Game Week - UConn vs. Temple (Senior Day - 11/24/18 @ 3:30p on ESPNU) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn vs. Temple (Senior Day - 11/24/18 @ 3:30p on ESPNU)

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Since we're talking about the academic admissions standards, I think it's about time that something is done about that finally.

We'll have a new president and I haven't heard this AD comment on the subject. But places like Stanford and Notre Dame seem okay from this standpoint, so why aren't we?

Reaction Score

If you take RE at his word this is Infuriating.
How does this school expect to compete under these circumstances.
UConn just doesn’t get it. We are in the most desperate times in our athletic existence and we can’t accept players that other schools can.

It’s a wrap folks. We may not cancel the program but we will forever suck with this mentality. Not history, a limited amount of dynamic players(that don’t come here) in the state, not a P5, ........etc. it’s over Johnny!!!!!!

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
If you take RE at his word this is Infuriating.
How does this school expect to compete under these circumstances.
UConn just doesn’t get it. We are in the most desperate times in our athletic existence and we can’t accept players that other schools can.

It’s a wrap folks. We may not cancel the program but we will forever suck with this mentality. Not history, a limited amount of dynamic players(that don’t come here) in the state, not a P5, ...etc. it’s over Johnny!!!!!!

What I don't understand is why this doesn't seem to affect the basketball team...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Updated w/ more player quotes.

“If you don’t want to be with us, leave,” Mensah said. “The guys who are going to be with us, they are going to stick with us and we are going to work hard. It is going to be tough, it is not going to be like this year. The workload is going to be tough, lifting is going to be tough. We are going to be on top of everybody and if you are not listening to what Coach Edsall [is saying], if you are not following what he wants you to do, there are going to be consequences.”

I did hear that there were some kids, even kids Edsall recruited, that weren't putting effort in from day one in August. Seems it was a real issue (the results on the field clearly evidence many problems). I'd be shocked if some underclassman don't shake out by May as part of this process. I sure hope Edsall doesnt head into game one next season with several unused scholarship slots again, although it seems likely given the churn ahead.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
What I don't understand is why this doesn't seem to affect the basketball team...
I've always had this exact thought everytime it's mentioned with FB recruiting. Would love someone to explain more on how basketball never has an issue but football does.

Reaction Score
I've always had this exact thought everytime it's mentioned with FB recruiting. Would love someone to explain more on how basketball never has an issue but football does.
I always thought basketball was easier to recruit because we have a solid program. FB is hard because kids need to be strong and fast to even be competitive in football. Plus you have more guys to recruit in FB. With loses the football team is enduring recruiting will get difficult. I always thought we should have got some JUCO in there so freshman could learn from them

Reaction Score
I always thought basketball was easier to recruit because we have a solid program. FB is hard because kids need to be strong and fast to even be competitive in football. Plus you have more guys to recruit in FB. With loses the football team is enduring recruiting will get difficult. I always thought we should have got some JUCO in there so freshman could learn from them

You missed the point of the conversation - the discussion is about academics.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
“If you don’t want to be with us, leave,” Mensah said. “The guys who are going to be with us, they are going to stick with us and we are going to work hard. It is going to be tough, it is not going to be like this year. The workload is going to be tough, lifting is going to be tough. We are going to be on top of everybody and if you are not listening to what Coach Edsall [is saying], if you are not following what he wants you to do, there are going to be consequences.”

I did hear that there were some kids, even kids Edsall recruited, that weren't putting effort in from day one in August. Seems it was a real issue (the results on the field clearly evidence many problems). I'd be shocked if some underclassman don't shake out by May as part of this process. I sure hope Edsall doesnt head into game one next season with several unused scholarship slots again, although it seems likely given the churn ahead.

Honestly, hearing Mensah say what he said is the most positive thing I've heard all day about UConn football. It really is. Especially since he's a key factor in any possibility of a rebuild here...

Reaction Score
Honestly, hearing Mensah say what he said is the most positive thing I've heard all day about UConn football. It really is. Especially since he's a key factor in any possibility of a rebuild here...
I agree with you and I know he has been doing his part. He is stronger and faster. He definitely is improved. He should be a captain for next year and get on people to improve

Reaction Score
Wesleyan is 1-0 against Michigan. The game ball, which helped Michigan grow the game in the midwest, is on display at the rink/gym.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Wesleyan is 1-0 against Michigan. The game ball, which helped Michigan grow the game in the midwest, is on display at the rink/gym.
Pretty sure Belichick was a freshman in that game. Didn't get any playing time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom