Game Week - UConn v. Cincinnati | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn v. Cincinnati

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
image.png

Reaction Score
Folks in Ct and New England, for that matter, March to the beat of a different drummer.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Potentially the best news for this game is that I'll be in New Orleans, so probably won't see it. If I do see it, there's a good chance I won't be sober enough to care.

P.S. I'm an optimist, and actually think the Huskies will win.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Especially with the current threat of rain... no one has white rain gear or white umbrellas. Good if you do? :confused:

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Significant chance of rain and they call for a "white out"?? White (wet) t-shirt content at halftime anyone?

Sad, but the stands are going to be blue, green, and yellow with rain jackets.

Reaction Score
Altavilla from AAC Coaches' Call: UConn's Bob Diaco On Houston Loss: 35 Minutes Good; 25 Minutes Horrible

Interesting Herman Comments:

Joseph Duarte@Joseph_Duarte 7 mins ago
Tom Herman says UConn “exposed” some things in UH pass defense that “we need to get fixed.”

Joseph Duarte@Joseph_Duarte 3 mins ago
Herman: Ward took a couple of ‘big-time hits’ vs.#UConn. Said staying in pocket taking hits isn’t something QB has done before in career

Noel Thomas made the secondary look awful in Houston. He was man among boys out there

Reaction Score
They should give out white towels at the gates if they want a white-out. Otherwise it will be the typical Skittles crowd like for every Blue-out.

I don't even own a white UConn shirt. Do you know how long it would take me to ruin it at a tailgate? Over/under is about 2.5 hours.

Especially with the current threat of rain... no one has white rain gear or white umbrellas. Good if you do? :confused:

Are we even allowed to have umbrellas in the stadium?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that 10% of the crowd will be in white. If it rains, I will be in my navy blue rain suit.

UConn fans don't do "(color) outs".

Reaction Score
I remember that USF game when they were top 10. It absolutely poured and the stadium was still full and loud. Miss those days. Also recall the LT "Fair catch" game in the rain. Pretty full there too. The glory days. We need to get fans in their seats! Starts with a better product and a more exciting style of play.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Even without rain October is the end of thsirt weather. I'm sure I could rummage up a white UConn tee. A sweatshirt? I mean, I have a gray UConn hoodie. IS THAT GOOD ENOUGH DAVID?!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
They should give out white towels at the gates if they want a white-out. Otherwise it will be the typical Skittles crowd like for every Blue-out.
Students should get something white at a minimum.

Reaction Score
I don't even own a white UConn shirt. Do you know how long it would take me to ruin it at a tailgate? Over/under is about 2.5 hours.

Are we even allowed to have umbrellas in the stadium?

They didn't use to allow umbrellas in the stadium, but last year I saw one, it was sunny out. At one of the games we went to at the Rent they would not let me in with an umbrella, so I threw it away rather than walk all the way back to the car.

This is a different year, so who knows.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that 10% of the crowd will be in white. If it rains, I will be in my navy blue rain suit.

UConn fans don't do "(color) outs".

Personally, I don't do it. To me, cheering is much more important than color coding sections. I'd get it if we were playing on a real TV network (sometimes it looks cool when you're watching on primetime and the crowd is a sea of one team color), but I'm not sure many will be tuning into CBS Sports Network :(

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That the marketing staff continues to attempt color outs is funny at this point.

That they would try one at 11:30 in the morning is hilarious.

I'd say try to get 25k in the stadium this week maybe leave the color outs for once you gave a color besides 'silver'.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Why the hell is this game at 11:30am? Why do TV networks force us to play road games at UConn in the mornings? I remember we've had a few 11am basketball games but only when they were at Connecticut.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
I'm wearing a blue raincoat. The rest of you can go suck it if you don't like it. :D

Don't judge me man. ;)
Given that this school AND NIKE sucks at merchandising the Huskies......there isn't one shirt, sweatshirt or jersey out on any rack that is WHITE nevermind one to fit my fat ass!!!!!!!!!!!
So, I will be wearing my BLUE jersey.
A white out. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. We can't even get most of the dopes to wear something with UConn or Connecticut on it...but yeah......let's go for a white out.
Idiots.
They prob cannot even get someone to sponsor a t-shirt giveaway either...so that's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom