Game Week - UConn @ SMU (Saturday 9/30/2017 @ 4p ET on ESPNews) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn @ SMU (Saturday 9/30/2017 @ 4p ET on ESPNews)

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

I'm really happy for the kid (yes, he's a grown man, but I'm almost twice his age, so....."kid"). Not just because he's often criticized on the Boneyard, which he continues to be, but because he came back to help the team when he really had nothing else to gain. He also played the roll of backup with class. And he's done a fantastic job of leading this offense this year.

Kudos to Bryant. I hope he continues to have one hell of a year...

Reaction Score
I'm really happy for the kid (yes, he's a grown man, but I'm almost twice his age, so....."kid"). Not just because he's often criticized on the Boneyard, which he continues to be, but because he came back to help the team when he really had nothing else to gain. He also played the roll of backup with class. And he's done a fantastic job of leading this offense this year.

Kudos to Bryant. I hope he continues to have one hell of a year...

Bryant hit a deep throw, hope there are many more. There are a couple times a game he has held the ball 3 seconds and feels pressure starting which leads him to start to run but he runs right into a defensive player that an o lineman has sealed off. He needs to learn to throw the ball away instead of running into sacks.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Ranking teams by yardage and points with no context for schedule or pace might be what kills me.

Why don't we rank baseball players by batting average while we are at it.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Bryant hit a deep throw, hope there are many more. There are a couple times a game he has held the ball 3 seconds and feels pressure starting which leads him to start to run but he runs right into a defensive player that an o lineman has sealed off. He needs to learn to throw the ball away instead of running into sacks.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm going to absolve him of any criticism whatsoever. Here's why:

1) The OLine is young and is still not very good. They are only serviceable at this point, even if they are getting better.

2) Shirreffs is #4 in the nation in passing efficiency:
Passing Efficiency | FBS Football Statistics - NCAA.com

3) Shirreffs is #16 in the nation in passing yards per game:
Passing Yards Per Game | FBS Football Statistics - NCAA.com

If we have a human being that can work with only a serviceable OLine and put up numbers the way he has, then we have a high-performing QB. Outside of saying the obvious that he isn't Tom Brady, any criticism of the kid is pretty much unwarranted, especially this year. Look what having a good coaching staff can do for a player like him...

Reaction Score
Bryant has taken to Lashlee's offense and done really well. What a difference and true OC can make. Just want him to learn to throw it away and save himself the hits and us the field position. He is beyond tough with the hits he takes.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Bryant has taken to Lashlee's offense and done really well. What a difference and true OC can make. Just want him to learn to throw it away and save himself the hits and us the field position. He is beyond tough with the hits he takes.

I don't care what he does so long as he continues to produce in the fashion he is currently producing. I'll live with the flaws while he delivers the goods.

Great to see someone get "Un-Verducci'ed"...

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Tough game...
It was a fun game for 50 minutes. We're probably two years away from bowling. Or maybe we'll surprise everyone next year. But there's no doubt we've turned the corner.

I saw two projections for SMU today ... bowling against either Duke or Arizona State.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Ranking teams by yardage and points with no context for schedule or pace might be what kills me.

Why don't we rank baseball players by batting average while we are at it.
You think most people here don't know that? We are going to bask in whatever glory we can find.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You think most people here don't know that? We are going to bask in whatever glory we can find.

I am certain that most people here don't know that.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I am certain that most people here don't know that.
As the foremost gambler on the board, I expected an odds estimate in your response.

Whats's Good?! Our offensive coaches from last year would have had us ranked in the bottom 20 of 130 at this point.

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I as the foremost gambler on the board, I expected odds estimate in your response.

Whats's Good?! Our offensive coaches from last year would have had us ranked in the bottom 20 of 130 at this point.

I should have said many not most.

If they brought back Diaco they would have gone 0-12 and lost every game by double digits.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom