Game Time decision: Chat Room or Game Thread | The Boneyard

Game Time decision: Chat Room or Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know Tom wanted feedback on the chat room the other day, but I know some here still use the game thread. Just curious, is it a personal preference or are there advantages to one vs the other? I will do the chat room again tonight as its tablet/mobile friendly and also gives me a real-time idea if others are seeing what I'm seeing.

What are you guys (who post and watch) using tonight?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I find a chat room to be clearly superior than a game thread. Do we ever get "Fort The Ead!" in a game thread? I think not.

Absolutely. Chat room allows for more spontaneous comments and then poof it's gone.

And that's way better than the bullshit filters on the regular board.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Absolutely. Chat room allows for more spontaneous comments and then poof it's gone.

And that's way ing better than the bull filters on the regular board.
Agreed. the whole minute delay in posting the next comment is a drag in the game thread. Enjoy the chat much more. Plus, since the chat won't be on the board forever, it's a little easier to be blunt and not worry that everyone will dump on you for weeks to come...

Reaction Score
I can't "like" anyone's comment in the Chat :p. I prefer Thread for some reason.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I enjoy the chat and will be trying the new chat program tonight for first time. To experience chat at its best, we need to get Fishy and Gurleyman to join together for some games.... it can take on a stream of consciousness comedy-fest.

For some it might be hard to pay attention to chat and the game at the same time...can take a little practice.

Reaction Score
Chat. The game thread just doesn't offer the real-time feedback.

A chat feels like you're watching a game with your buddies, minus the audible swearing and high-fives.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I know Tom wanted feedback on the chat room the other day, but I know some here still use the game thread. Just curious, is it a personal preference or are there advantages to one vs the other? I will do the chat room again tonight as its tablet/mobile friendly and also gives me a real-time idea if others are seeing what I'm seeing.

What are you guys (who post and watch) using tonight?
This is like asking how would you like to communicate - Semaphore or Telephone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom