Game Week - UConn v. Holy Cross (Saturday 9/4/21 @ Noon on CBSSN) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn v. Holy Cross (Saturday 9/4/21 @ Noon on CBSSN)

Reaction Score
Welcome to 2021, almost every major venue is ticketless. I don’t know about google bc I don’t use android, but on an iPhone they just go into your wallet, which is an Apple preloaded app, that does not require anything other than clicking it open to access tickets. I have been using this method for years for flights.

I don’t understand why simplicity would have people’s panties in a bunch. Is it really that difficult to have an extra app on your phone? If this is enough to turn you off to uconn football, be prepared to never go to any ticketed event ever again bc this is now the status quo.

No man. This is clearly a cyberpunk dystopia

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Welcome to 2021, almost every major venue is ticketless. I don’t know about google bc I don’t use android, but on an iPhone they just go into your wallet, which is an Apple preloaded app, that does not require anything other than clicking it open to access tickets. I have been using this method for years for flights.

I don’t understand why simplicity would have people’s panties in a bunch. Is it really that difficult to have an extra app on your phone? If this is enough to turn you off to uconn football, be prepared to never go to any ticketed event ever again bc this is now the status quo.

Simplicity is just having a ticket. Again, let's see how smoothly this goes because I declined to put my credit card info into Google Pay. And again, let's see how simple it is to have my son return to his seat from a bathroom run or a snack run without the ability to show the usher his ticket, since it will be "virtually" with me on my phone.

If you like it, fine. But understand that there are people who don't. And understand that UConn is not currently in a position where they can turn off whatever few fans we have left...

Reaction Score
Simplicity is just having a ticket. Again, let's see how smoothly this goes because I declined to put my credit card info into Google Pay. And again, let's see how simple it is to have my son return to his seat from a bathroom run or a snack run without the ability to show the usher his ticket, since it will be "virtually" with me on my phone.

If you like it, fine. But understand that there are people who don't. And understand that UConn is not currently in a position where they can turn off whatever few fans we have left...
See how it goes then complain

Reaction Score

Again, this isn’t Uconn making a bold move it’s them conforming to an industry standard. You don’t have to like it, but it makes you an outlier. All the concerns about them not working at the gate, they can the QR code from your phone just like they would scan a ticket. It likely will be more efficient bc you can swipe and have them scan all tickets for everyone at once.

As far as your son getting food and coming back without tickets to show an usher, I haven’t seen an “usher” at the Rent since probably 2008, you really think this is going to be an issue? Really grasping for something to complain about on this one…

Reaction Score
If you have people in your group coming at different times or from different lots how do they get in when all the tickets are on your phone? I tried to transfer one ticket and the fan has to sign up with the UConn athletic ticket office. The transfer never went through and the fan does not wantto be signed up with the ticket office. Really stupid to not have the pa[per tickets or like 2 years ago when we could print them out at home and hand them out from my account. Plus I never wanted googlepay.

Reaction Score
If you have people in your group coming at different times or from different lots how do they get in when all the tickets are on your phone? I tried to transfer one ticket and the fan has to sign up with the UConn athletic ticket office. The transfer never went through and the fan does not wantto be signed up with the ticket office. Really stupid to not have the pa[per tickets or like 2 years ago when we could print them out at home and hand them out from my account. Plus I never wanted googlepay.
Sounds like all your peoples issue is with Google….and I transferred tickets with no issue. I simply entered their email address and it sent them an email they clicked accept on and a link was provided for tickets. I went to a Mets game last week and all these systems are the exact same. Since MLB is doing it too are you all not going to baseball games anymore either? Man, change really bothers people, even when it’s for the better.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Again, this isn’t Uconn making a bold move it’s them conforming to an industry standard. You don’t have to like it, but it makes you an outlier. All the concerns about them not working at the gate, they can the QR code from your phone just like they would scan a ticket. It likely will be more efficient bc you can swipe and have them scan all tickets for everyone at once.

As far as your son getting food and coming back without tickets to show an usher, I haven’t seen an “usher” at the Rent since probably 2008, you really think this is going to be an issue? Really grasping for something to complain about on this one…

If you think there haven't been ushers since 2008, then you're clearly not a season ticket holder and shouldn't comment...

Reaction Score
If you think there haven't been ushers since 2008, then you're clearly not a season ticket holder and shouldn't comment...
Been a season ticket holder since 2003. Staffing that is present aren’t “ushers”. Those people have walked you to your seat and wiped it off for you?

Reaction Score
And, is your concern your son isn’t going to be able to find his seat, or that the “usher” is not going to let him back to his seat?

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Been a season ticket holder since 2003. Staffing that is present aren’t “ushers”. Those people have walked you to your seat and wiped it off for you?

Oh good, a semantics argument. I don't care what word you want to use for the folks in yellow. They ask me and my kid to show our tickets all the time to get to our seats. Not sure why that's a tough concept for you.

I'm not the chronic complainer type. I'm the guy that thinks there's a chance to go undefeated even when nobody knows who our starting QB is. So when I'm complaining, folks should take that as a sign that a great many more are already complaining along with me...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
And, is your concern your son isn’t going to be able to find his seat, or that the “usher” is not going to let him back to his seat?

The latter...

Reaction Score
The latter...
And, realistically you think this is going to be an issue? I always kept my kids tickets with me after we entered, if asked he would simply point and show where I’m seated. They aren’t going to not let him back to his seat like he’s trying to cheat the system.
I have that same optimism about the team, and that’s the precise reason something like this wouldn’t make me declare I won’t be returning to the stadium, that’s a counter productive argument.

Reaction Score

Dan calling the ticket office to complain.

1630766399525.gif

Reaction Score
Oh good, a semantics argument. I don't care what word you want to use for the folks in yellow. They ask me and my kid to show our tickets all the time to get to our seats. Not sure why that's a tough concept for you.

I'm not the chronic complainer type. I'm the guy that thinks there's a chance to go undefeated even when nobody knows who our starting QB is. So when I'm complaining, folks should take that as a sign that a great many more are already complaining along with me...

This system is in use in most places. Haven’t seen or heard of any issues like this.

Reaction Score
Interesting. Does this mean Swenson is ok? It didn't look good when he was helped off the field. Is Watts ready?

Ian Swenson and Eric Watts are not able to go today per Crispino on pre-game show. Edsall did note that Watts was day to day and a game day decision earlier this week.

Reaction Score
Off the mark. The FANG companies are out of control and in need of strong regulation. Not sure you would understand why if I told you. UConn is doing this only because they have heard from P5 schools that this is the way to go. Everyone is doing it so get on board. Lets be clear, this does not benefit the consumer. They are trying to control the secondary market. It has zero to do with C19. Be their unwitting tool if you want. Not for me, however.
ZooCougar said:
I usually print my tickets on my fax machine after I download them from my AOL account.
-------------------------------

To elaborate one final point: the implied premise of the post just above is that there are a bunch of dinosaurs on this board who don't know anything about installing apps or conducting a routine search. That is BS.

I was doing distributed computational fluid dynamics on a PC host employing an advanced processing board in the 1980's, and when I started using the internet for more than just email, Netscape was the dominant browser and Lycos, AltaVista, and Webcrawler were the dominant search engines. Google had not yet been invented. And if I had at one time an aol account (which I never did) I would have long ago been shamed into getting rid of it. What I object to is having to install single purpose apps to listen to UConn FB and another to buy tickets to games. That has ZERO to do with C19.

Reaction Score
Ian Swenson and Eric Watts are not able to go today per Crispino on pre-game show. Edsall did note that Watts was day to day and a game day decision earlier this week.

Reaction Score
ZooCougar said:
I usually print my tickets on my fax machine after I download them from my AOL account.
-------------------------------

To elaborate one final point: the implied premise of the post just above is that there are a bunch of dinosaurs on this board who don't know anything about installing apps or conducting a routine search. That is BS.

I was doing distributed computational fluid dynamics on a PC host employing an advanced processing board in the 1980's, and when I started using the internet for more than just email, Netscape was the dominant browser and Lycos, AltaVista, and Webcrawler were the dominant search engines. Google had not yet been invented. And if I had at one time an aol account (which I never did) I would have long ago been shamed into getting rid of it. What I object to is having to install single purpose apps to listen to UConn FB and another to buy tickets to games. That has ZERO to do with C19.

You don’t have to install an app.

I would have replied earlier but the EarthLink number was busy.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score

u r not alone. far from it.

and, oh, i have an aol account from day one (amongst others) and a hardwired landline (amongst others) cuz, ya know, rocksteady platforms. heck, every one of my'uns, starting when they first leave the dorms to their own crib, has one, too. the cells got sketchy the other day in the big rain. some died as their phones didn't work. too bad they didn't have a backup plan for communications, like a landline, which always seems to work come heck or high water. folks also learned, the hard way, that generators don't usually work when they're under water. ya'd think everrone learned a lesson aboot generators in the fukashima disaster. i guess not.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom