GAME THREAD | Page 16 | The Boneyard

GAME THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
upstater said:
The game clock doesn't start when the chains move. It's when the ref puts the ball in play.
either way the clock would have started on the refs signal. Not like USF wouldn't have let it keep counting down.

Reaction Score
Sick to my stomach with some of the missteps today, but we competed and we are really young. The play and the coaching is uneven but I still like our potential for next year. Our HC, OC and DC are all learning on the job.
The players have been pretty good all along. The coaches have sucked.

Reaction Score
Sick to my stomach with some of the missteps today, but we competed and we are really young. The play and the coaching is uneven but I still like our potential for next year. Our HC, OC and DC are all learning on the job.

If coaching remains uneven, the quality wins will never come. It's not hard to grasp that.

Reaction Score
either way the clock would have started on the refs signal. Not like USF wouldn't have let it keep counting down.

Yes, I know. But the play clock would have less time on it. Which means less time comes off the clock if you don't call timeout there.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
upstater said:
Yes, I know. But the play clock would have less time on it. Which means less time comes off the clock if you don't call timeout there.
I see what you mean now. Less time on the playclock. Guess with the d playing like they were doesn't really matter.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Meanwhile, Memphis is dominating Ole Miss. Good thing is, Fuente is gone after this year.

Reaction Score
ASweet3781 said:
If coaching remains uneven, the quality wins will never come. It's not hard to grasp that.

I agree, but it's year two, with the improvement shown no reason to think it won't continue. It's a gradual climb, we did not hire a Harbaugh or Herman overnight success story nor did we have the personnel to make that happen. The coaches and players have to grow together.

Reaction Score
This, and the inability to capitalize in the redzone is the entire game. All this quitting talk is silly - the coaches were stumped once USF changed their formation.
Things are still moving in the right direction but the coaching needs to improve.
The right direction?

Reaction Score
Well...the defense couldn't stop, what is essentially, the triple option in the second half after a strong effort early. Unofficially, Shirreff's threw for 365, rushed for 100. Newsome had another 200+ all purpose yard day (58 rushing, 74 receiving, 89 on kickoffs). Thomas and Bloom had 94 and 97 yards receiving, respectively. So, there are some bright spots. But, the coaching staff needs to look in the mirror. The pieces are there to be successful, but the coaches have to figure out how to open the puzzle box first. I believe in Diaco. He's changing the culture of the program. But, he needs to come out and take the blame for this one. He needs to throw his coaches into the fire, as well. They failed in this game, they crumble under pressure, they set the tone. You are what your record says you are. A below average coaching staff equals a below average team. I still have hope, because there is above average talent on the roster. Can the staff become above average????

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
The players have been pretty good all along. The coaches have sucked.

disagree because they have improved under the coaching staff which was something they never did under FHCPP they actually regressed

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I think some folks need to step away from the computer for a few days or at least till tomorrow. Some of the talk is ridiculous considering where this team was when FHCPP was fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom