I can also watch Oregon St. @ UCLA and Colorado @ Washington St. (gonna pass on that one though). I have to choose which game to watch in the earlier time slot.
There are two games scheduled for replay early in the morning. OT for this thread: I did not want to open a new threadbut there are two girls high school games on television tomorrow: Garrett Railroaders at Lakewood Park Christian Panthers 8:00 am CT Channel FSMW. Also, Pike Red Devils at # 31 North Central Thunderbirds, 9:30 am CT Channel FSIN.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom