Game thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Did anyone else catch Geno teasing Stewie before the first reporter asks a question? "Those three rebounds you got were huge."
At first I thought he was serious, so I was trying to think what three huge Stewie rebounds. Then I realized what Geno meant.

Reaction Score
At least Jose and Courtney know the names of our players. I guess they should after the second meeting in a week, but there wasn't any "#4 played incredible defense" or "#33 is a great shooter" type comments.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
He said she plays better when pushed and he'd rather have her than 99% of the players in the country.
Damning with faint praise! 350 D1 programs, and average of 12 players on each, he would rather have 42 other players than Lou!!!:eek::(:cool:

The team defense in this game was spectacular and everyone contributed - Kia was amazingly quick both coming over to double Williams, and then recovering to guard her own player when the ball went in that direction. And the rotation and covering was special - particularly noticed Lou getting across 3/4 of the court to close out on a skip pass, and Stewart got three of her blocks I think closing out on threes. Morgan was directing traffic from the center. And Moriah and Gabby trading off on Williams were incredible.

Reaction Score
In fairness there were not that many bench minutes tonight outside of Gabby's. If someone's going to be frustrated because Butler didn't put up a double-double in the final 3 1/2 minutes of the game, then I'd have to say the expectations are just a bit unrealistic.
I am quite comfortable that Geno didn't expect a double, double. I'm inclined to think he expected smart play and high energy. He doesn't accept bonehead plays whether it's a tie game or a 50 point lead because when you start making exceptions then things start going badly. He's not the only coach who had those expectations and surprise, surprise, the other guys had success too. John Wooden and Vince Lombardi felt that way, as well.

Reaction Score
so much for quick start.....
Sometimes it's not how fast you start, but how you finish. INHO the game swung UCONN's way just before the end of the first half. To me USF sorta knew what was coming andd their faces, determination, etc. appeared to say OH NO here it comes again.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Sure hope the HuskyGames site can upload this game because ESPN3's version is useless and unplayable past 20 minutes.

Reaction Score
Did anyone else catch Geno teasing Stewie before the first reporter asks a question? "Those three rebounds you got were huge."

The affection between the greatest WCBB coach and his superstar is undeniable. It's so much fun to watch the sarcasm-laden back and forth between these two who clearly have enormous respect and admiration for each other.

Despite coach's relentless torrent of "you suck, Stewie," "you stink, Stewie," "you're the worst, Stewie," and my favorite- "I don't know why the hell we ever recruited you, Stewie," it's a very special relationship they share.

Reaction Score
I agree with Sluconn that this year's ESPN3 has been a huge disappointment. The replays have been almost painful to watch at times. And I'm not talking about the action on the court. In one recent game I thought I was watching the movie Groundhog Day as I was sent back to the first quarter several times. I had the USF replay on today and the last four minutes of the second quarter vanished! Earlier in the year they missed bringing us an entire game and I almost had to go to Basketball Rehab! Looks like we now have the new ESPN3Lite instead of the original full bodied one. Less calories maybe, but also less fulfilling unfortunately.

Reaction Score
Sure hope the HuskyGames site can upload this game because ESPN3's version is useless and unplayable past 20 minutes.

Yes, it's been quite annoying lately.

If you have Windows 10 (or 8), the WatchESPN app is another option. You get it from the "Microsoft Store." The app has its own separate issues for me - it crashes from time to time, and sometimes it takes them longer to put games up on replay than for the browser-based ESPN3. But it does seem to be OK at scanning through the video.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Is there anyone who looks more amazing skying up for boards than Gabby? So much height - a thing of beauty for sure. She's an example of a great athlete who's ALSO a great basketball player.
She's a quick leaper, plus she is very determined and has strong hands.

Reaction Score
Wow. Seriously?

It was just a hunch. The Committee has no intention of giving the AAC any respect and will go out of their way to lump us together. Given bracketing principles, there's no other explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom