Game Week - UConn @ UVA (9/16/17 @ Noon on ESPN2) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn @ UVA (9/16/17 @ Noon on ESPN2)

Reaction Score
I don't think UVA is good enough to lay 8.5 to anyone.
You're correct....they are in search of an offense. Mendenhall is struggling now that he's not recruiting/coaching men who have been on missions.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I have a very good feeling about Saturday.

I caught this on UConnCountry dot com written by or very own @UConn07:

...“Defensively, we have to rely on focusing on the fundamentals and the techniques. One of the things is we did have some eye violations as well and once we started doing some of those things in the second half, we were better. In the first half, they were 4-for-11 on third downs, so they were able to extend some drives. In the second half, they were 0-for-6 on third down and 0-for-2 on fourth down, so that was the kind of the difference right there. We started playing a little bit better with our fundamentals and our techniques and guys were doing the things they needed to do.

It indicates the team, specifically the Linebackers, are making adjustments (Go figure that halftime adjustments might actually work), breaking old and bad habits, and starting to key in on the correct reads. According to the box score, the offense also held onto the ball for almost 16.5 minutes in the second half, which is pretty impressive considering the three scoring drives each took less than 2:30 of game time apiece.

Reaction Score

...“Defensively, we have to rely on focusing on the fundamentals and the techniques. One of the things is we did have some eye violations as well and once we started doing some of those things in the second half, we were better. In the first half, they were 4-for-11 on third downs, so they were able to extend some drives. In the second half, they were 0-for-6 on third down and 0-for-2 on fourth down, so that was the kind of the difference right there. We started playing a little bit better with our fundamentals and our techniques and guys were doing the things they needed to do.

It indicates the team, specifically the Linebackers, are making adjustments (Go figure that halftime adjustments might actually work), breaking old and bad habits, and starting to key in on the correct reads. According to the box score, the offense also held onto the ball for almost 16.5 minutes in the second half, which is pretty impressive considering the three scoring drives each took less than 2:30 of game time apiece.

Halftime adjustments? As a UConn football fan the past six years, I am unfamiliar with that term. Explain please.

Reaction Score
Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 48s 48 seconds ago
Edsall: “We would have loved to play, of course. But I thought we took really good advantage (of the time off)

Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 47s 48 seconds ago
Coach Edsall: "Going on road for first time this year and playing an AAC team presents a really good challenge to our guys."

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 15s 16 seconds ago
Edsall on possible reschedule of USF: “That’s something that David (Benedict) is working on. It’s great that he’s working on that."

Mike Anthony‏ @ManthonyCourant 32s33 seconds ago
Randy Edsall says he checked with all players on UConn from Fla and heard nothing out of ordinary re: their family, etc.

Ed Daigneault‏ @EdDaigneault 12s 13 seconds ago
Edsall says his house in Jacksonville weathered Irma well. "We had minimal damage, which I was thankful for." Families of players OK, too

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 25s 25 seconds ago
Edsall on QB-WR Donovan Williams: “A lot of it is just learning all the finer points of being a wide receiver. He’s a really good athlete.”

Mike Anthony‏ @ManthonyCourant 46s47 seconds ago
Edsall praises Diggs, says, "Matured, taken on leadership role. Tremendous worker. Playing fb and getting a degree is very imp to him."

Reaction Score
From the UConn Game Notes:

>>FIRST ONE OUT OF THE WAY - Many Huskies played their first game in a UConn uniform on Thursday night against Holy Cross. Darrian Beavers, Tre Bell, Brayden Brown, Garrison Burnett, Tyler Coyle, Cam DeGeorge, Keyion Dixon, Mason Donaldson, Omar Fortt, AJ Garson, Brett Graham, Eddie Hahn, Tajh Herring-Wilson, Nate Hopkins, David Pindell, Jay Rose, Quayvon Skanes, Santana Sterling, Jordan Swann, Ryan Van Demark all played in the season opener.<<

Reaction Score

Breaking old habits takes time. Glad you mentioned that. A large part of the game is mental. This game is a great opportunity for us.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
From the UConn Game Notes:

>>FIRST ONE OUT OF THE WAY - Many Huskies played their first game in a UConn uniform on Thursday night against Holy Cross. Darrian Beavers, Tre Bell, Brayden Brown, Garrison Burnett, Tyler Coyle, Cam DeGeorge, Keyion Dixon, Mason Donaldson, Omar Fortt, AJ Garson, Brett Graham, Eddie Hahn, Tajh Herring-Wilson, Nate Hopkins, David Pindell, Jay Rose, Quayvon Skanes, Santana Sterling, Jordan Swann, Ryan Van Demark all played in the season opener.<<

I think Jay Rose playing is the only shocker in that bunch. I think many here had him a lock for redshirt.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I think Jay Rose playing is the only shocker in that bunch. I think many here had him a lock for redshirt.
I don't think he gets a redshirt at this point and still able to play 4 full seasons, But then again, his bio indicates "Fr" with no "R" in front of it

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Is it still 5 years to play 4, with the clock starting when you enroll in classes?

If so, Rose already had a year in school. The fact that he didn't play means he doesn't have to sit a year for transferring but, he still used a year of eligibility.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't think he gets a redshirt at this point and still able to play 4 full seasons, But then again, his bio indicates "Fr" with no "R" in front of it

You can't determine who gets a redshirt until after the season is over.

Husky25

Reaction Score
You can't determine who gets a redshirt until after the season is over.
Yes. That's not what I was referring to. Did Rose attend Tunxis last year? Wouldn't that start his eligibility clock?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yes. That's not what I was referring to. Did Rose attend Tunxis last year? Wouldn't that start his eligibility clock?

Yes doesn't he have 4 to play 4 which makes him a freshman? He didn't technically redshirt last year he wasn't on a team?

So effectively he's the same as a RFr but the R won't be next to his class as he works through the seasons I think.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom