Games of interest, Dec. 2-8 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Games of interest, Dec. 2-8

Reaction Score
Oklahoma in another dogfight, currently down 31-30 at Western Kentucky near end of first half. Sooners already have 18 turnovers :eek:

She is going to be out of a job soon. They are awfully coached group. Whats sad is they have some talented/workable pieces to put together a decent squad. 20 turnovers and they still have most the 3rd quarter to play.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
She is going to be out of a job soon. They are awfully coached group. Whats sad is they have some talented/workable pieces to put together a decent squad. 20 turnovers and they still have most the 3rd quarter to play.
It's almost like a competition between Coale and Aston to see who can set their own seat on fire the fastest.

WKU opens the second half on a 15-4 to take a 12-point lead and force an OU timeout.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Wichita State gave Missouri State all it could handle for about 3 quarters, but ultimately seems to lack the inside presence or composure to hang through 40 minutes. Missouri State starting to pull away a bit, now up 10 in 4Q.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Penn beats La Salle 65-49.
Kayla Padilla, freshman for Penn had 24 points. She is from Torrance California, She averages 18 ppg so far.

Interesting stat from announcers, when Penn scores 60 points they have won 46 of their last 47 games. Sounds like a team with a great defense.

Plebe

Reaction Score
It's been a nip-and-tuck game between Creighton and South Dakota in Vermillion, until USD just went on a little burst to take a 9-point lead. Two very well-coached teams here.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I have my eye on the Northwestern-BC score, which is closer than expected. Pulliam is having a good game with 21 points, but both Wolf and Scheid are ice cold. NW trying to hang on to a 3-point lead.

Reaction Score
OU has 30 turnovers :D

Good luck with that against LSU.
Beyond the 31 turnovers, the stat that stood out to me was that Taylor Robertson played the entire game, all 40 minutes, without recording a defensive statistic. Not defensive rebounds, blocks, or steals. Just a single foul committed. I know she can shoot, but they are almost playing 5 on 4 defensively. She only had one assist as well. Obviously there is a place for that skill set, but I'm not sure how you can give so much playing time to a player who is so limited.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I dont have the BTN on Sling... so I watched the UNCW vs Presbyterian battle. It was actually a competitive matchup. It looks to be a long season for the Seahawks in the Colonial.... as they have already lost to Longwood and survived this battle with the Blue Hose.

I was surprised at the score of the Kentucky-Charlotte game. I thought Charlotte was halfway decent.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Beyond the 31 turnovers, the stat that stood out to me was that Taylor Robertson played the entire game, all 40 minutes, without recording a defensive statistic. Not defensive rebounds, blocks, or steals. Just a single foul committed. I know she can shoot, but they are almost playing 5 on 4 defensively. She only had one assist as well. Obviously there is a place for that skill set, but I'm not sure how you can give so much playing time to a player who is so limited.
Did you know that Didi Richards had zero defensive rebounds against South Carolina? And zero blocks? And only 1 steal? She must be a bad defensive player :rolleyes:

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
I dont have the BTN on Sling... so I watched the UNCW vs Presbyterian battle. It was actually a competitive matchup. It looks to be a long season for the Seahawks in the Colonial.... as they have already lost to Longwood and survived this battle with the Blue Hose.

I was surprised at the score of the Kentucky-Charlotte game. I thought Charlotte was halfway decent.
I could be mistaken but I thought at some point this fall that you posted that you had YouTubeTV. I only remember this because I had just signed up for it and you had posted that SNY was available to you yet it was not available to me here in the Triad.
But it's not a big deal because I have the ESPN app and can stream the SNY televised games, I just can't record them.

BTW YouTubeTV does carry BTN.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I could be mistaken but I thought at some point this fall that you posted that you had YouTubeTV. I only remember this because I had just signed up for it and you had posted that SNY was available to you yet it was not available to me here in the Triad.
But it's not a big deal because I have the ESPN app and can stream the SNY televised games, I just can't record them.

BTW YouTubeTV does carry BTN.

I tried the YoutubeTV 2 week free trial.... I liked it.... but guess my familiarity with the Sling set up drew me back. Plus Sling allows me to see the Pac 12 network that the YoutubeTV didnt have that option. I have much more interest in Pac 12 WCBB than the Big 10.

I can see myself trying out YoutubeTv again after the basketball season..... especially with the Olympics and stuff next summer.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
I tried the YoutubeTV 2 week free trial.... I liked it.... but guess my familiarity with the Sling set up drew me back. Plus Sling allows me to see the Pac 12 network that the YoutubeTV didnt have that option. I have much more interest in Pac 12 WCBB than the Big 10.

I can see myself trying out YoutubeTv again after the basketball season..... especially with the Olympics and stuff next summer.
Thanks for the reply...confirms that I wasn't dreaming it :confused:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Rutgers demolishing Virginia 15-2 in Q1 with 2+minutes left in Q1

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
In the lone game of the ACC-Southern Challenge..... ETSU is gonna defeat Wake Forest Head bangHead bangHead bang

Plebe

Reaction Score
In the lone game of the ACC-Southern Challenge..... ETSU is gonna defeat Wake Forest Head bangHead bangHead bang
I just commented in the challenge thread that this counts as 2 losses for the ACC. Down now 8-4 :p

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
These ETSU announcers are piling on.... saying that Wake is having a rough opening part of the season..... falling to 0-2 in the Southern Conference. (Previously lost to UNC-G)

And ETSU has the same fight song as those Tar Heels :confused::confused::eek::eek::eek:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Arizona was in control for most of the game at UTEP, but the Miners have mounted a comeback, just hit a 3 to close the gap to 9 with 2:55 to play.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Whoa. Oklahoma over LSU 51-32 at half. :eek::eek::eek:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Whoa. Oklahoma over LSU 51-32 at half. :eek::eek::eek:
I know, crazy. That's almost what LSU's opponents have averaged so far this season over an entire game (53).

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Looks like Arizona took the 4th quarter off, but still won. Big game for Reese, 19 points/17 rebounds 8-13 shooting.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Okay, I'm gonna have to officially consider that I don't know anything about WCBB anymore at this point. CSU Bakersfield started out the year losing by 30 to Washington and 40 to Gonzaga. I thought they were terrible. Somehow they've improved their record to 5-3 and are currently leading Pacific by 4 midway thru the 4th quarter. I thought Pacific was solid. Not much makes sense so far this season.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Okay, I'm gonna have to officially consider that I don't know anything about WCBB anymore at this point. CSU Bakersfield started out the year losing by 30 to Washington and 40 to Gonzaga. I thought they were terrible. Somehow they've improved their record to 5-3 and are currently leading Pacific by 4 midway thru the 4th quarter. I thought Pacific was solid. Not much makes sense so far this season.
Ha it's true. The moment you decide one team is really good, they lay an egg. And when you think another team totally sucks, they pull an Oklahoma and beat LSU by 25.

Reaction Score
Pacific goes down to CSU Bakersfield. CSU Bakersfield plays Oregon State on 12/29. Pacific gave OSU a bit of trouble in Corvallis! I'm sure Rueck won't have to educate his team about a dangerous CSU Bakersfield team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom