Game Week 2022 - UConn @ FIU Panthers (Saturday 10/8/22 @ 7p on ESPN3) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Game Week 2022 - UConn @ FIU Panthers (Saturday 10/8/22 @ 7p on ESPN3)

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I forgot what it was like to watch a game and absolutely expect them to win. I know it wasn’t easy, but this team is really learning what it takes to do it. The coaching staff has been amazing at figuring out what will work with our personnel and not being afraid to take some chances. It was a fun watch overall.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Yes, first TCoB win against an FBS team in quite a while. I don't think we played better than last week but we didn't necessarily regress. Given this second round of injuries, that's not a small thing.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
No one associated with UConn can think like that. Not the staff, fans, or players. Better to put those thoughts out of mind until after next season.
Wrong. They must believe in themselves now.

Reaction Score
Wrong. They must believe in themselves now.
Woof woof woof. They beat a team fighting with UMass and New Mexico State for the title of worst team in the nation. Getting gashed by huge gains several times in the process, the FIU write up was on the mark. FIU spit the bit when it had the Huskies where they wanted them on multiple occasions. Very ugly win, pretty much gifted to them

The good news is that there is a week to clean things up. And there should be NO incentive at ALL to lose focus this week. If they play like that next Saturday they will get hammered. And then there is the little matter of getting to 0.500, needing only two more W's to ....

It does feel good for them to be at three and four. I am sure they want more.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Woof woof woof. They beat a team fighting with UMass and New Mexico State for the title of worst team in the nation. Getting gashed by huge gains several times in the process, the FIU write up was on the mark. FIU spit the bit when it had the Huskies where they wanted them on multiple occasions. Very ugly win, pretty much gifted to them

The good news is that there is a week to clean things up. And there should be NO incentive at ALL to lose focus this week. If they play like that next Saturday they will get hammered. And then there is the little matter of getting to 0.500, needing only two more W's to ....

I love when people, who claim to be UConn fans by the way, watch a 1-11 team switch coaches and much of their roster, lose the majority of their skill players to injury, play freshmen all over the field, and then talk about how we were "gifted" a 21-point win in the road.

If this is how you think, then you really haven't been paying attention to much of anything for the last few years...

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

I don’t get this. First of all, UConn can only play the teams on their schedule. That those teams are awful this year is out of the Huskies’ control. Second, UConn upset a team that beat them 45-0 last year. There is clear and obvious improvement over last season. Third, UConn is beating the teams that they’re supposed to beat, by a bigger than imagined margin. When was the last time that happened? These are good things, btw. And they’re happening with key players sidelined.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don’t get this.
I do. There is whole slew of folks out there that get bothered when fans of non-elite teams celebrate their wins. They seem compelled to try and deligitify them. I thinks it's an emotional defect. You see it all the time.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Woof woof woof. They beat a team fighting with UMass and New Mexico State for the title of worst team in the nation.
i believe the proper takeaway is: "We're no longer that team."

Reaction Score
I do. There is whole slew of folks out there that get bothered when fans of non-elite teams celebrate their wins. They seem compelled to try and deligitify them. I thinks it's an emotional defect. You see it all the time.
I believe HuskyNan was referring to me. And I have been a fan of UConn sports for a long time including hockey in the Eero Saarinen Roof D-3 days from the era of all three Krygiers. The posts are still out there in the HOCKEY-L archives if you care to look. Believe me, I was the only one posting about UConn for decades. If ever there was a non-elite team, the pre Hockey East UConn Hockey team would be it.

This is just a reflection of the dichotomy on this board. The analysts are happy this morning, but not all gaga about the fact that UConn beat a team they should have beaten despite a bunch of glaring mistakes topped by their opponent. Sorry to disrupt the flow of endorphins to that other faction. I will try to do better next time.

Reaction Score

Agreed on the ugly game for sure. Definitely felt like last week we executed way way better and were a bit lucky to get away with this one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom