Game thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Jeremy picking it up exactly where he left off last game. I don't know if that 30 point game got him all fired up but he looks like hes not even trying. 2 of those 3s were ugly as hell. Him and AO today, I just don't know. AO , whenever he gets a chance to come in and get the rock. He just throws up the softest shots up.You would think that he would have a little pride in himself, not wanting to be on the bench AGAIN.

I know we compliment him on how smooth and easy he makes things look but I've seen more effort in pickup games. That last defensive sequence where he didn't even attempt to challenge the shot said it all.

Reaction Score
This team thus far reminds me of 06 - 07 where we were a top 15 team early in the season and barely beat our cupcakes and when we got into conference time we got smacked around. I truly hope we play better than this cause we look plain awful. I mean whats with the D. I can understand the offense but our D is terrible.

Reaction Score
I know we compliment him on how smooth and easy he makes things look but I've seen more effort in pickup games. That last defensive sequence where he didn't even attempt to challenge the shot said it all.
I don't understand why Calhoun just doesn't bench him when he plays like that. He did it last game and he didn't sit down once.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The defense is struggling because it lacks depth. Until RB plays 4 or 5 games there is no way of knowing if the guys are deficient on defense or just being cautious.

Reaction Score
The defense is struggling because it lacks depth. Until RB plays 4 or 5 games there is no way of knowing if the guys are deficient on defense or just being cautious.
Boatright sure does have a lot of pressure when he comes back. Offense will gel , Defense will pick up. We might as well play a 2-3 zone if we're going to play defense like that. But I do understand where your coming from.

Reaction Score
chill out.
So your pumped were beating a Maine team who doesnt have their leading scorer by 5 pts at the half after we lead 7-0 after a min?? Im calm. I just expect us to play slightly better than lazy and awful.

Reaction Score
This team thus far reminds me of 06 - 07 where we were a top 15 team early in the season and barely beat our cupcakes and when we got into conference time we got smacked around. I truly hope we play better than this cause we look plain awful. I mean whats with the D. I can understand the offense but our D is terrible.

that team actually blew out their cupcakes

Reaction Score
finally, Jeremy benched, long overdue, hopefully this lights a fire under him

Reaction Score
So your pumped were beating a Maine team who doesnt have their leading scorer by 5 pts at the half after we lead 7-0 after a min?? Im calm. I just expect us to play slightly better than lazy and awful.
Who said I was pumped?, don't put words in my mouth. We're 2-0, and we will be 3-0 in about 45 minutes. I don't care if we win every game for the rest of the year by 1 point. It's November 17th and its the 3rd game of the year. Drummond is still crazy talented, Daniels has impressed everyone. Boatright is coming bask soon and this is the same team that took us all on a magical run last year (minus kemba of course). so yeah, chill. out.

Reaction Score
So lemme get this straight. Your accusing me of putting words in your mouth, when at the same time your telling me to chill out when I said nothing at all to indicate Im not chill? I dont get it. I didnt say that were screwed for the season. I said we need to pick it up. Three games looking so-so against weak teams. Time to start playing. Agreed on Daniels, Drummond and Boatright.

Reaction Score
Now they ratchet up the D. Seems like this team is missing motivation. They can play like this for 40 min but they just don't. Letting Columbia Shot all over them on the boards and keeping Maine in the game. I just wanna see the effort for 40 min. Not 20 and bring it on the boards every game like tonight.

Reaction Score
Lamb is trying way too hard to create off the dribble. He needs to come off more screens. Sometimes, when you have big games, you tend to just receive passes at the 3 point line and try to make something happen. Much easier to come around screens and such and start from that position.

Deandre Daniels is probably the starting 3 unless he screws up royally.

Drummond is getting there - slow but sure. Can't wait to see him against a 6/10 athlete.

Reaction Score
Now look at the difference in the way Lambo is playing since he got lit into.

Reaction Score
Jeremy will get going if he goes inside first knock some easy shoots down than move out to the 3's.

Reaction Score
Now they ratchet up the D. Seems like this team is missing motivation. They can play like this for 40 min but they just don't. Letting Columbia Shot all over them on the boards and keeping Maine in the game. I just wanna see the effort for 40 min. Not 20 and bring it on the boards every game like tonight.
Not making excuses for them, but it's definitely a lot harder to get pumped up and into it for a full 40 against teams like Maine and Columbia. If it's like this in BE play, then yea we'll have a problem.

Reaction Score
Over 10 minutes without a Maine FG, and Drummond just dunked on one of our own.

Reaction Score
Not making excuses for them, but it's definitely a lot harder to get pumped up and into it for a full 40 against teams like Maine and Columbia. If it's like this in BE play, then yea we'll have a problem.
Of course but it's just a lack of effort against these teams. You could tell they just kicked up the D and Maine had no chance. Last year we brought it every night regardless of the opponent from day 1. I hope Kemba instilled that in all the returning players and they teach to the new guys... cause they just weren't trying at all the 1st half.

Reaction Score
Easy fellas. We're a top 4 team and we're playing cat-caught-mouse with a cupcake.
I get the whole "effort for 40" mantra, but, realistically, it would be almost inhuman to be able to stay focused when the other team is so weak that they can go 10 minutes without a field goal.

Reaction Score
Wow, Drummond looks like he's never shot a FT in his life. Hope it's just nerves. Definitely has to work the kinks out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom