Game Week - UConn v. ECU (Sunday 9/24/17 @ Noon on ESPNU) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn v. ECU (Sunday 9/24/17 @ Noon on ESPNU)

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Doesn't Randy usually do a presser on tuesdays around 11 am? Is that pushed back because game is Sunday?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That logo should be at the 50. Or somewhere on the field.
When AD Dave asked for ideas for the field logo, I suggested putting the Jonathan logo (current version) at the center of the field with an outline of the state around it. Still like that but this would be a close second.

Reaction Score
It took a little convincing but my Pastor has given me permission to miss Sunday service because I told him I was sure Jesus would be in the huddle.

He had no advice on whether to take or give the points. ;)

Reaction Score
*** Heads Up ***

>>New This Week - In an effort to enhance security, walk-through metal detectors will be in use at all stadium entrances. Fans should expect delays and longer lines due to the new procedure.<<

Good week for trial run based on expected crowd size I guess but...

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Interesting development w/ Nick Zecchino being out again. He took the spring semester off for health reasons. Wishes for a quick/complete recovery.
That definitely stood out... hope he’s ok.

Reaction Score

UConn Depth Chart
UConn Game Notes for ECU

Depth Chart.jpg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Called Swenson would get a starting spot this year. Kid can ball
I hope so. We need a play maker at DB desperately. Hopefully he can blow things up against ECU.

I thought that this was the most interesting change.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Losing Zecchino stings. Looked like RE didn't have much trust in Keating last week, given that we didn't attempt an FG or an XP all game. Hoping things are okay there.

Reaction Score
Ed Daigneault‏ @EdDaigneault 1m1 minute ago
UConn-ECU on Sunday at the Rent. First Sunday home game since 1939.

Mike Anthony‏ @ManthonyCourant 50s 50 seconds ago
Last UConn-ECU meeting at the Rent, 2015: Arkeel Newsome had 179 yards and two touchdowns in a 31-17 UConn victory.

Ed Daigneault‏ @EdDaigneault 3m 3 minutes ago
UConn is 1-2 against ECU, including that abomination last year. Home team has won all 3 meetings.

Jim Fuller‏ @NHRJimFuller 7s 8 seconds ago
Freshmen Kevin Mensah, Brayden Brown make their debuts on #UConn two-deep chart, classmate Ian Swenson now a starter

Jim Fuller‏ @NHRJimFuller 1m1 minute ago
Darien's Brian Keating now listed as #UConn's long snapper, got his first crack at the job vs. Virginia, only had one snap on a punt

Jim Fuller‏ @NHRJimFuller 2m 2 minutes ago
#UConn last nationallly in passing yards allowed per game, East Carolina 2nd to last in passing efficiency defense

Jim Fuller‏ @NHRJimFuller 4m 4 minutes ago
#UConn ranks 125h, East Carolina 129th in total defense among 130 FBS programs

Mike Anthony‏ @ManthonyCourant 4s 5 seconds ago
Anthony Watkins not practicing yet. Could change, but Swenson starter at that DB spot, Garland back.

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 19s 19 seconds ago
S Anthony Watkins (concussion) didn't practice today. Edsall said Fr. Ian Swenson "did a pretty good job" against UVa.

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 19s 19 seconds ago
Edsall said Watkins is the only Husky likely to be out of action due to injury this week.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
ThisIsUConnCountry‏ @MattSchonvisky 7s 8 seconds ago
"They are starting to get & understand the level you have to practice at in order to win" #UConnFootball HC Randy Edsall

Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 9s9 seconds ago
Edsall on team's play: "There's been some good things and there's been some bad things."

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 21s 21 seconds ago
Edsall: “Have we improved since the season started? Yes, but very, very incrementally.”

ThisIsUConnCountry‏ @MattSchonvisky 29s29 seconds ago
"Errors we see in practice are carrying over to games. The effort & ability to finish plays needs to get a lot better." HCRE #UConnFootball

Ed Daigneault‏ @EdDaigneault 30s30 seconds ago
Edsall says he is a bit surprised at how much the Huskies have to learn in regard to learning how to prepare to win.

Ian Bethune‏ @Ian_Bethune 43s44 seconds ago
#UConn HCRE: today was a better Tuesday.

Ian Bethune‏ @Ian_Bethune 56s 57 seconds ago
#UConn HCRE: Everyday is a process and that process we are going through. If we can get the Jasper Howard mentality down, we'll get there.

Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 42s 43 seconds ago
Edsall: "I want to win every week. I want to win every day."

Ed Daigneault‏ @EdDaigneault 1m 1 minute ago
Edsall: "It's my job to eliminate excuses for failure."

Jim Fuller‏ @NHRJimFuller 58s 59 seconds ago
"We need to be a much more aware football team." #UConn's Randy Edsall

Ian Bethune‏ @Ian_Bethune 28s 29 seconds ago
#UConn HCRE: has changed up some of the practice with a few more walkthroughs. This won't take away from reps.

Reaction Score
Mike Anthony‏ @ManthonyCourant 38s38 seconds ago
Edsall: "I used to be very impatient guy. I think I've become more patient. You've still got to have urgency."

ThisIsUConnCountry‏ @MattSchonvisky 54s54 seconds ago
"I used to be very impatient, but age teaches you diff things. Patience & urgency are two diff things-Rome wasn't built in a day." Edsall

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 10s 10 seconds ago
Edsall: “Last week we blew the same coverage three times, all in conversion downs.”

Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 18s 19 seconds ago
Edsall said that they blew the same coverage three times on the first drive

Jim Fuller‏ @NHRJimFuller 4s5 seconds ago
Long snapper Nick Zecchino is back home in New Jersey dealing with health issue that #UConn coach Randy Edsall said he is concerned with

Ed Daigneault‏ @EdDaigneault 2m2 minutes ago
LS Nick Zecchino back home in Jersey with medical issue "that I'm worried about," Edsall said.

Ian Bethune‏ @Ian_Bethune 14s 14 seconds ago
#UConn HCRE: 10 True freshman played - guys were able to get on field. Biggest reason, they are the best players at their position.

Ian Bethune‏ @Ian_Bethune 42s42 seconds ago
#UConn HCRE: Eddie Hahn needs the reps right now. Beavers will be on the scout team and get his reps there. Hahn did well against Virginia.

Ian Bethune‏ @Ian_Bethune 29 s29 seconds ago
#UConn HCRE: Mensah has speed and explosion. could have been playing the whole time had he not been hurt.

Ian Bethune‏ @Ian_Bethune 44s 45 seconds ago
#UConn HCRE: we designed to have the QB run the ball vs Virginia. Richardson told Edsall that he should be able to get 100 yards

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom