Gamecocks 2022 | Page 24 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
also not good to tell fans of the team with the more recent national title that they'll never know what a national title feels like.

I got no rage in this fight though. I think it's exciting myself to have this conversation about next season.
The past is the past.

It's not a good idea to mock any team whose most recent games were in the Final Four - especially when neither team is facing any significant loss of personnel from those appearances - AND both teams are adding bundles of talent for their next appearances.

Reaction Score
While there's definitely lots of questions to be answered, I think that the national title will come down to who doesn't have to face the other two teams in the FF back to back unless Maryland or North Carolina State emerge as a fourth contender this season. There's also a contrast in styles, as I consider the Stanford and South Carolina defenses to be a slight notch above UConn -- despite UConn admittedly having a slight edge on the offensive side of the floor. In terms of a direct matchup, I'm not really convinced which team I would prefer to play as I think all three have potential for some growth this season. I think that Stanford continues to benefit from the toughness of the Pac-12, and next season will be no different with plenty of talent around the conference.

Reaction Score
I've got those five and I need to refresh my memory on Louisville.

As good as UConn and SCar look on paper it's one of the more wide open years once again.

Reaction Score
also not good to tell fans of the team with the more recent national title that they'll never know what a national title feels like.

I got no rage in this fight though. I think it's exciting myself to have this conversation about next season. ;)

More recent? As in one year more recent. It’s not as if UConn has do go back decades for its last championship. We’re not Texas. Or Tennessee. ;)

Reaction Score
I can’t wait to see mouths hit the floor when spectators actually see how good this SC class is! I was shopping downtown at Publix and I ran across Coach Law in an aisle and I had to ask her thoughts on this years team. She stopped and looked and said “the sky’s the limit and maybe even beyond that”… I think people are severely sleeping on Sania Feagin and Saniya Rivers. Feagin will wake a lot of people up when she plays for the U19 squad and Rivers personally has said she wants to win NFOY and I definitely think she can. She’s seen the hype around all these other players but no one is talking about her coming into college. She’s going to be the next her and I can’t wait to see it!
This UCONN fan agrees with you. Dawn and her team did an excellent job in putting together such a great group of young women, and I can’t wait to see them display their talents. Against each other, as well as other competitors. All in all, the coming season is going to be fun to watch, and I’m axiously waiting for tip-off.

Reaction Score
Yeah, Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda BUT DIDN'T! SC Lost.

Hey, but al least you have that Phantom National Championship in 2020 when there wasn't an actual NCAA Tournament.

You'all always have that. I hope that Banner is hangin' front and center.
Ummm, please don’t be mad at me, but can we move on from the “banner”. Teams (people) should celebrate their wins (and losses) however they want to, owing no apologies to others. Many people found humor in hanging the “banner”, but it’s a new day, and a new year, so please, let’s move on.

Reaction Score
I can’t wait to see mouths hit the floor when spectators actually see how good this SC class is! I was shopping downtown at Publix and I ran across Coach Law in an aisle and I had to ask her thoughts on this years team. She stopped and looked and said “the sky’s the limit and maybe even beyond that”… I think people are severely sleeping on Sania Feagin and Saniya Rivers. Feagin will wake a lot of people up when she plays for the U19 squad and Rivers personally has said she wants to win NFOY and I definitely think she can. She’s seen the hype around all these other players but no one is talking about her coming into college. She’s going to be the next her and I can’t wait to see it!

I understand your enthusiasm, but "no one is talking about" Rivers? Really? Gatorade player of the year. Top 3 ranked. She may be NFOY, but it won't be because she "snuck up" on someone.

Reaction Score
I've got those five and I need to refresh my memory on Louisville.

As good as UConn and SCar look on paper it's one of the more wide open years once again.

I doubt it--

UCONN, SC and Stanford - I expect one of the 3 to win.

While Arizona made a tremendous run this past year - the Big 3 were UCONN, SC and Stanford - and one of them won. I expect again one of these 3 to win.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I'll be waiting.

In the meantime... next time you go to Publix... pick up two cartons of the Publix's limited edition Southern Banana Pudding Ice Cream. You are welcome.

Reaction Score

Congrats to Allisha! Just a tremendous, tournament-long, versatile display of offense, defense, rebounding, and passing. Very proud of her, Kelsey, Stef, and Jackie!

Reaction Score
Allisha represented in just about every statistical category.
Check out her Player Value number!

1627482518179.png

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Looks like Lower Carolina is coming to the Triangle this season..... playing in Raleigh vs State. I was correct... they didn't want the smoke over in Durham. :cool: I can understand though.... Chickens will try to avoid smoke as much as possible.

Reaction Score
Looks like Lower Carolina is coming to the Triangle this season..... playing in Raleigh vs State. I was correct... they didn't want the smoke over in Durham. :cool: I can understand though.... Chickens will try to avoid smoke as much as possible.

Well the goal is to strengthen your SOS, not weaken it. :p
Having said that, there seems to still be room on SC's non-conference for a Duke match up. They were one of the teams Dawn mentioned in her end of season presser.
----------------------------

So this is what I have of what we have learned about next season's non-conference schedule. Fellow Gamecock fans, please correct me where I left any opponent out.

11/9 - NC State
11/12 - South Dakota (Sioux falls Invitational)
11/20 - Buffalo (Battle 4 Atlantis)
11/21 - Oregon or Oklahoma (Battle 4 Atlantis)
11/22 - UConn, Minnesota, USF, or Syracuse (Battle 4 Atlantis)
2/7(?) - UConn
HBCU to be named
Clemson

That makes 8 that I'm aware of. Typically SC plays 13 14 non-conference games so that leaves 5 6 slots open. Don't recall if anything as of yet has been reported about potential matchups with Maryland, Duke, and Stanford.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Having said that, there seems to still be room on SC's non-conference for a Duke match up. They were one of the teams Dawn mentioned in her end of season presser.

So this is what I have of what we have learned about next season's non-conference schedule. Fellow Gamecock fans, please correct me where I left any opponent out.

11/9 - NC State
2/7(?) - UConn
HBCU to be named
Clemson

That makes 8 that I'm aware of. Typically SC plays 13 games non-conference so that leaves 5 slots open. Don't recall if anything as of yet has been reported about potential matchups with Maryland, Duke, and Stanford.
If we add Maryland and Stanford, we very likely could be playing what will become the final 4 before we even start the SEC schedule!

Reaction Score
If we add Maryland and Stanford, we very likely could be playing what will become the final 4 before we even start the SEC schedule!
If Stanford, SC, UConn, Maryland, and NCST all played each other, I don’t think any team would get out with a record better than 3-2.

Reaction Score

11/9 - NC State
2/7(?) - UConn
HBCU to be named
Clemson

That makes 8 that I'm aware of. Typically SC plays 13 games non-conference so that leaves 5 slots open. Don't recall if anything as of yet has been reported about potential matchups with Maryland, Duke, and Stanford.

We're still owed games with Maryland and Duke - we had an away game cancelled with Duke 2 years ago due to bad weather in NC, and a home game with MD was cancelled due to the pandemic last season.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom