Gamecocks 2024-25 Season: Part One | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2024-25 Season: Part One

Reaction Score
I think Edwards will easily contribute. Not sure it will be with starter minutes, but it's possible. Can't imagine that she actually starts though.

It's wild how many things are up in the air about team that only lost one contributor, but there is so much untapped potential in just about every player it is hard to say what it will even look like.
Well, Chloe Shocked me by starting last year but nah.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Yeah we’ll be fine. We have everything we need to be a top 3 team again this season. We’ll compete with anybody.

The portal wasn’t a must. Enjoy your summer and don’t stress haha

WBBTakeover

Lindsey Harding for Fever head coach
Reaction Score
We'll be fine. Continuity will be a strength of ours in 2024-25, along with individual improvements in maturity (sophomores become juniors and freshmen become sophomores), all the experience gained in tough situations previously (several close calls in 2023-24), enhanced BBIQ for all players (hitting the film room HARD due to individual motivation), and talent/athleticism/size. There isn't a team out there that can match us when you take all of these factors into consideration. We are the favorites for a reason. Doesn't guarantee another undefeated season, but I like our chances for a repeat far more than I like anyone else's chances to knock us off the pedestal. As long as we stay healthy and motivated, we're winning #4 in 2024-25.

Reaction Score
LOL, this tweet that just dropped might today be a little more relevant in another particular thread but I find that whole argument/debate to be tiresome so I’m just going to post it in here. Appears there’s a new statue outside CLA and it’s of neither Aliyah or Dawn. ;)

Reaction Score
I think some of you are way overthinking the size implications for next year. First of all Sakima is 6'5 and had some very decent moments this year that another year of development, weight room work and continuity should make her even more effective and also she is a very good perimeter shooter, as referenced when she was brought in the program. Secondly Adhel is actually 6'6 and more athletically gifted than Boston. Though she is not as polished, skilled or versatile as Boston, she is a very good rim protector and as close to Boston as we have had on defense and with her Basketball I.Q as Dawn has stated many times this year, even as lately as a radio show earlier this week. Tac has a good low post game and is a better finisher at the rim than Kamilla was her first two years here at Carolina. Pairing her with Watkins, Feagin and Edwards who is a vey good finisher underneath, we will be different but we can definitely match our production at that position. Remember Edwards won a gold as one of only two high school players on the U 19 gold medal winning team. She not only played with some of the top college sophomores in the country, she was chosen as one of the All Star 5 players of the tournament. Couple this with winning the MVP of the McDAA game, Nike Hoop Summitt and Jordan Brand Game and it obviously gives us more credible data on how she would translate in her freshmen year than other players coming into the NCAA game this year. This will be 6'6 (Tac) , 6'5 (Walker) , 6'3( Watkins), 6'3 (Edwards) 6'3( Feagin) and 6'2 (Kitts) in the front court. Tac's injury was minor and she has already passed her recovery period and stated on her ig live with Cardoso that she will be practicing with the team in June when they start summer workouts. Also for those that do not keep up, Tac would have been a McDonalds All American this year had she not entered college as the other post taken from the game, Shaq's daughter and another girl, were and still are rated well below her in the final rankings. At one time before her foot injury, she was rated as high as #5 in the class, which is why she was always my choice for which post we would take. Our frontline is deeper and more talented collectively than any in the country. Remember, as gaga as some were going on about Kiriafen going to any team, she was rated below Feagin coming out of high school and Sania towards the end of the year and especailly in the tourney was starting to reach her full potential, something Dawn also mentioned on her interview earlier this week. We need to relax. The portal was never a must for us with no transfers out of the program.
I'm not worried.

After the loss to Iowa, I thought we would be one of the title favorites by the end of the year with a chance to be better than the final Freshies squad, but we would take some losses early as the team came together. Nice surprise to see us firing on all cylinders from day 1.

I think next year's team should be better than this year's, but will lack the "in emergency, throw to Kamilla" option. I hope we will not need it to get another title, but (again) would be surprised if we don't take a loss or two in the regular season.

Ideally, we'll win our third title in four years, and enter the offseason with 8 players returning while everybody talks about akshully Blah might be the favorite next year, not South Carolina, but you never know cause there's just so much parity in the sport.

Reaction Score
I'm not worried.

After the loss to Iowa, I thought we would be one of the title favorites by the end of the year with a chance to be better than the final Freshies squad, but we would take some losses early as the team came together. Nice surprise to see us firing on all cylinders from day 1.

I think next year's team should be better than this year's, but will lack the "in emergency, throw to Kamilla" option. I hope we will not need it to get another title, but (again) would be surprised if we don't take a loss or two in the regular season.

Ideally, we'll win our third title in four years, and enter the offseason with 8 players returning while everybody talks about akshully Blah might be the favorite next year, not South Carolina, but you never know cause there's just so much parity in the sport.
I had to do a double take on this to be sure I hadn’t written it. Are you my long list twin?:confused:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I think some of you are way overthinking the size implications for next year. First of all Sakima is 6'5 and had some very decent moments this year that another year of development, weight room work and continuity should make her even more effective and also she is a very good perimeter shooter, as referenced when she was brought in the program. Secondly Adhel is actually 6'6 and more athletically gifted than Boston. Though she is not as polished, skilled or versatile as Boston, she is a very good rim protector and as close to Boston as we have had on defense and with her Basketball I.Q as Dawn has stated many times this year, even as lately as a radio show earlier this week. Tac has a good low post game and is a better finisher at the rim than Kamilla was her first two years here at Carolina. Pairing her with Watkins, Feagin and Edwards who is a vey good finisher underneath, we will be different but we can definitely match our production at that position. Remember Edwards won a gold as one of only two high school players on the U 19 gold medal winning team. She not only played with some of the top college sophomores in the country, she was chosen as one of the All Star 5 players of the tournament. Couple this with winning the MVP of the McDAA game, Nike Hoop Summitt and Jordan Brand Game and it obviously gives us more credible data on how she would translate in her freshmen year than other players coming into the NCAA game this year. This will be 6'6 (Tac) , 6'5 (Walker) , 6'3( Watkins), 6'3 (Edwards) 6'3( Feagin) and 6'2 (Kitts) in the front court. Tac's injury was minor and she has already passed her recovery period and stated on her ig live with Cardoso that she will be practicing with the team in June when they start summer workouts. Also for those that do not keep up, Tac would have been a McDonalds All American this year had she not entered college as the other post taken from the game, Shaq's daughter and another girl, were and still are rated well below her in the final rankings. At one time before her foot injury, she was rated as high as #5 in the class, which is why she was always my choice for which post we would take. Our frontline is deeper and more talented collectively than any in the country. Remember, as gaga as some were going on about Kiriafen going to any team, she was rated below Feagin coming out of high school and Sania towards the end of the year and especailly in the tourney was starting to reach her full potential, something Dawn also mentioned on her interview earlier this week. We need to relax. The portal was never a must for us with no transfers out of the program.
I think Tac will need a year or 2 to get up to speed, but her potential is sky high with her size and athleticism. What Dawn does better than anyone else is she recruits great athletes that can be molded into great basketball players. I think Tac will prove to be much better than her #26 ranking just like how Watkins has outperformed her #12 HS ranking.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
We'll be fine. Continuity will be a strength of ours in 2024-25, along with individual improvements in maturity (sophomores become juniors and freshmen become sophomores), all the experience gained in tough situations previously (several close calls in 2023-24), enhanced BBIQ for all players (hitting the film room HARD due to individual motivation), and talent/athleticism/size. There isn't a team out there that can match us when you take all of these factors into consideration. We are the favorites for a reason. Doesn't guarantee another undefeated season, but I like our chances for a repeat far more than I like anyone else's chances to knock us off the pedestal. As long as we stay healthy and motivated, we're winning #4 in 2024-25.

I was under the impressed that you were a Duke fan :oops:

As Stephen A Smith said best

Reaction Score
Last year I was getting scolded for picking us over LSU as conference favorite and saying we should be considered a favorite to win it all and I was just blown away ESPN would rank us 7th.

I think it's fair to worry a little about the depth of quality posts vs larger contenders.

That's about all there is to worry about other than complacency.

Reaction Score
I am still wondering about Janiah Barker. She was down to South Carolina and Georgia before she followed the coach to Texas A&M.
Yeah. I have considered her too. However, she has not shown that she wants to mix it up down low with an opposing center ? We don’t need another forward,,

Second , we don’t want a Mr. Me, me? We want we, we, we! Chemistry is what we need to keep intact, during recruiting, she acted like a bit of a prima donna,

Reaction Score
Last year I was getting scolded for picking us over LSU as conference favorite and saying we should be considered a favorite to win it all and I was just blown away ESPN would rank us 7th.

I think it's fair to worry a little about the depth of quality posts vs larger contenders.

That's about all there is to worry about other than complacency.
I don’t worry about complacency at all. There’s too much competition for minutes on this team. They know if they perform they’ll get on the floor. Some of them have already posted videos of them working with personAl trainers during their month off.

I do think MiLaysia will start next year IF she works really hard on her conditioning, which I have no doubt she’ll do. She goes SO hard during the time she plays that she gets gassed if she plays too long.

The team we put on the floor this year was very young. The chemistry is already there. Adhel’s personality fit perfectly with this team. A good many on this team have played with Joyce and know her well. Maddie just seems like a great culture piece too. I already can’t wait for next year!

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score

One of the coolest graduation traditions at South Carolina. Love this. I remember finding out at my own graduation that a friend of mine was a Cocky. Wasn't a super close friend, just one of those people that you're social with and occasionally have a drink with at a party. Four years running around Columbia in similar social circles and had no clue.

Reaction Score
One of the coolest graduation traditions at South Carolina. Love this. I remember finding out at my own graduation that a friend of mine was a Cocky. Wasn't a super close friend, just one of those people that you're social with and occasionally have a drink with at a party. Four years running around Columbia in similar social circles and had no clue.
I went to the tryouts at the end of my freshman year just to see what it was like. After just wearing it for a couple minutes inside the practice facility, you couldn't pay me to be in that suit on a football gameday. Lot of respect for the people who do it.

Reaction Score
I met two of the Cockys when I was in school. One of them was one of the nicest most reserved people you would ever meet. The other was super outgoing and could yap for days non-stop. I always thought it was so hilarious how 2 very different guys could pull off portraying Cocky so well.

Reaction Score
I met two of the Cockys when I was in school. One of them was one of the nicest most reserved people you would ever meet. The other was super outgoing and could yap for days non-stop. I always thought it was so hilarious how 2 very different guys could pull off portraying Cocky so well.
Personalities change when mere mortals don the yellow feets!

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Just curious. Are lower level single tickets available online through the SCAR site or whatever ticket agency yall use? I imagine they go quickly for the weekend games.

Personalities change when mere mortals don the yellow feets!

I aint trying to hate, but they look more like paws than feet. I ain't never heard of a chicken paw.

Reaction Score
Just curious. Are lower level single tickets available online through the SCAR site or whatever ticket agency yall use? I imagine they go quickly for the weekend games.

I aint trying to hate, but they look more like paws than feet. I ain't never heard of a chicken paw.
You can find some tickets. Just depends on the game but finding a single ticket in the lower bowl shouldn’t be that difficult. You can find tickets at Ticketmaster or one of the other sites that sells tickets.

Reaction Score
Lotta ppl don’t know this, but human skeletal structure and weight distribution is different from a rooster’s

Reaction Score
SEC scheduled USC.with a home/away against Texas instead of the usual UK.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom