Game Week: UConn @ UMass (10/26/19 @ 3:30) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Game Week: UConn @ UMass (10/26/19 @ 3:30)

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
It looks like it is $12.50 a month if you sign up for an annual subscription. If you want to do it on a monthly basis, it is $19.99.
So....20 bucks to watch the game? Yeah...not sure about that.

Reaction Score
Randy Edsall unhappy with targeting call on Travis Jones; UConn defensive players out with injuries

>>Linebacker Ryan Gilmartin and safety Diamond Harrell will both miss time due to injuries, Edsall said Sunday.
Gilmartin has a high-ankle sprain, Edsall said, while Harrell has a pulled hamstring. Edsall did not offer a timetable for Gilmartin’s recovery but said Harrell will likely miss at least the next week.

Gilmartin, linebacker D.J. Morgan and cornerback Tahj Herring-Wilson all sat for Saturday’s game, while Harrell and fellow safety Tyler Coyle exited early and did not return. Edsall did not offer specific updates on other ailing Huskies. “We’ll just have to see how they respond,” Edsall said. “I don’t think they’ll be too long.”<<

I understand there also may be two more in possible concussion protocol.

Reaction Score
So I guess out of town folks are SOL....unless your provider has NESN...which Charter/Spectrum does not.

i actually really wanted to see this game because UConn might win...lol

Are you out of State Shaky? I have Charter and NESN is channel 28.

Reaction Score
UMass: Football Hosts Homecoming Against UConn On Saturday

Game 8Massachusetts vs. UConn
Date | TimeSat., Oct. 26 | 3:30 p.m.
LocationMcGuirk Alumni Stadium | Amherst, Mass. | Directions
Series HistoryMassachusetts leads, 37-34-2
Last: Massachusetts 22, UConn 17; Oct. 27, 2018
Game NotesMassachusetts | UConn | AAC
Live StatisticsSidearm Sports
Listen (Online)
Listen (Radio)
TuneIn Radio App
105.5 FM WEEI (Western Mass.), 95.9 FM WATD (South Shore) & 830 AM WCRN (Worcester)
Tickets866-UMASS-TIX | UMass Ticket Central | Mullins Center Box Office
Television
Live Stream
NESN
FloFootball.com
Team InformationMassachusetts | UConn
Twitter@UMassFootball | @UMassAthletics | @CoachWaltBell
InstagramUMass Football | UMass Athletics

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score

All whining about this does is make him seem like more of a dinosaur. It is what it is, let's hear how you connect with these kids despite the fact there they aren't the same as they were 20 years ago. We all get that coaching is easier if people never change.

Reaction Score
>>Krajewski practicing, QBs practice ‘down-the-chimney’ throws

Quarterback Steven Krajewski has returned to practice only three weeks after undergoing surgery to repair a fractured clavicle. The redshirt freshman suffered the injury during UConn’s loss to UCF, when he threw for 277 yards and three touchdowns after entering in the second quarter. The issue was initially projected to cost him six-to-eight weeks. Edsall said Krajewski does as much in practice as the doctors say he can.

Early in Tuesday’s practice, Huskies quarterbacks engaged in a drill apparently designed to teach them to put greater arc on their passes. The team’s four healthy QBs (Krajewski, Jack Zergiotis, Mike Beaudry and Miles Foerster) took turns attempting to land the ball in a tall plastic tube from about 40 yards away. Though none successful placed a pass in the cylinder, Zergiotis came closest, hitting the base of the target.

The drill was likely a response to Saturday’s loss to Houston, in which Zergiotis missed several open receivers in part because he threw the ball on a line, instead of arcing the ball into their hands.

“It’s definitely good to work on those throws,” Zergiotis said Tuesday. “I was kind of over-exaggerating a little with the height of it, but it’s something I’ve got to work on after last week’s game.”<<

Also an update on Oneil Robinson’s growth and progress.

Reaction Score
We win this game if we play to win. If we play Randy-ball, look out...
We would have won last week, even with "Randy-ball", if Jack Zergiotis had hit his open deep throws.

Reaction Score
We win this game if we play to win. If we play Randy-ball, look out...
I honestly don’t understand this. We threw the ball 44 times last week. It wasn’t like that was a game where we were way down and trying to play catch up. We ran a wildcat (which I hate for all teams but it was something Houston would have never seen on our tape). I get it’s not high tempo, but it’s certainly not the “three yards and a cloud of dust” people on this board claim. The only conflict I see is between the people who are mad when we run up the middle vs the people who are mad when we try to run outside because we do not have the speed.

Reaction Score
I honestly don’t understand this. We threw the ball 44 times last week. It wasn’t like that was a game where we were way down and trying to play catch up. We ran a wildcat (which I hate for all teams but it was something Houston would have never seen on our tape). I get it’s not high tempo, but it’s certainly not the “three yards and a cloud of dust” people on this board claim. The only conflict I see is between the people who are mad when we run up the middle vs the people who are mad when we try to run outside because we do not have the speed.
Give credit when due. Our OC and Randy had a good offensive game plan for the Houston game. If the players executed a little better we would have had a win.

Reaction Score
UMass gave up 385 rushing yards and 304 passing yards their last game to mighty LT. Their defense might be worst than UConn's 2018 defense. Mensah/Thompkins is going to tear it up. Zergiotis should be able to connect on a few bombs. Randy breaks the FBS losing streak. Good vibes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom