Game Week - UConn v. ECU (Sunday 9/24/17 @ Noon on ESPNU) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn v. ECU (Sunday 9/24/17 @ Noon on ESPNU)

Reaction Score
*** Heads Up ***

>>New This Week - In an effort to enhance security, walk-through metal detectors will be in use at all stadium entrances. Fans should expect delays and longer lines due to the new procedure.<<

Good week for trial run based on expected crowd size I guess but...

Also from the UConn Game Day Central site:

PROMOTIONS:
  • Randy Edsall Bobblehead Giveaway
    • Bobbleheads will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis upon entry to all stadium gates beginning at 10:30 a.m. - while supplies last. Fans are encouraged to enter the stadium early. Ticket purchase does not guarantee a bobblehead.
  • Season Ticket Holder Gift Pickup
    • Season ticket holders that were eligible to receive a Jonathan the Husky dog bobblehead and have not yet picked theirs up, may do so at the Tailgate Guys set up located at Fan Fest near Gate D beginning at 9:00 a.m.
  • 50% Off Nike Fitted UConn Baseball Cap
    • Visit a Campus Customs merchandise stand inside the stadium to purchase.

Reaction Score

Another that will be real easy to root for w/ his attitude that was captured in full article:

>>I asked Edsall how many times he played a true freshman at offensive tackle. "Not a 261-pound tackle," Edsall said. "He is a competitor, what you look at is do they have the confidence in themselves to handle that situation. If I can look into a kid's eyes and tell if he's got that competitiveness, that want to go out there, know that he is not going to back down." Edsall said the plan was the use Van Demark on every third series and to him credit, it wasn't immediately evident that he had replaced Hopkins in the Virginia game. He most noteworthy moment came when he went about 20 yards down the field to throw a block on a screen pass to Arkeel Newsome.<<

>>Van Demark committed to UConn only a couple of weeks before Bob Diaco was fired which made for some anxious times. "The coaching change was pretty tough," Van Demark said. "When I heard that Edsall got rehired, I was pretty ecstatic coming from his rep and when I heard Coach Grimes was coming to UConn, that was like, 'OK, UConn is it, let's go.' Coach Edsall came down to the Hun School to meet me and once I met him I knew I wanted him to be my coach."<<

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Another that will be real easy to root for w/ his attitude that was captured in full article:

>>I asked Edsall how many times he played a true freshman at offensive tackle. "Not a 261-pound tackle," Edsall said. "He is a competitor, what you look at is do they have the confidence in themselves to handle that situation. If I can look into a kid's eyes and tell if he's got that competitiveness, that want to go out there, know that he is not going to back down." Edsall said the plan was the use Van Demark on every third series and to him credit, it wasn't immediately evident that he had replaced Hopkins in the Virginia game. He most noteworthy moment came when he went about 20 yards down the field to throw a block on a screen pass to Arkeel Newsome.<<

>>Van Demark committed to UConn only a couple of weeks before Bob Diaco was fired which made for some anxious times. "The coaching change was pretty tough," Van Demark said. "When I heard that Edsall got rehired, I was pretty ecstatic coming from his rep and when I heard Coach Grimes was coming to UConn, that was like, 'OK, UConn is it, let's go.' Coach Edsall came down to the Hun School to meet me and once I met him I knew I wanted him to be my coach."<<

Just rewatched the third quarter drive with Van Demark got in there. He did a great job.

Just makes you realize how stupid the Cummings philosophy has been where all lineman have to weigh 3bills to get on the field. Athletic lineman are more capable than heavy lineman. You can run around the heavy guys.

Last edited:

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Everyone should be seeing all these clues from the both coaching staff and depth chart and understand that the future is very bright indeed.

The adults are in charge of the show, and the show is already getting better...

Reaction Score
Just makes you realize how stupid the Cummings philosophy has been where all lineman have to weigh 3bills to get on the field. Athletic lineman are more capable than heavy lineman. You can run around the heavy guys.
What we were saying all last year.

Reaction Score
It doesn't say how many decker it is! I've seen my kid kill half a jar of each on "one PBJ".

Nice! Personally I leave off the J and add fluff and bananas. Wonder how many decks I can get ....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom