Game Week - UConn @ #22/23 UCF (9/28/19 @ 7p on ESPN2) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn @ #22/23 UCF (9/28/19 @ 7p on ESPN2)

Reaction Score
Nailed the lock of the week earlier Oklahoma -27

I think UCF wins 70-14 tonight.

Reaction Score
Welp... that answers that (for now):

Obviously Mike Beaudry has an injury that makes him unable to play anytime soon because he has UConn's only win and he is not even in the discussion which makes zero sense.

Reaction Score
>>We’re just not in that class of UCF right now’

Speaking on his weekly Sunday conference call, Edsall offered a succinct explanation for Saturday’s loss: “We’re just not in that class of UCF right now. Pure and simple."

Edsall said UConn’s most recent three games (vs. Illinois, at Indiana and at UCF) showed how far the Huskies’ program had to go.

“That’s just the facts," Edsall said. "I love the way they competed, I love the way they stayed in the game. We’re just playing a lot of young guys. We still have to get bigger and stronger, and we still have to add a little more weight.”

The coach noted several examples of UConn’s effort against UCF, including safety Tyler Coyle’s chasedown of a Knights ball-carrier after a long gain and a second quarter goal-line stand, when the Huskies forced UCF into a turnover on downs inside the UConn 5-yard line.

UConn’s issues defensively, particularly in the first half, manifested in explosive gains by speedy UCF players. The Knights had three plays of at least 70 yards before halftime, two of which went for touchdowns.
That, Edsall said, was less about Huskies mistakes and more about UCF talent.

“They’ve got playmakers," Edsall said. "We don’t have those type of guys yet. We’ve got young guys that once they get bigger and stronger will be able to do that.”<<

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom