Game Week - UConn @ Temple (10/14/17 @ Noon on ESPNews) | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn @ Temple (10/14/17 @ Noon on ESPNews)

Reaction Score
Lashley has done a great job setting up big plays for the offense but I don't see us scoring more than maybe 24 against Temple, which as we know, will not be nearly enough if we continue to play defense the way we have. I hope Edsall and Crocker let loose the dogs this week and employ a much more aggressive defensive strategy, sending LBs and DBs from all over the field on most plays. If we need to rush 7 to get pressure then rush 7. We will need to win the turnover battle by at least +3 or more to have a chance and attacking the LOS and QB is the only way that's going to happen, IMO.

Reaction Score
Jim Fuller‏ @NHRJimFuller
Brayden Brown listed as a starting DB for #UConn, Tre Bell back as a starter. OG Cam DeGeorge, DT Foley Fatukasi on depth chart

Ed Daigneault‏ @EdDaigneault 2m 2 minutes ago
Tre Bell back in starting lineup according to depth chart along with first-time DB starter Brayden Brown.

Ed Daigneault‏ @EdDaigneault 1m 1 minute ago
Tahj Herring-Wilson not on two-deep this week for UConn.

Mike Anthony‏ @ManthonyCourant 57s 58 seconds ago
Brayden Brown, Omar Fortt, Jamar Summers, Marshe Terry and Tre Bell the DBs listed atop the latest UConn depth chart.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Jim Fuller‏ @NHRJimFuller
Brayden Brown listed as a starting DB for #UConn, Tre Bell back as a starter. OG Cam DeGeorge, DT Foley Fatukasi on depth chart

Ed Daigneault‏ @EdDaigneault 2m 2 minutes ago
Tre Bell back in starting lineup according to depth chart along with first-time DB starter Brayden Brown.

Ed Daigneault‏ @EdDaigneault 1m 1 minute ago
Tahj Herring-Wilson not on two-deep this week for UConn.

Mike Anthony‏ @ManthonyCourant 57s 58 seconds ago
Brayden Brown, Omar Fortt, Jamar Summers, Marshe Terry and Tre Bell the DBs listed atop the latest UConn depth chart.

I think Brayden Brown could have been a very nice offensive weapon. So now its time to see if it was the right decision to move this kid to defense. I'm looking at you coach Crocker. And Crocker has the same plans for Morrison (commit from NJ) who has displayed more offensive skills rather than defensive skills despite the plan to switch.

Reaction Score
Ed Daigneault‏ @EdDaigneault 15 s 16 seconds ago
DB Brice McAllister to have surgery on his hand tomorrow. Out for a few weeks. Herring-Wilson leg issue, out this week.

Mike Anthony‏ @ManthonyCourant 33s 33 seconds ago
Luke Magliozzi, punter from Australia, will redshirt. "Pretty much all the freshman you haven't see will be redshirted," edsall said.

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout
Edsall on frequent lineup changes: “Sometimes guys need a wake-up call. And sometimes guys aren’t good enough."

ThisIsUConnCountry‏ @MattSchonvisky 29s 30 seconds ago
"If you don't believe in yourself or have inner drive to push yourself, nobody is going to flip a switch for you." - Edsall #UConnFootball

Daily Campus Sports‏ @dcsportsdept 17s 18 seconds ago
Edsall: "I think you earn confidence...you earn confidence by knowing what you're doing and going out and doing it every day."

Reaction Score
Daily Campus Sports‏ @dcsportsdept 47s 47 seconds ago
Edsall on consistency: "There's guys that are getting better, but they gotta continue to get better...but I'm not gonna get into names."

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 50s 50 seconds ago
Edsall on practice: "I was disappointed today."

Jim Fuller‏ @NHRJimFuller 12s 13 seconds ago
Randy Edsall wasn't happy with how the team responded at today's practice #uconn

Mike Anthony‏ @ManthonyCourant
Edsall said practice didn't go well this morning. "If it's me and I just came off getting beat, somebody would be paying the price," he said

ThisIsUConnCountry‏ @MattSchonvisky 59s 60 seconds ago
Edsall was not satisfied with how #UConnFootball practiced today coming off loss on Fri. "How do you fix that? Recruiting."

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Brown was All-State DB his last two years@ Fort Hill ?
Really? I missed that completely. I thought he was recognized for his RB play. My bad.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
It's gonna be interesting to see how Bell responds to being back in the lineup. Hopefully, he shines and gets a good feeling going. We need a big response from the D this week. Imagine if they were able to give our offense the ball half of the game or more?? (currently 25 min / game for our O). The numbers say that we would be scoring 20% - 30% more per game if that were to happen, and the opponents would be scoring 30% less. That means a win against SMU and a win against ECU.

Let's hope the personnel changes and whatever adjustments the coaches make will put us back in business...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I have to give Randy credit here. No excuses. Just laying it out there and seeing if the team will respond. I'm not sure they will, but there is hope.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom