Gamecocks 2022 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Whelp, time to move on from 2021. Let's talk 2022 "All things Gamecocks"

First, who are we gonna have? Well, more depth with 15 potential scholarship players.

Fifth year senior: ????????
Lele Griffith: W

Seniors:
Elysa Wesolek F
Destiny Littleton G
Destanni Henderson PG
Victaria Saxton F

Juniors

Aliya Boston P/F
Zia Cooke PG
Brea Beal W

Latecia Amihere F
Olivia Thompson PG

Sophomore
Eniyah Russell G

Freshwomen
Raven Johnson PG
Saniya Rivers G/W
Aubryanna Hall G
Sania Feagin F

Not known if Lele will return for her Covid regulation 5th year. Speculative rumor that Eniyah Russell is looking toward transfer.

Reaction Score
I'm excited/terrified to see what this SC team with confident and competent 3-point shooters could look like. Saniya Rivers is so fun to watch on the wing -- even if she's not shooting it well, I think she'd bring more to the table than Beal.

Also, I wonder if Russell might consider heading back home to Maryland. I think she's close with Reese. Could have a nice role after Benzan leaves, considering Zoe Young's iffy future.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Whelp, time to move on from 2021. Let's talk 2022 "All things Gamecocks"

First, who are we gonna have? Well, more depth with 15 potential scholarship players.

Fifth year senior: ????????
Lele Griffith: W

Seniors:
Elysa Wesolek F
Destiny Littleton G
Destanni Henderson PG
Victaria Saxton F

Juniors
Aliya Boston P/F
Zia Cooke PG
Brea Beal W

Latecia Amihere F
Olivia Thompson PG

Sophomore
Eniyah Russell G

Freshwomen
Raven Johnson PG
Saniya Rivers G/W
Aubryanna Hall G
Sania Feagin F

Not known if Lele will return for her Covid regulation 5th year. Speculative rumor that Eniyah Russell is looking toward transfer.

Did Lele get married? I thought her last name is Grissett

Reaction Score
So, who are we recruiting for the 2022 class? First, our roster shows that we will have 10 schollies filed, leaving five schollies open for the 2022 class (and about five open for the 2023 class)

Right now the prospects that claim to have offers from Dawn and have not eliminated SCar are:
HG #7: Maya Nnaji: 6-4 Forward, Minnesota.
HG #8: Talaysia Cooper: 6-0 Guard, South Carolina.
HG #13: Ashlyn Watkins, 6-3 F, South Carolina

A prospect who is believed to have an offer from Dawn but has never revealed ANY offers is
HG #2: Janiah Barker, 6-2 F, Florida

A prospect who has visited SCar and may (or may not) have an offer from Dawn is:
HG #17: Kayla Oldacre, 6-5 P, Ohio

A prospect who considers SCar (and UConn) to be among her finalists is:
HG NR Tyanna Todd 6-0 guard, Ontario Canada

So, I believe that Dawn may want two bigs to back up Boston and Amihere for a year before those two graduate. Add one or two guards for a class of three or four out of the six listed above. Does Todd have an actual offer that places SCar among her finalists or is her finalist list just dream schools ? I have no clue.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Give my Talaysia Cooper, Janiah Barker and either Ashlyn Watkins or Maya Nnaji and I think SC covers the roster gaps pretty decently.

Reaction Score
Give my Talaysia Cooper, Janiah Barker and either Ashlyn Watkins or Maya Nnaji and I think SC covers the roster gaps pretty decently.
Give me all four and the roster gaps are filled almost fully - leaving one scholly to add to 2023 class which will have 5 scholly openings from graduation of our 2019 class. With a failure to get either Barker and Nnaji, I would settle for Cooper, Watkins and Oldacre. 1 guard and two bigs.

Reaction Score
The names on that list look right to me, though I don’t think I knew about Oldacre. A class of 3 would be best. Just need to get away from this pattern of only one recruit committing after bringing in a top ranking class. I would like to keep the Carolina girls in state, especially Cooper. So I hope for Cooper and any 2 forwards from Watkins, Barker or Nnaji.

Reaction Score
1617742096349.png

6-5 Kayla Oldacre with Dawn on a visit about a year ago. She does not discuss offer. This is the only reference to any college on her twitter account.

Have we offered? Nobody knows. 6-5 is hard to teach. She is a true post, not a power forward.

Reaction Score
The names on that list look right to me, though I don’t think I knew about Oldacre. A class of 3 would be best. Just need to get away from this pattern of only one recruit committing after bringing in a top ranking class. I would like to keep the Carolina girls in state, especially Cooper. So I hope for Cooper and any 2 forwards from Watkins, Barker or Nnaji.

Watkins plus Cooper makes sense. If you can add someone to that, then all the better.

It is hard to keep in your mind that with all the highly rated instate options in the next few classes that South Carolina might still have better options outside the state.

It will be very interesting to see how they approach things and how the roster ebbs and flows. The last class has fit in seamlessly. But no guarantee the incoming kids will have the same makeup.

I'll take my chances with them though.

Reaction Score
Maya Nnaji is going to be gooooooood. I was always impressed with her when I watched Paige's HS games....and she was only a sophomore.
OMG!!! Maya used that backboard more than Tim Duncan and Dominque Wilkins. Her pick and rolls to the basket as a high schooler was a thing of beauty with Paige. She also could finish with either hand.

Reaction Score
OMG!!! Maya used that backboard more than Tim Duncan and Dominque Wilkins. Her pick and rolls to the basket as a high schooler was a thing of beauty with Paige. She also could finish with either hand.
Offfensively, she is the best looking prospect on our list. I love her footwork when she gets the ball inside

Reaction Score
Russell
Johnson
Cooper
Fulwiley
Have to wonder if Dawn will be able to bring in 4 high school All Americans that play the same position, even if Russell and Cooper can play off the ball, Rivers will be getting the majority of her minutes at the 2.

Reaction Score
Russell
Johnson
Cooper
Fulwiley
Have to wonder if Dawn will be able to bring in 4 high school All Americans that play the same position, even if Russell and Cooper can play off the ball, Rivers will be getting the majority of her minutes at the 2.
I don’t see Cooper at the point at all. My biggest fear is that Raven will make a big splash at the point as a frosh and Fulwiley might look at being a backup for two years. Not that I don’t want Raven to make a big splash.

russell may be the one left out which is why there are transfer rumors. Completely unsubstantiated rumors at this point though.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I don’t see Cooper at the point at all. My biggest fear is that Raven will make a big splash at the point as a frosh and Fulwiley might look at being a backup for two years. Not that I don’t want Raven to make a big splash.

russell may be the one left out which is why there are transfer rumors. Completely unsubstantiated rumors at this point though.
Plus I think Rivers is 2/3 for us depending how we play..

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
It seems like our 1 and 2 are always point guards.. our last true SG at the two was probably Tiffany Mitchell and Kaela Davis. Correct me if I’m forgetting somebody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom