Game Week - UConn v. Tulane (Senior Day) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn v. Tulane (Senior Day)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tactical.

you-keep-using-that-word.jpg

Reaction Score
Gavin Keefe ‏@GavinKeefe 27s 27 seconds ago
Diaco: "Recruiting continues to be very strong… We've got real depth at all levels now."

Neill Ostrout@NeillOstrout just now
Diaco when asked if he can pinpoint exactly what went wrong with offense: "I can. I'm not going to. There's no sense in piling on."

(Staff changes are coming in the next week is my read between the lines and observing body language)

Daily Campus Sports@dcsportsdept 1 min ago
OC David Corley will be evaluated after the season. "Not appropriate" to make a decision on his status right now.

Mike Anthony@ManthonyCourant just now
Bob Diaco on whether he is right guy to coach UConn: "I definitely am, but I’m not going to defend that. I don’t feel compelled to."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn Football@UConnFootball just now
#UConn HCBD on Obi: "I've coached some great secondary players, he is more physically gifted then any of them. He is a spectacular athlete."

Daily Campus Sports@dcsportsdept just now
Diaco speaking on Nazir Williams and Felton Blackwell's status now. Blackwell was dismissed from UConn, Williams was not, will be back soon

Ian Bethune@Ian_Bethune just now
Diaco - Blackwell was dismissed from school. Williams has a chance to redeem himself #UConn

Neill Ostrout@NeillOstrout 1 min ago
Suspended players update: Nazir Williams still on roster, could return next year. Felton Blackwell no longer UConn student.

Ian Bethune@Ian_Bethune just now
Diaco - will be working on Sunday. and coaches will get back together on Monday and get right to work on next season #UConn

Ed Daigneault@EdDaigneaultjust now
Kudos to Diaco for answering, or attempting to answer, some hard questions. Was likely a long 41 minutes for him.

Ed Daigneault@EdDaigneaultjust now
He did some dancing, but he's a coach. They all do that.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Year 4 is going to look like year 1 if we keep this guy. He just finished year 3 and is talking about starting from scratch with an offense and is saying that the defense that has been getting gashed all season long - is fine.

Don't let him fool you in person @huskymedic.

Guys like this are extremely persuasive.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Mike Anthony ‏@ManthonyCourant 34s34 seconds ago
Diaco: "Perception is reality. It is not the reality of our program that everything is a mess. Not true. It does seem like that though."

Does anyone think this sounds even remotely sane? Either Diaco's discombobulation is real and has reached (Greg) Robinsonian proportions, or he truly is Harold Hill and UConn is River City.

Reaction Score
In person? I'm sitting in my home office w/ a cup of coffee w/ Baileys.

All coaches are bullschlitters - he's just a bit more than others.

Yeah sure. And I'm a 400lb guy laying in bed. ;-) just messin.

Seriously though, the press corps has got to start seriously calling this guy's bluff. Makes me angry. Fool me once - shame on me. This guy isn't fooling me again, and shouldn't anyone.

He really said we don't have a problem stopping anybody.

He must really not look at the scoreboard or clock during games. I think he's imaging flying around the stadium in a superman costume most the time.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
My prediction: the staff will be replaced with the only possibly more blatant form of nepotism--his wife as OC, kids on the defense, and remaining family members will be position coaches.

Reaction Score
Spectacular athlete. Spectacular safety? Yeah, not so much.

Surprised you feel that way. He's big, fast, athletic, tough and smart. Sounds like a high end NFL draft pick visa vi Byron Jones. Interesting if he ends up starting next year, we might have three (Andrew Adams, Giants) UCONN db's in successive years starting on NFL teams. Add to them, Darius Butler, Colts, Dwayne Gratz, Jags and Tyvon Branch Raiders. Pretty impressive for UCONN.

Reaction Score
Yet a few weeks ago he went on and on for 10 minutes about why he doesn't understand he's being criticized for the conflict.

Doesn't mean people don't feed him info directly (which he has referenced).

Reaction Score
Surprised you feel that way. He's big, fast, athletic, tough and smart. Sounds like a high end NFL draft pick visa vi Byron Jones. Interesting if he ends up starting next year, we might have three (Andrew Adams, Giants) UCONN db's in successive years starting on NFL teams. Add to them, Darius Butler, Colts, Dwayne Gratz, Jags and Tyvon Branch Raiders. Pretty impressive for UCONN.
Obi had difficulty making plays on thrown balls throughout his career at UConn. He seem be a better athlete than a polish college player. You can see, however, why the coaches see a high upside to him. He has improved every year and developed into UConn's arguably best tackler. No one covered more territory than Obi or made more tackles on our defense this year. Further, those 2 interceptions in the Temple game were great plays and a further indication of his improvement. I thought he was our best defensive player this year. I do think he will play at the next level.

Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown