Game Week 2022 - UConn @ #12 North Carolina State (9/24/22 @ 7:30pm on ACC RSN, NESN+, YES & WatchESPN) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Game Week 2022 - UConn @ #12 North Carolina State (9/24/22 @ 7:30pm on ACC RSN, NESN+, YES & WatchESPN)

Reaction Score
I'm liking this JM hire more and more... simply because of his passion for the program that he shares not only with the team, but with the fans as well. And, the fact that you can tell he doesn't like to lose. Sure the digs at Edsall 2.0 and Spanos are obvious indications, but the fact that he shows how PO'd he gets (on the sidelines... that energy... love it!) then, he's got enough in him to speak without getting like his dad in front of the mic (Playoffs?!?!? Playoffs???? you get my drift) after losing ... He has enough in him to dial it back a bit, but keeping that passion as well...
He believes we can get good sooner .. it's gonna be interesting to see how we finish out this year... The Husky Revolution is in full effect...
I am with you on this. I like how Mora said that he was disappointed but not discouraged.

This was his response about doing things the right way during the press conference yesterday. When the reported asked him the question, he first said "that's a good question. Can you give me a second to answer?" He took no more than a second and then was very thoughtful with his response. Here it is:

For Mora, the “right way” starts with creating a culture and sticking to it.

“You commit to a way of doing things – not necessarily offense, defense, special teams – but a way the building operates. The level of the standard you set for everything that you do with regard to everybody that touches your program, and you never, ever, ever, one time compromise that standard,” Mora said. “It means that your attitude, your work ethic, your approach, your commitment is never influenced by anything other than trying to be best. You cannot ever be influenced by circumstance – circumstances don’t matter. That’s what losers do; losers let their circumstances dictate their effort and their attitude, winners don’t.”

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I like the kid's attitude. He needs to get better and we aren't winning this game anyway. Take the cuffs off and let him try to find the limits of good judgement.

The play calling wasted the opportunities in the Michigan game.

Embrace the suck.

His perspective of saying he knew it would be hard and he still came here is nice to hear. Seeing some on field improvement will be nice to see.

Reaction Score
I am with you on this. I like how Mora said that he was disappointed but not discouraged.

This was his response about doing things the right way during the press conference yesterday. When the reported asked him the question, he first said "that's a good question. Can you give me a second to answer?" He took no more than a second and then was very thoughtful with his response. Here it is:

For Mora, the “right way” starts with creating a culture and sticking to it.

“You commit to a way of doing things – not necessarily offense, defense, special teams – but a way the building operates. The level of the standard you set for everything that you do with regard to everybody that touches your program, and you never, ever, ever, one time compromise that standard,” Mora said. “It means that your attitude, your work ethic, your approach, your commitment is never influenced by anything other than trying to be best. You cannot ever be influenced by circumstance – circumstances don’t matter. That’s what losers do; losers let their circumstances dictate their effort and their attitude, winners don’t.”
Don't know about anybody else, but I like this kinda culture shock a little better than the past decade

Reaction Score
What happened to Fitzgerald? Maybe I missed it, but wasn’t he on the 2 deep for this weekend?

Reaction Score
I don’t bet much, but I’m taking the points hard (think small Mercedes hard).

So Sunday will either be Cristal and eggs Benedict or Thunderbird and Ramen.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Prediction:

NC State 59, UConn 14: The Wolfpack offense will be out to prove a point in their final non-conference test before traveling to Clemson next week. The Huskies' young offense will be in for a long night against a feisty NC State defense.

Reaction Score
One thing I'd like to see us do well, regardless of the score, is show improving tackling ability... week in and week out... If we do that we'll see a much better team in the 2nd half of the season, which is a little more favorable for us...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom