Gamecocks 2022 | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Where will the spelling bee champ go to college? She's a hoop star too.
Seeing a couple tweets saying she wants to go to Harvard though don’t know if that comes from someone with knowledge or if the young lady mentioned that to the media. Kinda funny that winning a spelling bee gets a GBB player noticed.

Closest comparison might be Moné Davis who got notoriety during the LLWS a several years ago and there was all the talk of her wanting to play WBB @ UConn. She ended up at Hampton to play softball.

Reaction Score
How much longer do y’all think we have to wait for the new birdie to reveal herself? Who do y’all think it is? My guess is Talaysia Cooper.

Reaction Score
How much longer do y’all think we have to wait for the new birdie to reveal herself? Who do y’all think it is? My guess is Talaysia Cooper.
That’s my guess as well.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Where will the spelling bee champ go to college? She's a hoop star too.
Apparently loves Harvard, but she looks really good as a player. I'm surprised it took the national spelling bee for her to get notoriety for basketball... her skill level is definitely P5 level from what I've seen. I'm sure the Stanford-Duke-Notre Dame type schools will be all over her.

Last edited:

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I thought the new birdie was KK Arnold because I once heard that SC leads for her, but now I'm not so sure she even ends up at SC at all. Recruiting has really turned up for her.

I'm actually beginning to lean to the birdie being an in-state player too. I would be ecstatic for either Cooper, Watkins or Fulwiley.. especially Fulwiley.

Reaction Score
E58K0FZXoAcwWv5.jpg

Reaction Score
I thought the new birdie was KK Arnold because I once heard that SC leads for her, but now I'm not so sure she even ends up at SC at all. Recruiting has really turned up for her.

I'm actually beginning to lean to the birdie being an in-state player too. I would be ecstatic for either Cooper, Watkins or Fulwiley.. especially Fulwiley.
I don’t think it’s KK Arnold. Pretty sure it’s an in-state player, which would almost certainly have to be Cooper, Watkins or Fulwiley (don’t think it’s her yet).

Reaction Score

Arnold released a Top 12 a couple days after her visit which makes me think it is not her. Risch’s visit was among a whole barnstorm of southeastern colleges that weekend, so unless she got particularly blown away with her USC visit, it’s probably not her. The commit is likely Cooper or Watkins (don’t believe it’s Fulwiley), but the longer it stays secret, I’m going to low key fantasize the secretive Barker made it in for a visit and she is the commit. :p

Between Coop or Watkins, I’ll go with Watkins as the one who committed.

Reaction Score
Yeaaaaa page 20 milestone for gamecock22 wbb fan thread . Nxt target is 50

Reaction Score
I bet we lead the nation in average blocked shots per game when the season is over!
I just checked out last year's stats and found that we led the nation so I feel like I need to up my bet. Last season we averaged 7.0 blocks per game with a total of 218 blocks over 31 games. With the addition of Cordoso and the freshmen, I bet we average 9.0 blocks per game. I tried to find an all-time stat list and couldn't find one but I think that's a reasonable number given the circumstances.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I just checked out last year's stats and found that we led the nation so I feel like I need to up my bet. Last season we averaged 7.0 blocks per game with a total of 218 blocks over 31 games. With the addition of Cordoso and the freshmen, I bet we average 9.0 blocks per game. I tried to find an all-time stat list and couldn't find one but I think that's a reasonable number given the circumstances.
Our defense should be out of site this season. I can't wait.

Reaction Score
What time of year is the schedule released?
2018 they released it third week of August. 2019 schedule release was first week of September. Last year the release was mid-November, given circumstances being what they were, so that one can be disregarded.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Any update on new chickens coming home to roost? It appears UCONN has cooled on Arnold and has offered Shade. Hidalgo also blowing up on circuit- she would be my personal choice among the three.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Any update on new chickens coming home to roost? It appears UCONN has cooled on Arnold and has offered Shade. Hidalgo also blowing up on circuit- she would be my personal choice among the three.
No updates yet, but the longer it takes the more I’m thinking it’s not anybody in the 2022 class. I’m aware Dawn is really high on Zoe Brooks as well so that’s another option.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Gamecock Central's WBB insider says its a 2022 recruit but he could be wrong I guess.
I wonder how many we’re planning to take in ‘22… I hope it’s more than 1. Our very talented classes are always followed up by classes of 1. I would love to break that cycle.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I was in the Juice Shop yesterday getting a post walk Smoothie, and there was this young lad wearing a South Carolina Gamecock mask. I had on my Duke shirt and hat... thought about going up to him and asking if yall wanted some smoke this year... but I changed my mind.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I was in the Juice Shop yesterday getting a post walk Smoothie, and there was this young lad wearing a South Carolina Gamecock mask. I had on my Duke shirt and hat... thought about going up to him and asking if yall wanted some smoke this year... but I changed my mind.
LOL

you seem fun IRL haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member