Game Week - UConn @ UVA (9/16/17 @ Noon on ESPN2) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn @ UVA (9/16/17 @ Noon on ESPN2)

Reaction Score
Don't tell anyone we have tight ends - well maybe our coaches.
Hopefully sometime soon one of our coaches will realize that a 2TE look in which both can catch and/or block is really unique in the college game and could be advantageous to us

Reaction Score
Me and younger brother, 50 Yard Line 1st row seats, UConn side of course behind the bench. Also for those unfamiliar with UVA they have a nice outside pregame food, drink, usually good rockin' live band at the UVA Alumni Center. On Emmett St.(29), across from the tennis courts and Memorial Gym, UVA's first gym. Easy 20 minute walk to Scott Stadium. Always a local brewery there, sometimes whiskey distillery, $2 beers and local wines, full bar, $5 drinks, Anti-UConn buttons to wear after we win, $15 food ticket for local "Wayside Chicken Meals." Start serving alcohol about 9AM Saturday. Kids bouncy thing. All welcome. Good atomsphere.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Me and younger brother, 50 Yard Line 1st row seats, UConn side of course behind the bench. Also for those unfamiliar with UVA they have a nice outside pregame food, drink, usually good rockin' live band at the UVA Alumni Center. On Emmett St.(29), across from the tennis courts and Memorial Gym, UVA's first gym. Easy 20 minute walk to Scott Stadium. Always a local brewery there, sometimes whiskey distillery, $2 beers and local wines, full bar, $5 drinks, Anti-UConn buttons to wear after we win, $15 food ticket for local "Wayside Chicken Meals." Start serving alcohol about 9AM Saturday. Kids bouncy thing. All welcome. Good atomsphere.

Totally OT, but is your user name 'old and in the way' a reference to jerry garcias bluegrass band? Cuz they're awesome

Reaction Score
UVA has a pretty bad offense. If our defense can play not god awful, which, with Foley, Vontae, among others back, game should definately be winnable.

Foley has to sit out the first half because of the targeting penalty vs. HC. He was scheduled to sit it out vs. USF. Murphy did a good job in his absence. Don't know if anyone already stated this.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Foley has to sit out the first half because of the targeting penalty vs. HC. He was scheduled to sit it out vs. USF. Murphy did a good job in his absence. Don't know if anyone already stated this.
I thought we had come around to the conclusion that the first half of this game was not in jeopardy? Been a while so I forget.

Reaction Score
I thought we had come around to the conclusion that the first half of this game was not in jeopardy? Been a while so I forget.

Agree w/ Mike - not so sure about Fatukasi.

From a Fuller article:

>>It was reported that since Fatukasi was ejected for targeting that he has to sit out the first half. against South Florida. However, I don't know if that is the case. I found this entry from the NCAA in September of 2016 declaring that if a player is ejected in the first half, they do not have to miss any time in the next game. If the play happened in the second half, he would be required to miss the first half. Edsall confirmed that Fatukasi will be able to start against USF. <<

Unless something changed or Fuller/Edsall have it wrong.

Reaction Score
Do we think there'll be a noticeable UConn presence in Charlottesville?

Driving down from DC after work tonight

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I'm not sure that is correct. Meghan Bard on the A Dime Back podcast said that part of the penalty only applies if Targeting is assessed in the second half.

Unless the penalty changed that would imply that Targeting calls in the 1st half of games are worse than those called in the 2nd.

Reaction Score
Do we think there'll be a noticeable UConn presence in Charlottesville?

Driving down from DC after work tonight
Going down from Fairfax in AM. Brother & wife flying down from CT today. Any tailgate going on? Might do the Alumni Hall deal mentioned in another post. Parking at Health Services Garage. In sec 110 UVA section I assume.

Reaction Score
Agree w/ Mike - not so sure about Fatukasi.

From a Fuller article:

>>It was reported that since Fatukasi was ejected for targeting that he has to sit out the first half. against South Florida. However, I don't know if that is the case. I found this entry from the NCAA in September of 2016 declaring that if a player is ejected in the first half, they do not have to miss any time in the next game. If the play happened in the second half, he would be required to miss the first half. Edsall confirmed that Fatukasi will be able to start against USF. <<

Unless something changed or Fuller/Edsall have it wrong.

Thanks Medic, great news! See you can't always believe in everything you read. Fake News! LOL

Reaction Score

As I wrote to Medic, I happily stand corrected. I hate targeting penalties when we lose our guy but love them when I see the other team heading to the locker room! Great to hear that FF is starting!

Reaction Score
I'm not sure that is correct. Meghan Bard on the A Dime Back podcast said that part of the penalty only applies if Targeting is assessed in the second half.

Unless the penalty changed that would imply that Targeting calls in the 1st half of games are worse than those called in the 2nd.

You are correct. Thanks for being up on this. Great reason to keep up with things on the Yard!!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
You are correct. Thanks for being up on this. Great reason to keep up with things on the Yard!!
No problem. Sorry for the tripling down. I read your post and didn't realize it had already been addressed twice over.

Reaction Score
No problem. Sorry for the tripling down. I read your post and didn't realize it had already been addressed twice over.

15 Yard Penalty for piling on, LOL!

main-qimg-b78129b8287f362bb15e2c476bf4986a-c

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom