Game Week 2022 - UConn @ Ball State Cardinals (Saturday 10/15/22 @ 2p on ESPN3) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Game Week 2022 - UConn @ Ball State Cardinals (Saturday 10/15/22 @ 2p on ESPN3)

Reaction Score

Alternate access link here <<<

-> “Our confidence is high, we are going to make holes for the running backs regardless,” Haynes said. “We want to be the best, so anybody we put back there we are going to try and get them 100-plus yards.” <-

-> “Our connection, the way we work hard together every day (has improved this year),” Haynes said. “We have better practice habits and communication on the field.”

Said Mora, “I have been impressed with (the pass blocking). As a group we have protected well, although we have had a couple ugly plays. But I think it has been good, you are always trying to get better.” <-

Reaction Score

Alternate access link here <<<

-> “They’re running backs, man, you’ve got to run. You got 11 people trying to hit you on every play. I think the minute you start talking to players about protecting themselves, you put that little bug in their ear, that little seed in their mind – you cannot play this game at anything less than full speed, 100% aggression, you have to be violent, you have to go after people,” Mora said. “That’s the only way you can play. If you start curling up in a ball trying to protect yourself, then you get hurt. So we’re gonna try to play with as much violence, aggression and passion as we can.” <-

-> No timeline has been provided for Houston’s recovery. “We all already know he’s a tough dude,” Mora said. “As quickly as he can get back, he’ll get back. And he’ll get right back in there.” <-

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Tell me you don't want to redo a printed depth chart without telling me you don want to redo a printed depth chart.
Actually, I'd say it's: "Tell me the 2-deep doesn't matter, without telling me the 2-deep doesn't matter."

Reaction Score
Don't fight what ain't broke.
All white again on Saturday against Ball State.
FIU, past history except for the cancer ribbons.

Ball State, 2 programs chasing more respect.

Fight, fight Connecticut. It's vict'ry. Let's go. Go Huskies, beat Ball State.

Reaction Score
I didn't know that. Although I just checked a couple NFL teams and they use the old format. Maybe they should just go metric. ;)

I don't see this new-fangled format anywhere else.
I can't tell you how long it took me to figure that out. So I was right there with you for a long time.

Reaction Score
Surprisingly little talk about the game itself. Yes, I know it's Ball U and it's barely on television, but this is probably the most important game we've had since Houston in 2015.

I would be fairly confident, despite the spread, if Houston were healthy. Rosa is obviously athletic, and might end up being really really good, but I don't think he finds holes as quickly or with enough certainty as any of the injured TBs do. And Burns has been solid, but is not explosive with quickness or speed. Add to that Ball State is at home, and has more experience winning 50/50 games than we do.

All that having been said, I do think the game is still winnable but it will take some combination of (i) our OL so utterly destroying their front 7 that anyone could run through the holes; (ii) getting over 150 yards from the passing game; and (iii) a defensive effort along the lines of Fresno where we can win the game with 17 or 20 points. I think any of those goals might be accomplished, but I can't say I'm certain about any of them.

Reaction Score
Surprisingly little talk about the game itself. Yes, I know it's Ball U and it's barely on television, but this is probably the most important game we've had since Houston in 2015.

I would be fairly confident, despite the spread, if Houston were healthy. Rosa is obviously athletic, and might end up being really really good, but I don't think he finds holes as quickly or with enough certainty as any of the injured TBs do. And Burns has been solid, but is not explosive with quickness or speed. Add to that Ball State is at home, and has more experience winning 50/50 games than we do.

All that having been said, I do think the game is still winnable but it will take some combination of (i) our OL so utterly destroying their front 7 that anyone could run through the holes; (ii) getting over 150 yards from the passing game; and (iii) a defensive effort along the lines of Fresno where we can win the game with 17 or 20 points. I think any of those goals might be accomplished, but I can't say I'm certain about any of them.
This ^^ and we cannot lose the turnover battle. We aren’t good enough to overcome mistakes with as depleted as we are.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Need a huge defensive effort and a little good fortune in the passing game.

Reaction Score

You hear next man up all the time, but I think this team truly believes it and they won‘t let injuries get them down. How deep is the running back position! I would not mind seeing Stafford in a short yardage situation though, it could be fun.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom