Game Week - UConn @ #22/23 UCF (9/28/19 @ 7p on ESPN2) | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn @ #22/23 UCF (9/28/19 @ 7p on ESPN2)

Reaction Score
Hope is an amazing feeling. Hopeless feeling has the completely opposite effect.

This game will get ugly real quick.

Reaction Score
I don't know. I think UCF is semi-merciful, not wanting to risk injuries before conference play begins. UConn should cover the spread, whether 40, or 50, or 30 points.

Reaction Score
No one beats my Huskies by more than 13 field goals. These guys just don't get it, rather than watching the games they must be reading Whaler11 posts and getting all negative. Don't they realize the UConn QB has "IT".
Almost makes me want to give them a good ol' throat punch.

Reaction Score
Wow. 40!!! UCF starts a freshman QB. The odds makers don't even care about that in this game.

Reaction Score
Surprised it's not 50.
It will be by the half if we play like we did against Indiana. This might be comparable to Charlotte v. Ohio State. If we have everybody healthy and play well we just might beat the spread.

Reaction Score
The offense has to do it's part. Jack Z was off last game and he has to be more accurate. Our young receivers can make plays. The O-line has to stop sucking.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
42’ where you can actually bet it. also lol USF.

God I hope they lose this week. Makes for a great game on 10/5. Two teams that haven’t beat an FBS team in forever.

0A9E58CB-FC44-418B-8429-AC107A11F7AC.png

Reaction Score
On the bright side, for me, I'll miss this game entirely. I have tickets to the Mets game vs. the Braves that night and I'll be there instead of in front of my TV shaking my head in disappointment.

Reaction Score
" [B]Randy Edsall[/B]‏Verified account @[B]RandyEdsall[/B]

Back on the field today for ⁦@UConnFootball⁩ in preparation for UCF"

Hope HCRE2.0 can prepare them better than he did for the Indiana game, even though only have one week to prepare this time. Luckily our starting QB has "IT".

This game could be like the UCLA vs. Washington State game; for one of the teams anyway; unfortunately don't think that will be UConn. UConn is 125th (out of 130) in scoring offense @ 16.7 per game while UCF is #8 @ 47.3 per game.

Could a 42.5 underdog be overrated?

Reaction Score
UCF is unlikely to be half-stepping against UCONN after losing to Pitt. They might put up 60-70 points in another humiliating kick in the crotch for a UCONN team that is no longer competitive even in the AAC, the red-headed stepchild of college football conferences. UCONN as an Independent will be a real adventure, I'm looking forward to the October magic that only UMASS, Monmouth, and Stony Brook can bring to the storied UCONN football program. Too negative.

We'll always have South Bend.

Reaction Score
Gavin Keefe@GavinKeefe 4 mins ago
Another Tuesday in Storrs for UConn football coach Randy Edsall's weekly press conference. Huskies visit UCF on Saturday in their AAC opener.

Neill Ostrout @NeillOstrout 49s
Randy Edsall: “We’re pretty healthy this week. Expect to have everybody for the game.” Indicates LB D.J. Morgan, S Tyler Coyle, CB Tahj Herring-Wilson will play.

ThisIsUConnCountry @UConnSN
Edsall to the team: "We have to step up our game quite a bit this week, which we can do. This is the best team we have played so far this year." #UConnFootball

Edsall on run game: "It's about coming off the ball and having a will to be better than the guy across from you. It's all will and want to, fundamentals & technique." #UConnFootball

ThisIsUConnCountry @UConnSN 28s
Edsall indicates the change made during the Indiana game with Robert Holmes coming on for Cam DeGeorge at LG is how #UConnFootball will go moving forward; likes the push Holmes was able to get at the LOS when he came on

Ed Daigneault @EdDaigneault 34s
Edsall said the Huskies practiced in a heated up Shenkman to simulate what they will face in Orlando.

Alex Putterman @AlexPutterman
Randy Edsall says he asked Dan Orlovsky to call Jack Zergiotis and talk about what it's like to be a freshman quarterback. Edsall said he could have done a better job preparing Zergiotis, who seemed a little flustered.

Neill Ostrout @NeillOstrout
Edsall said he asked Dan Orlovsky to call UConn QB Jack Zergiotis about "what it's like to be a freshman quarterback" under Edsall.

"I'm not worried about Jack [Zergiotis], he's a competitor." - Edsall #UConnFootball

Ed Daigneault @EdDaigneault
Edsall says the Huskies have had discussions with UCF, and other AAC schools, about continuing series.

Gavin Keefe @GavinKeefe 1m
Edsall on playing AAC programs in the future: "We’ve had discussions with UCF. And there are some teams from the AAC we still want to play because it makes sense what we want to do from a recruiting standpoint."

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Let there be no doubt that beer has no place being drank in a game like this. The quickness and severity of the beating demands neat or on the rocks.
Hahaha, drinking something neat would not end well for me if the game is going badly. I'm better off with beer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom