Game thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Boatright sure does have a lot of pressure when he comes back. Offense will gel , Defense will pick up. We might as well play a 2-3 zone if we're going to play defense like that. But I do understand where your coming from.
I hope the fans let him play 4 -5 games before jumping on him. He'll need time to catch up to other players.

Reaction Score
1-2 games seems to be the normal honeymoon period around here.

Reaction Score
Of course but it's just a lack of effort against these teams. You could tell they just kicked up the D and Maine had no chance. Last year we brought it every night regardless of the opponent from day 1. I hope Kemba instilled that in all the returning players and they teach to the new guys... cause they just weren't trying at all the 1st half.

They had early season struggles last year too. They were down 3 at the half to Vermont...

Reaction Score
Almost 3 double-doubles from our big guys, LOVE IT! Beast mode on the boards.

Reaction Score
They had early season struggles last year too. They were down 3 at the half to Vermont...
There's a certain majesty that surrounds last year's team and I think people forget that that team had plenty of struggles and questions of their own. But, the ends sure do justify the means.

Reaction Score
I very much like our current team.
He's my measure: They're fun as hell to watch.
That's it. Don't need much beyond that, although the final fours and championships are nice.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
our perimeter d is atrocious. all we do is let guys run right by us to the hole.
Part of the consequence of being so tall...JLamb is more of a matchup problem as a college 3. Containing penetration will be a key going forward...it would be great to have Kemba back!

Reaction Score
I take in-game comments with a grain of salt, since I'm extremely hyperbolic when watching a game and then rational afterwards. But the 2006-07 team was essentially sophomore Jeff Adrien and nine freshmen trying to learn how to play, with the point guard idle for two years after two severe brain issues (one medical, one stupidity). This year, we have rings on our fingers -- and bells on our shoes, and I knew without asking we were into the blues. And before you argue with me, just remember: I ain't always right, but I've never been wrong.

Sorry, sorry - I need to toke up and get the iPod cranking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom