Game Week - UConn vs. Temple (Senior Day - 11/24/18 @ 3:30p on ESPNU) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn vs. Temple (Senior Day - 11/24/18 @ 3:30p on ESPNU)

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I’ll be there with my usual tailgating crew in Grey Lot. Deep frying our traditional post-thanksgiving day game turkey for this one! Honestly, really hard to get up for this game considering the numbing feeling most of us have regarding this team at 1-10, but it’s another chance for them to get better and build for the 2019 season. Hoping for everyone to stay heathly through it tomorrow and to try and pull out a miracle and beat a very, very good Temple team.
8B4715D6-6B84-4463-900D-8451CFEA354F.jpeg

Reaction Score
I’d love to see the kids at least get an FBS level win for all the hard work put in. i just don’t know how they get there. If they are getting punched in the face by halftime, RE better empty the benches and make sure every departing kid gets some time on he field. It’s the least he can do for the crap sandwich they’ve endured.

Reaction Score
Anyone catch the ECU vs Cincy game. Cincy at 9-2 looked like they had less in the stadium than the UConn Men's basketball game on Tuesday night. I'm ready to go for today!!

Reaction Score
Before I forget, who has the ambulance turned UConn tailgate Mecca mobile?

Reaction Score
Great getting made fun of by ESPN on College Game Day. I'm sure that'll help. "Maybe Danny Hurley or Geno Auriemma's teams can come help play defense."

Reaction Score
Before I forget, who has the ambulance turned UConn tailgate Mecca mobile?

It’s in the same general area of the Blue lot where it always is. It has a new owner.

Reaction Score
Edsall on senior quarterback David Pindell: "He loves football. That's one of the problems, we don't have enough guys that love football." JMO but this is a screwed up thing for a coach to say publicly. Playing FBS Football is incredibly demanding physically, emotionally, and mentally. Saying you don't have guys who love football, especially those who are busting their asses on a 1 win team is total BS. Other than their scholarship what is keeping them there if not their love of their team mates and the game?

Randy Edsall was asked about UConn's record-setting (in a bad way) D. He didn't deflect, but he did defend his decision to play freshmen. "The numbers are what they are. But if we didn't do what we did with all those freshmen, in my opinion, the numbers would have been worse." Again I'm calling BS. You're dead last in FBS in total defense. Worse? Statistically you can't be worse. A lot of the kids from last year's squad and a number of kids still on this year's team were a part of a defense under Diaco that was mediocre. Right now Uconn Fans would kill just to sniff mediocre. You're playing the freshmen because they're your guys. No shame in that Per se, as a lot of coaches do this, but why the need to throw the previous classes under the bus in this manner? It makes you understand why a recent former Husky called him out on social media.

I completely agreed with the decision to move on from Diaco. The guy was a total kook and in no way should have been representing a major university like Uconn. That said I'm not sure this is the culture change the program needed. Where's the accountability for Edsall? The guy parcels blame out to seemingly everyone but himself. If he doesn't show tangible improvement next year you have to question if his concept of program building still resonates nearly a decade removed from his greatest success.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

I like this, but i'm wondering when they announced it?

If it just got announced, it won't have the effect that it could have if it were announced a week ago or more...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom