Game Week 2022 - UConn @ Ball State Cardinals (Saturday 10/15/22 @ 2p on ESPN3) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Game Week 2022 - UConn @ Ball State Cardinals (Saturday 10/15/22 @ 2p on ESPN3)

Reaction Score
Need a huge defensive effort and a little good fortune in the passing game.

I think it will be very important for Zion to run a little more this game to make up for losing our speed at RB. Zion clearly is a good runner and he has probably been held back intentionally for fear of injury, but because this game is so important and seemingly winnable I would expect Zion to be unleashed.

Reaction Score
Pound the rock early and we will take a couple of long runs to the bank. Then we will be able to throw mid-range passes to clinch the victory.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Surprisingly little talk about the game itself. Yes, I know it's Ball U and it's barely on television, but this is probably the most important game we've had since Houston in 2015.

I would be fairly confident, despite the spread, if Houston were healthy. Rosa is obviously athletic, and might end up being really really good, but I don't think he finds holes as quickly or with enough certainty as any of the injured TBs do. And Burns has been solid, but is not explosive with quickness or speed. Add to that Ball State is at home, and has more experience winning 50/50 games than we do.

All that having been said, I do think the game is still winnable but it will take some combination of (i) our OL so utterly destroying their front 7 that anyone could run through the holes; (ii) getting over 150 yards from the passing game; and (iii) a defensive effort along the lines of Fresno where we can win the game with 17 or 20 points. I think any of those goals might be accomplished, but I can't say I'm certain about any of them.
I am quite a bit more bullish on this game than I was two weeks ago.

Reaction Score
Surprisingly little talk about the game itself. Yes, I know it's Ball U and it's barely on television, but this is probably the most important game we've had since Houston in 2015.

I would be fairly confident, despite the spread, if Houston were healthy. Rosa is obviously athletic, and might end up being really really good, but I don't think he finds holes as quickly or with enough certainty as any of the injured TBs do. And Burns has been solid, but is not explosive with quickness or speed. Add to that Ball State is at home, and has more experience winning 50/50 games than we do.

All that having been said, I do think the game is still winnable but it will take some combination of (i) our OL so utterly destroying their front 7 that anyone could run through the holes; (ii) getting over 150 yards from the passing game; and (iii) a defensive effort along the lines of Fresno where we can win the game with 17 or 20 points. I think any of those goals might be accomplished, but I can't say I'm certain about any of them.
That is almost word for word what I said to somebody today. On Rosa, I think he will be really good as his career goes on. He is solid now but he isn’t as confident as our other running backs and doesn’t hit the hole as quickly or more with as much confidence. If he gets through he is a bear to tackle though. W is a freshman and at times he thinks too much!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I think it will be very important for Zion to run a little more this game to make up for losing our speed at RB. Zion clearly is a good runner and he has probably been held back intentionally for fear of injury, but because this game is so important and seemingly winnable I would expect Zion to be unleashed.

And if he gets hurt? I have seen nothing that indicates he's a threat as a runner above and beyond your average dual threat QB by enough to make it a deliberate part of the gameplan.

I'd rather he prepare to get rid of the ball a bit quicker.

Reaction Score
And if he gets hurt? I have seen nothing that indicates he's a threat as a runner above and beyond your average dual threat QB by enough to make it a deliberate part of the gameplan.

by definition a dual threat QB makes QB rushing a deliberate part of the gameplan so you are contradicting yourself. We had designed runs for Krajewski last year, I think Zion can handle it.

Reaction Score

We can use Millen also. Maybe we more sets with ZT and Millen. It does create problems for the other team.

Reaction Score

I'd rather he prepare to get rid of the ball a bit quicker.

It’s football and you play to win.

Reaction Score
The boy in the bubble is going to have use his legs and arms a little bit more today.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
by definition a dual threat QB makes QB rushing a deliberate part of the gameplan so you are contradicting yourself. We had designed runs for Krajewski last year, I think Zion can handle it.

I didn't say he was a dual threat. If fact, I think he isn't. He's a mobile pocket passer who hasn'r shown he can pass. It's incredible how low the bar has become for people. Yes, he's a true freshman. Yes, it's clear he isn't ready to be a factor on the team ranked 110th. Yes, he could get better over time, a lot better, but this just isn't good enough unless you just want to beat other teams ranked over 100.

This season's schedule has been a gift. I'd hate to blow it because we can't credibly pass the ball.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'you cannot play this game at anything less than full speed, 100% aggression, you have to be violent, you have to go after people,” Mora said. “That’s the only way you can play.'

instant classic. now, im going over to the 'quotes' thread and slapping this bad boy up there.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'you cannot play this game at anything less than full speed, 100% aggression, you have to be violent, you have to go after people,” Mora said. “That’s the only way you can play.'

instant classic. now, im going over to the 'quotes' thread and slapping this bad boy up there.
why not us?

wave your head and whip ur hair around. mora is here.

let's go!

Reaction Score

Alternate access link here <<

-> "This was severely disappointing," UConn coach Jim Mora said. "This is the most disappointing loss of the year. We had a chance to go 4-4, get to .500 at the bye, and we didn't get it done. There are a lot of guys hurting in that locker room." <-

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom