GAME THREAD | Page 4 | The Boneyard

GAME THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
At least D looked upset. He said to Sherriffs "are you kidding me?" Gave him hell.

Diaco is the guy who coached him to make that play. He doesn't gt a pass for the disorganization of his team

Reaction Score
the 4th and 1 is costing us big, had we gone for 3 then we would have gone for 3 with the 8 seconds we had just now. This is on Diaco's play calling,clock management and using Johnson.

Reaction Score
I'm at a loss for words. Beyond frustrated. We are clearly the better team but mistake after mistake just keep piling up. Shirreffs looks like he's never played football before.

Reaction Score
Come on this isn't on Newsome. The only play is in the end-zone or right on the sideline. At worst within 5 yards of the goal line. Newsome was not an option there.
Yup, but never should have been in the flat to begin with. Should have sent him to EZ or kept him in for blocking. Sell fulfilling outcome by poor play design.

Reaction Score
We should win this game still. But somebody, either Diaco or Verducci needs to get their together in a big way. Shirreffs is having a bad game but the coaching decisions have been worse. Glad I'm not writing the game up this week because it's infuriating to see the same nonsense costing us a game.

Reaction Score
As putrid as Shirreffs and Verducci have been.....it's a winnable game. Clock management is a MAJOR problem for this coaching staff. The pieces are there to be good offensively. Not getting a play in with over 15s on the play clock is inexcusable.
I think Verducci is just woefully unprepared to be a play caller. He obviously can't think ahead for the possible scenarios and even when he gets them in on time, there's way too many wtf moments.

Reaction Score
I am at the game right now trying to resist the urge to strangle the person sitting in front of me because I am so livid at the messiness of this coaching staff in that first half. No wonder we have trouble selling tickets. This type of football should we watched alone in your house with non breakable items nearby. Just blood boiling type of stuff.

I've lost track of all the missed opportunities. On the offensive side of the ball this coaching staff is just flat out messy. It is coaching malpractice that we have 3 points.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If you want to know the difference between a bowl team and a non bowl team, you just saw it.

Bowl teams don't leave 21 easy points on the field in one half of football.

Reaction Score
come on
If you want to know the difference between a bowl team and a non bowl team, you just saw it.

Bowl teams don't leave 21 easy points on the field in one half of football.

We should probably cool it a little on the bowl talk.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Diaco is the guy who coached him to make that play. He doesn't gt a pass for the disorganization of his team
Shirreffs should absolutely not have made that decision. Staff is responsible for clock management issues in general but on that particular play the QB has to know not to make that decision, it's on him.

Reaction Score
Somebody explain to me how the UCONN players come up so short in so many areas. An opponent runner pushed the pile forward, UCONN' s not so much, in fact almost never. Then I see Newsome, one of the fastest players on the team, get caught from behind by a linebacker. How does this stuff happen with the S&C guru supposedly working miracles. Add this to the incredibly pathetic QB play and play calling and it's almost impossible to see progress, IMO.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
First missed in person game in a while. Home from cross country invitational for our 6th and 8th graders.

I'm ready to contribute

Reaction Score
Shirreffs was horrible that half should have had about 4 interceptions and never should have thrown that to Newsome but Newsome looked really dumb not running out of bounds.
Agree on Shirreffs...disagree on Newsome. Newsome caught the ball with 4s left just outside the hash. He had an edge defender with outside leverage forcing him to either cut upfield and hope he could find the end zone or be tackled trying to get to the sideline. Could Newsome have gone down and hope to have enough time to call timeout...maybe? But, he knows he's against the clock and trying to make a play. That's on the coaches for mis-managing the clock and Shirreffs for not throwing the ball away with time to get a timeout and kick the FG.

Reaction Score
J187Money said:
Marriner and his 4 rushes for 5 yards? Just give the ball to Newsome.

I liked Marriner last year as well. I've seen nothing but potential from him. Want to see us using all of them, particularly in the short passing game. Shirreffs is getting rushed and a couple of the best plays we had were quick hitters to Newsome and RJ.

Reaction Score
the QB has to know not to make that decision, it's on him.
Agree 100%. The dump off option to the right should not have even been an option, but it's still on BS to know not to throw that pass.
Instructions should have been:
Count to 3, then throw it. If somebody is open in the endzone, throw it to them. If not, throw it away.
Simple. There should not have been a 3rd option, even if a guy was open at the 1.

Reaction Score
Palatine said:
The ball should not have been thrown to Newsome. This team is unprepared, confused and just plain disorganized in the red zone.

Agreed, and I don't blame Newsome for trying to get it in the end zone rather than out of bounds. That's instinct and something he does well. For a second there I thought he might make it in.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
The ball should not have been thrown to Newsome.

This team is unprepared, confused and just plain disorganized in the red zone.
Y call that play with that route

Reaction Score
I am at the game right now trying to resist the urge to strangle the person sitting in front of me because I am so livid at the messiness of this coaching staff in that first half. No wonder we have trouble selling tickets. This type of football should we watched alone in your house with non breakable items nearby. Just blood boiling type of stuff.

I've lost track of all the missed opportunities. On the offensive side of the ball this coaching staff is just flat out messy. It is coaching malpractice that we have 3 points.
coaching malpractice = accurate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog