Gamecocks 2022-23: Part One | Page 22 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2022-23: Part One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I guess we now know the team that “ducked” us.. definitely one of our weaker schedules recently. Would've loved to see a NC school on the schedule.

It’ll be interesting to see how enthusiastic teams will be to play us next season.

Definitely interesting for sure cause I’m sure they’ll all be “willing” to play once the ‘19 class leaves.

Reaction Score
It’s kind of weak in my opinion, but Dawn said she couldn’t get anybody to agree to play them. Guess Oregon bailed.

Gamecocks probably can’t afford to drop more than one of those big three games.

Fortunately the SEC slate will be challenging and will prepare us well.

In comparison to what I've seen for non-conference schedules, it's one of the stronger ones out there.

Reaction Score
Will give the young players plenty of PT. Still can’t believe we couldn’t get Duke, UNC or NC State to play…I could be petty but I won’t. And don’t get me started on Oregon. He sure likes to talk.

Reaction Score
Dawn must really like the Dakotas.

Much easier schedule this season for sure. But our schedule is probably tougher than your school's schedule when it comes down to it.

I'm glad we will be able to get young players in. A freshman of with no experiences needs to play.

And I want to see Feagin more.

Reaction Score
Dawn must really like the Dakotas.

Much easier schedule this season for sure. But our schedule is probably tougher than your school's schedule when it comes down to it.

I'm glad we will be able to get young players in. A freshman of with no experiences needs to play.

And I want to see Feagin more.
Maybe. They've had competitive games against these South Dakota teams previously. Can't go wrong with good mid-major competition.

Reaction Score
I don’t know what it means.
Park Ave is an Marketing firm used by the NFL to help promote players, teams, and franchises. They will now use that energy to help Carolina athletes build their social media platforms, gain lucrative deals, as well exposure they didn’t have before. Being the first NCAA program to use them is huge and it’s showing recruits that SC is not only a great school for Academics and Athletics, but also somewhere they can make some good money doing both! This is next level, especially for Football, MBB, WBB, and W Soccer.

Reaction Score

that explains it a little more. It is a big, big deal.

Reaction Score

that explains it a little more. It is a big, big deal.

I mean we'll see.

USC is basically paying for this agency to hire five guys to provide pre-paid agent services out of Greenville for two years.

Whether that's going to move the needle who knows?

Reaction Score
I mean we'll see.

USC is basically paying for this agency to hire five guys to provide pre-paid agent services out of Greenville for two years.

Whether that's going to move the needle who knows?
I was thinking about this and believe that it will best serve Lamont Paris over the other coaches. The exclusivity gives him an appealing recruiting pitch for those "1 and done" players in the next cycle.

Reaction Score
I was thinking about this and believe that it will best serve Lamont Paris over the other coaches. The exclusivity gives him an appealing recruiting pitch for those "1 and done" players in the next cycle.
The $2.2 mil fee was actually paid for by donors. Why do you think MBB will be helped more than any other? What this will do is give any athlete that wants to use the service a Pro level agent to work with that won’t take a fee. The fee is being paid for by the University. It’s obviously going to help the stars more than others but women athletes are certainly benefiting from NIL.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Interesting that the BYU coach ran his mouth about SC last season, then retired. NOW they add them to their schedule :D

But anyway on Nov 7th it would be wonderful to see yall dog walk them

byu stunt.jpg

Will give the young players plenty of PT. Still can’t believe we couldn’t get Duke, UNC or NC State to play…I could be petty but I won’t. And don’t get me started on Oregon. He sure likes to talk.

When yall ready to re-up, we will be here. Believe that. (i don't speak for Coach Lawson or the Duke WBB Program)

Reaction Score
Interesting that the BYU coach ran his mouth about SC last season, then retired. NOW they add them to their schedule :D

But anyway on Nov 7th it would be wonderful to see yall dog walk them

View attachment 78753

When yall ready to re-up, we will be here. Believe that. (i don't speak for Coach Lawson or the Duke WBB Program)

Why do you think he retired?

Dawn said, "I'm your huckleberry."

Reaction Score
The $2.2 mil fee was actually paid for by donors. Why do you think MBB will be helped more than any other? What this will do is give any athlete that wants to use the service a Pro level agent to work with that won’t take a fee. The fee is being paid for by the University. It’s obviously going to help the stars more than others but women athletes are certainly benefiting from NIL.
I was focusing on the competitive advantage of being the exclusive partner for 2 years. Of course it will help all of our programs gain advantage in other ways too. The MBB team could use a boost. If GG Jackson turns into a success story, I believe that factor combined with our exclusive partnership could be the beginning of keeping the elite basketball prospects at the state university.

The women's basketball program is elite enough that this is just a bonus. We already have recruiting advantages in other areas. It may help sway the next once in a generation talent but otherwise there really isn't that much further up the ladder that we can recruit.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I do agree that BYU's officials should have reacted better and quicker; it's not the student athletes' fault, though. Cancelling a game hurts the student-athletes the most, IMO.

No offense to the South Carolina fans, but wasn't there a reason why NCAA championship events weren't allowed in the state of South Carolina for many years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom