Game Week - UConn v. Cincinnati | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn v. Cincinnati

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ed Daigneault@EdDaigneault 10 mins ago
Tuesdays with Bob, edition 6 from the Burton about to get going. Diaco previewing Cincy game, 11:30 am Saturday kick.

UConn Football@UConnFootball 2 mins ago
HCBD on the Houston game: "It was tale of two cities on defense. I thought the special teams played better." #UConnNation

Ian Bethune@Ian_Bethune 2 mins ago
Diaco - Brian Lemelle is better now at catching punts..Happy with kick coverage and Justin Wain.

Mike Anthony@ManthonyCourant 2 mins ago
Diaco on Houston loss: Tale of two cities on defense. Pleased with special teams. Offense was able to move ball then just lack of execution.

Mike Anthony@ManthonyCourant 1 min ago
Diaco: "[Houston] is a great team, but [42-14] is also not a representation of where we're at."

Reaction Score
Diaco: On defense in particular, I don't want to overreact.

Daily Campus Sports@dcsportsdept 1 min ago
Diaco said that he doesn't want to overreact on D re: number of points given up. He says strength of recent schedule has been a big factor

Neill Ostrout@NeillOstrout 1 min ago
Diaco: UConn's secondary played well (esp. Jamar Summers) last week and then “Greg Ward Jr. happens.”

Mike Anthony@ManthonyCourant just now
Diaco praises Jamar Summers, said he played well at Houston, just had two plays where lost eye discipline.

Gavin Keefe@GavinKeefe 1 min ago
Diaco said there was a moment in the second quarter when UConn defense cracked

Jim Fuller@NHRJimFuller just now
#UConn's Bob Diaco: "We are going to have some groiwng pains at the one safety position."

Daily Campus Sports@dcsportsdept 1 min ago
Diaco said that there will be "growing pains" at the safety position, but there is more pressure they can alleviate as they keep working

Ian Bethune@Ian_Bethune 1 min ago
Diaco - Cincinnati offense is a blend of a spread, no huddle (Syracuse). More like Houston and Virginia.

Jim Fuller@NHRJimFuller 1 min ago
#UConn's Bob Diaco said he is really impressed with Cincinnati's RBs, TEs, OL

Neill Ostrout@NeillOstrout 2 mins ago
Diaco: “(Cincinnati has) The best offensive line that the (UConn) defense will have faced.”

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ian Bethune@Ian_Bethune just now
Diaco - having only forced two turnovers this year. need to do more there. Big difference between '15 and '16

Neill Ostrout@NeillOstrout 9 mins ago
UConn had 25 takeaways in 2015. Only 2 so far in 2016. Diaco: "It’s a huge piece. We need to be more disruptive with the football.”

Patrick Eaton-Robb@peatonrobb1 min ago
Diaco on #UConn forcing only 2 turnovers this year... "It's huge."

UConn Football@UConnFootball 1 min ago
"We have really drilled down on that and addressed it on Sunday. We need to be more disruptive with the ball." - HCBD on creating turnovers

Reaction Score
Ian Bethune@Ian_Bethune just now
Diaco - Shirreffs' overthrows not his fault.

ThisIsUConnCountry@MattSchonvisky just now
"Bryant left a lot of production on the field on Friday night. That's on us, not on Bryant. We don't practice those enough. That's on me"

Diaco said Shirreffs left a lot of production on field at Houston but takes blame, saying UConn must practice better.

Jim Fuller@NHRJimFuller 1 min ago
#UConn's Bob Diaco: "I don't have an interest in seeing Bryant (Shirreffs) run and Arkeel (Newsome) not."

Ed Daigneault@EdDaigneault 1 min ago
Diaco says UConn needs to get Newsome the ball more. He has been saying that for a long time. Huskies have "underachieved" in that area,

ThisIsUConnCountry@MattSchonvisky 2 mins ago
"As the game tilts, we need to throw the ball down the field, we need chunk plays down 14 or 21 and the back is then de-emphasized" Diaco

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I love that the reporters are finally challenging Bob in the presser as to why certain things on the field are happening. This is the first time I've really seen Bob held accountable for decisions that have been made on the field

Reaction Score

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
He's trying to shield BS from too much criticism for not making the throws but jeeeeeez... don't practice it enough? Wow.

Also - re: takeaways- you can coach it to a certain extent but you better have a game plan ready to go that let's you win without them.

Reaction Score
Daily Campus Sports@dcsportsdept 2 mins ago
Diaco on team health: "At this point, we're healthier we've been in a long time." There are guys who are not field ready but are practicing.

Diaco - Team is healthier than they've been in a long time. Hopkins back, Rutherford, Vechery back. Not game ready but are practicing

Diaco - Our LB group is as a good as any group in the country. Junior Joseph leads that charge. Plays hard every down.

ThisIsUConnCountry@MattSchonvisky 2 mins ago
"Didn't expect his savviness in pass coverage, does a really nice job defending routes that usually victimize the Mike" Diaco on Joseph

Reaction Score
He's trying to shield BS from too much criticism for not making the throws.

That's all the quotes are meant to be... he's tried real hard not to be overly critical of him in all he says.

... also said play-calling has to be better.

Reaction Score
That's all the quotes are meant to be... he's tried real hard not to be overly critical of him in all he says.
Which I really respect and appreciate. I'm sure the players do too.

Reaction Score
Credit where credit is due, HCBD has been spot on in this presser

I thought this was his best presser this season yet. Hit on the deficiencies, took heat away from shirreffs (rightly or wrongly, in my opinion a coach should always stand up for his players and offer constructive criticism on the other side), and wasn't overly bubbly, enthused or defensive. Loved the acknowledgement of not getting arkeel the ball more. After watching Stanford get owned I felt better about our loss and especially knowing it shouldn't have been 42-14 (21 or 28 would have felt a lot better). On to Cincy!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
ThisIsUConnCountry@MattSchonvisky just now
Diaco expanding on field position being such critical piece in each gm, 'hindsight, would not have punted had we known touch back at the 38"

You don't need hindsight, Coach. The risk was not worth the reward during the game. You were moving the ball and had Houston sort of on their heels. Kick the ball 37.5 yards. Fine. Houston has to go 99.5 for a score. Maybe you get luck and get a tackle in the backfield for a safety but kick the ball just 18 inches further (what actually happened) and not only do you give up any potential points, you net an 18 yard punt, giving Houston the entire field with which to work.

Reaction Score
Tom Groeschen@TomGroeschen 2 mins ago
Tuberville says #UC QB Hayden Moore (ankle) probably will not play Saturday at UConn. Says Trail and Kiel will compete for job in practice

Tom Groeschen ‏@TomGroeschen 32m 32 minutes ago
#UC off. coordinator Zac Taylor makes the call on who starts at QB, Tuberville said. Head coach signs off on it, essentially

Tom Groeschen ‏@TomGroeschen 33m 33 minutes ago
#UC PK Andrew Gantz (leg muscle strain) again will not play this week, Tuberville said. Josh Pasley to kick #UC

Tom Groeschen ‏@TomGroeschen 33m 33 minutes ago
Tuberville on taking heat from fans: Says he could make a book of names he's been called over the years. Says he is going to be here at #UC

Tom Groeschen ‏@TomGroeschen 32m 32 minutes ago
'You can come after me all you want. It doesn't bother me. I've heard it all.' - Tuberville. Says he is more bothered when recruits hear it

Tom Groeschen ‏@TomGroeschen 26m 26 minutes ago
Tuberville says he does not hear all the criticism at games because he has on a headset. But people tell him about it later

Reaction Score
He's trying to shield BS from too much criticism for not making the throws but jeeeeeez... don't practice it enough? Wow.

Also - re: takeaways- you can coach it to a certain extent but you better have a game plan ready to go that let's you win without them.
There is no doubt deep throws arent practiced. Really believe its the truth nor sheilding
Bob is insistsnt on at least 12 plays to go down thr field

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Yes. I posted a pic of her on the game thread, but the Mods didn't approve.
She may be a candidate for "most beautiful woman you've ever seen in person." Thread.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
She may be a candidate for "most beautiful woman you've ever seen in person." Thread.

The picture I posted would suggest that that's not unreasonable.

Reaction Score
Jim Fuller ‏@NHRJimFuller 38m38 minutes ago
Highest #UConn reception total I could find thru 5 games was Glenn Antrum's 34 in '89, Mark Didio had 33 in '91. Noel Thomas has 46

Jim Fuller@NHRJimFuller 8 mins ago
Cincinnati defense has given up 26 pass completions of at least 20 yards, only Arizona State and Rice have surrendered more

Jim Fuller ‏@NHRJimFuller 7m7 minutes ago
#UConn tied for 125th out of 128 FBS teams with 2 takeaways, Cincinnati tied for 121st with 13 takeaways this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom