Games of interest, Dec. 2-8 | The Boneyard

Games of interest, Dec. 2-8

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
After bingeing on holiday tournament basketball like it was my grandma's black bottom pie, we're jumping into conference challenge week.

1575336119146.png

Tues., Dec. 3
Nicholls at #25 LSU (12p, SECN+). I know @LETTERL will keep a close eye on Nicholls here :)

Wed., Dec. 4

• FGCU at Houston (3p). FGCU, newly minted at #22 in the Boneyard Top 25, already has wins over UCF, Notre Dame, USF and South Dakota State.
  • #14 Indiana at #19 Miami (6p, ACCN). Indiana is surging after a great showing at Paradise Jam. Miami has struggled lately.
  • Wichita State at #22 Missouri State (7p, ESPN+). Missouri State has risen to #15 in the BY25. Wichita State is fresh off a win over Oklahoma.
  • Oklahoma at Western Kentucky (7p, ESPN+). Coale's team needs to recover quickly.
  • Duke at Nebraska (7p, BTN). @triaddukefan needs this game.
  • Minnesota at Notre Dame (8p, ACCN). Battle between teams that have gone from ranked to unranked.
  • Creighton at South Dakota (8p, ESPN+). South Dakota is #20 in the BY25. Creighton upset West Virginia in Cancun behind a 34-point explosion by Jaylin Agnew.
  • Clemson at Iowa (9p, BTN). Iowa has been up and down so far; Clemson, mostly down.

Thu., Dec. 5

• Virginia at Rutgers (6p, BTN). Intriguing matchup, if not too aesthetically pleasing.
  • #9 Maryland at #13 NC State (7p, ESPN). Highest-profile matchup in the conference challenge.
  • Purdue at Virginia Tech (7p, ACCNX). Purdue has picked up some important wins and was just shy of cracking this week's BY25.
  • Iowa State at Alabama (7p, SECN+). Could be an important win for Alabama, which seems to have recovered from the early loss to Hampton.
  • #2 Louisville at Ohio State (8p, BTN). Perhaps a trap game for Louisville, after knocking off #1 Oregon?
  • #19 Michigan State at #8 Florida State (8p, ACCN)
  • Syracuse at #21 Michigan (9p, ESPN). Both teams are in the "receiving votes" category of the BY25.

Fri., Dec. 6

• BYU at Arizona State (8p, live stream). Both teams have underwhelmed so far, need a win here.
  • Hawai'i at Oregon State (10p, audio only). Hawai'i played NC State closely and then upset Texas the next day.

Sat., Dec. 7

• #16 DePaul at Green Bay (2p, ESPN3). Another tough OOC game for DePaul. Green Bay is fresh off an upset of Syracuse.
  • Kansas State at #23 Arkansas (3p, SECN+). Both teams needing this win here. Kansas State has been particularly disappointing.
  • Auburn at TCU (3p)
  • #25 LSU at Oklahoma (4p). Oklahoma needs to find its mojo soon or Sherri will be out of a job.
  • Princeton at Marist (7p, ESPN+). Solid mid-majors here, each with only one loss (Princeton to Iowa, Marist to Central Michigan).
  • Oklahoma State at #12 Texas A&M (8p, SECN+). Aggies try to recover from a flat outing vs. Florida State.

Sun., Dec. 8

• West Virginia at #10 Mississippi State (2p, SECN). Intriguing matchup, albeit likely one-sided.
  • Texas at #17 Tennessee (2p, ESPN2). The perpetrators return to the scene of the crime. Can this game be any uglier than the one two years ago?
  • Northern Iowa at Creighton (2p)
  • South Dakota State at #3 Oregon (3p, P12N). Oregon tries to re-establish itself after the loss to Louisville. The Jackrabbits are no pushover.
  • Notre Dame at #4 UConn (4p, ESPN)
  • #18 Gonzaga at Washington State (5p, live stream). A chance for the Cougars to get a quality OOC win on their home court.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Our Seton Hall game is not a game of interest? :eek:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Our Seton Hall game is not a game of interest? :eek:
Ha I usually title this thread "other games" and generally don't include UConn games (because that's what the main board is for), but couldn't resist including the ND game.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
After bingeing on holiday tournament basketball like it was my grandma's black bottom pie, we're jumping into conference challenge week.

View attachment 48773

Tues., Dec. 3
Nicholls at #25 LSU (12p, SECN+).
I know @LETTERL will keep a close eye on Nicholls here :)

You made me laugh! Maybe Nicholls will break through and shock the world!

Reaction Score
#25 LSU at Oklahoma

Don't think OU is great but this is on the road and their 3 point shooting sorta worries me. Luckily they don't believe in playing defense.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Don't think OU is great but this is on the road and their 3 point shooting sorta worries me. Luckily they don't believe in playing defense.
LSU should have a field day on the boards. Just gotta have someone guarding Robertson very close. She was 9-16 from the arc against Wichita State, but she has almost no drive game.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Isn't Nicholls really bad this year?

They are playing a tough schedule...better teams than they are...and I would describe them, to this point, as "offensively challenged"...although they have turned up the pace the last two games, scoring 55 and 61 points in their last two games. (They did score 90+ in back-to-back games against Division II teams week before last.)

They gave Indiana battle, and played the Hoosiers to within 64 points.

Plebe

Reaction Score
They are playing a tough schedule...better teams than they are...and I would describe them, to this point, as "offensively challenged"...although they have turned up the pace the last two games, scoring 55 and 61 points in their last two games. (They did score 90+ in back-to-back games against Division II teams week before last.)

They gave Indiana battle, and played the Hoosiers to within 64 points.
Ha and in fact the school's own release boasts of their offensive uptick:

"Nicholls (2-5) came up short in its weekend trip to Florida with a pair of losses to Jacksonville University and North Florida. Although on the wrong side of the scoreboard, the Colonels had their best offensive showings on the road with 55 and 61 points."

Reaction Score

View attachment 48773

Tues., Dec. 3
Nicholls at #25 LSU (12p, SECN+). I know @LETTERL will keep a close eye on Nicholls here :)

Wed., Dec. 4

• FGCU at Houston (3p). FGCU, newly minted at #22 in the Boneyard Top 25, already has wins over UCF, Notre Dame, USF and South Dakota State.
  • #14 Indiana at #19 Miami (6p, ACCN). Indiana is surging after a great showing at Paradise Jam. Miami has struggled lately.
  • Wichita State at #22 Missouri State (7p, ESPN+). Missouri State has risen to #15 in the BY25. Wichita State is fresh off a win over Oklahoma.
  • Oklahoma at Western Kentucky (7p, ESPN+). Coale's team needs to recover quickly.
  • Duke at Nebraska (7p, BTN). @triaddukefan needs this game.
  • Minnesota at Notre Dame (8p, ACCN). Battle between teams that have gone from ranked to unranked.
  • Creighton at South Dakota (8p, ESPN+). South Dakota is #20 in the BY25. Creighton upset West Virginia in Cancun behind a 34-point explosion by Jaylin Agnew.
  • Clemson at Iowa (9p, BTN). Iowa has been up and down so far; Clemson, mostly down.

Thu., Dec. 5
  • Virginia at Rutgers (6p, BTN). Intriguing matchup, if not too aesthetically pleasing.
  • #9 Maryland at #13 NC State (7p, ESPN). Highest-profile matchup in the conference challenge.
  • Purdue at Virginia Tech (7p, ACCNX). Purdue has picked up some important wins and was just shy of cracking this week's BY25.
  • Iowa State at Alabama (7p, SECN+). Could be an important win for Alabama, which seems to have recovered from the early loss to Hampton.
  • #2 Louisville at Ohio State (8p, BTN). Perhaps a trap game for Louisville, after knocking off #1 Oregon?
  • #19 Michigan State at #8 Florida State (8p, ACCN)
  • Syracuse at #21 Michigan (9p, ESPN). Both teams are in the "receiving votes" category of the BY25.

Fri., Dec. 6
  • BYU at Arizona State (8p, live stream). Both teams have underwhelmed so far, need a win here.
  • Hawai'i at Oregon State (10p, audio only). Hawai'i played NC State closely and then upset Texas the next day.

Sat., Dec. 7
  • #16 DePaul at Green Bay (2p, ESPN3). Another tough OOC game for DePaul. Green Bay is fresh off an upset of Syracuse.
  • Kansas State at #23 Arkansas (3p, SECN+). Both teams needing this win here. Kansas State has been particularly disappointing.
  • Auburn at TCU (3p)
  • #25 LSU at Oklahoma (4p). Oklahoma needs to find its mojo soon or Sherri will be out of a job.
  • Princeton at Marist (7p, ESPN+). Solid mid-majors here, each with only one loss (Princeton to Iowa, Marist to Central Michigan).
  • Oklahoma State at #12 Texas A&M (8p, SECN+). Aggies try to recover from a flat outing vs. Florida State.

Sun., Dec. 8
  • West Virginia at #10 Mississippi State (2p, SECN). Intriguing matchup, albeit likely one-sided.
  • Texas at #17 Tennessee (2p, ESPN2). The perpetrators return to the scene of the crime. Can this game be any uglier than the one two years ago?
  • Northern Iowa at Creighton (2p)
  • South Dakota State at #3 Oregon (3p, P12N). Oregon tries to re-establish itself after the loss to Louisville. The Jackrabbits are no pushover.
  • Notre Dame at #4 UConn (4p, ESPN)
  • #18 Gonzaga at Washington State (5p, live stream). A chance for the Cougars to get a quality OOC win on their home court.
That black bottom pie looks delicious!!

Reaction Score
Ha and in fact the school's own release boasts of their offensive uptick:

"Nicholls (2-5) came up short in its weekend trip to Florida with a pair of losses to Jacksonville University and North Florida. Although on the wrong side of the scoreboard, the Colonels had their best offensive showings on the road with 55 and 61 points."

Nicholls State, Harvard on the Bayou. Wrote a few columns for the Nicholls Worth way back in '82....Ahhhhh days of wine and gumbo.....

Plebe

Reaction Score
Nicholls State, Harvard on the Bayou. Wrote a few columns for the Nicholls Worth way back in '82....Ahhhhh days of wine and gumbo.....
In Thibodeaux, Louisiana ... Geaux Colonels

1575347600225.png

Reaction Score
Baylor plays Georgia Wednesday.

Not expecting much from the game, but it is a game.

Reaction Score
Nichols is awful. Our 3 point shoot is just as bad though, we have airmailed 3 of our 4 three attempts :D

Plebe

Reaction Score
Nichols is awful. Our 3 point shoot is just as bad though, we have airmailed 3 of our 4 three attempts :D
Ha I seriously don't think I've ever seen a team airball so many 3-point shots as LSU has been doing this season.

Nicholls is so small. They look a lot like some of the cupcakes Baylor and Tennessee like to play. @LETTERL described them very generously as "offensively challenged." They had a nearly 15-minute scoreless stretch in the first half of this game.

Reaction Score
Ha I seriously don't think I've ever seen a team airball so many 3-point shots as LSU has been doing this season.

Nicholls is so small. They look a lot like some of the cupcakes Baylor and Tennessee like to play. @LETTERL described them very generously as "offensively challenged." They had a nearly 15-minute scoreless stretch in the first half of this game.
Did LSU shoot as many airballs as Dayton in their game vs Uconn?

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
@Plebe I had to take a shot of insulin just looking at that pie picture :) :eek:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Did LSU shoot as many airballs as Dayton in their game vs Uconn?
I didn't see all of the Dayton-UConn game. I probably saw about 2/3 of it, but I don't remember an extraordinary number of airballs from Dayton. With LSU it truly seems like 3 out of 4 attempts from the arc is an airball, and I've watched portions of about 4 different LSU games now. Just treat yourself to the first half of the LSU-Nicholls game on ESPN+.

I know we've talked about Dayton being bad, but I actually think they're probably still in the upper half of D-I. Nicholls, however, isn't.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

View attachment 48773

That looks like the Chocolate Cream Pie I've been getting from K&W Cafeteria for the past few decades..... minus the chocolate strips on top

Plebe

Reaction Score
Kinda of a weird situation in the Providence-Yale game. This is the continuation of a Nov. 5 game suspended at halftime due to a scoreboard malfunction. Providence led by 9 at the time, but Yale has come back and taken a 2-point lead in the 4th quarter.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
Kinda of a weird situation in the Providence-Yale game. This is the continuation of a Nov. 5 game suspended at halftime due to a scoreboard malfunction. Providence led by 9 at the time, but Yale has come back and taken a 2-point lead in the 4th quarter.

Yale had plenty of time to make halftime adjustments!

Plebe

Reaction Score
Yale had plenty of time to make halftime adjustments!
Ha in the postgame interview the Yale player said something like "our chemistry has gotten a lot better in the last month." I bet it has!

Plebe

Reaction Score
Oklahoma in another dogfight, currently down 31-30 at Western Kentucky near end of first half. Sooners already have 18 turnovers :eek:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom