Game thread | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Congratulations, want a trophy?
sure @ssbag, send it on over. Would that be the trophy for worst possible football team in the country? Or how about the trophy for participation, "hey, we were there! we tried to compete". Can I have one of those? Maybe instead of getting offended and butt hurt, like you clearly do, try taking an objective look at the sh@t pile that is this team and get upset about it. Players are getting free educations, coach is being paid millions of dollars, and they couldn't even get up to score in the 2nd half of the last football game of the season. Against an 0-11, excuse me 1-11 team. How about think about that and quit being a passive b@tch thinking football is all rainbows, sunshine, and unicorns

Reaction Score
I also don't want to hear anyone rip the AAC, or say we belong in a better conference or that we are above any of these schools. We just finished last in the conference and have 5 wins the last two years COMBINED.
No one wants out of this conference based on our football team, we all realize the crapfest this is and will turn the men's bball team into. That's why we want out. Unfortunately, that has to happen through football.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
sure @ssbag, send it on over. Would that be the trophy for worst possible football team in the country? Or how about the trophy for participation, "hey, we were there! we tried to compete". Can I have one of those? Maybe instead of getting offended and butt hurt, like you clearly do, try taking an objective look at the sh@t pile that is this team and get upset about it. Players are getting free educations, coach is being paid millions of dollars, and they couldn't even get up to score in the 2nd half of the last football game of the season. Against an 0-11, excuse me 1-11 team. How about think about that and quit being a passive b@tch thinking football is all rainbows, sunshine, and unicorns

If you read what you posted, you'd see that you're clearly the butthurt one here.

Reaction Score
If you read what you posted, you'd see that you're clearly the butthurt one here.
sure am. butt hurt because a team I care about cannot help but show it's @ss almost every game. butt hurt because with fans like you, who think this is good enough, with the mentality "must support team no matter what, no getting upset or not a real fan!" never change programs. People with your attitude wanted to keep PPGDL for another season. People with your attitude laughed off Burton when he got pissed about the PPGDL hire. People with your mentality like the fact UConn has a football team, but could care less what the W/L is at the end of the season. Or maybe you do care, but don't want anything to change with the chance it might hurt someone's feelings.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
sure am. butt hurt because a team I care about cannot help but show it's @ss almost every game. butt hurt because with fans like you, who think this is good enough, with the mentality "must support team no matter what, no getting upset or not a real fan!" never change programs. People with your attitude wanted to keep PPGDL for another season. People with your attitude laughed off Burton when he got pissed about the PPGDL hire. People with your mentality like the fact UConn has a football team, but could care less what the W/L is at the end of the season. Or maybe you do care, but don't want anything to change with the chance it might hurt someone's feelings.

Way to put words in my mouth buddy. I wanted PPGDL gone too. I don't enjoy being 2-10.

I also don't see how losing your on a message board changes the program. Talk to Warde or Susan. Saying I'm not a real fan because I'm not having a temper tantrum right now is kind of ridiculous.

Reaction Score
I want to believe in Diaco I really do. But a microcosm of what I mean, after After the Arkeel fumble on the kickoff and SMU TD. Your still up 20-13, you get the ball back run it three time and punt. When you coach and playcall like you have no faith in your team, you get a team that doesn't have confidence in itself. Boyle is terrible but you are not developing him when he has ten passes in the fourth quarter. I'm really worried about this coaching staff. I wonder what he is going to blame on the previous staff after this game?

Look, I'm still holding out hope Diaco gets his together. But I got a bad feeling that although he's not a bad coach (or coordinator), he may be the wrong coach. If Warde really wanted to make a splash hire, he should've bent over backwards to hire the hottest OFFENSIVE coach available. Diaco doesn't know what to do with this mess offensively. At least an offensive minded coach would know where to start. Mistakes on offense and special teams led to the defense being put in the usual position of carrying the team, and once they began to lose the lead (and their motivation to bail out the offense, as usual) well, the rest is history. An offensive coach would not tolerate such ineptitude on the football field in terms of protecting and moving the ball consistently, to the point that the defense is always left holding the bag to pull out a win. Not to say Diaco tolerates it, but he'd be far better equipt to manage it rather than let it fester on the football field. There's a reason you only hear Orlovsky spewing out discontent for where this program is at and not former defensive players. Because the offense is the joke of college football and has been the problem for years. It has been basically since Orlovsky left, and it's not like the talent is that short handed. If they're talent is really that lacking, then they never had any business playing college football in the first place. It's not as though the defense can do no wrong, but it's only when they're left holding the bag to manage the games outcome that they start to fall apart. This team can't afford to continue to be overly conservative and indifferent to achieving reasonably functional offensive prosperity if they honestly expect to get anywhere in modern college football.

Reaction Score
Way to put words in my mouth buddy. I wanted PPGDL gone too. I don't enjoy being 2-10.

I also don't see how losing your on a message board changes the program. Talk to Warde or Susan. Saying I'm not a real fan because I'm not having a temper tantrum right now is kind of ridiculous.
I never said you werent a real fan. But do you really think people who do not get upset about a sh@t product ever get anything changed? Am I throwing a temper tantrum on a message board? Sure, its a helluva lot better than kicking puppies. Is it also true? Damn straight it is. This program has been surrounded by apathy for a long time, too long, and if that doesn't change, do you really think people will head to the games? Even if we manage to put together a winning season? The great thing about college football is the passion of the students, alumni, people who live close. When that disappears, you're left with what we saw today, or what we saw last week at Memphis, who won (just threw up in my mouth) a piece of the conference title. Get passionate. Quit the apathetic view of this football program, and demand them to be better.

Do you really think Alabama, Auburn, Oregon, etc. would be where they are now without a rabid fanbase? You want big time football, starts with the fans and supporters of the program. If the school/team aren't required by the fans to provide better, chances of them doing so are slim.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Do you really think Alabama, Auburn, Oregon, etc. would be where they are now without a rabid fanbase? You want big time football, starts with the fans and supporters of the program. If the school/team aren't required by the fans to provide better, chances of them doing so are slim.

Having rabid fanbases didn't cause them to get to where they are. Those are a product of success on the field. That's what comes first.

Reaction Score
Having rabid fanbases didn't cause them to get to where they are. Those are a product of success on the field. That's what comes first.
True. What kind of fanbase is going to be "rabid" with that product? It doesn't win, it isn't exciting. It is the opposite. It loses and is excruciating to sit through.

Reaction Score
In that sir, you are incorrect. Football is a way of life down here in the South. We're talking 16k high school football stadiums, on their campuses. I'm from Texas, just moved back down here, and I can tell you that teams in the south have rabid fan bases, win or lose. When you have a rabid fan base that expects their team to be competitive and win, when that doesn't happen, people lose their jobs, kids transfer, etc., and I'm not just talking about AD's or coaches. How fast do you think the president of Alabama or Auburn or UTexas would be there if they posted 3 consecutive losing seasons? People down here take football seriously, and refuse to settle. Winning helps motivate more into that fanbase, but if you don't have it to begin with, winning will take a decade before it creates it.

Reaction Score
I just wanted to thank the football program for giving me back my Saturdays. Thank you for playing so poorly over the past 3 seasons that you have killed any excitement I have for this program. I'm done. Rooting for this team is like punching myself in the nuts 4 times in 3 hours every Saturday, and I'm tired of my nuts hurting. To all of you apologists (wannabe diehards), I really dont give a sh@t about your opinion of my fandom. F@ck this "team", f@ck Diaco, f@ck Warde, earn me back, I dare you.

That's the spirit. Let the dark side consume you.

Reaction Score
..........................................................................................................................wow

Reaction Score
That's the scary part, the defense, his defense, his specialty, has spit the bit today. THAT'S an indictment if there ever was one.

We don't have his players. We may never have those types of players. Just his scheme.

Reaction Score
I personally don't think Boyle is good enough to play at this level but I also don't think they have every put him in position to succeed. Throwing only on 3rd and long, throwing only out of tight formations, throwing only 10 passes a game. He was put in a position to fail over and over. Good thing he wasn't abused like he was last year

They have been totally clueless regarding QB development with their schizophrenic use of personnel.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
In that sir, you are incorrect. Football is a way of life down here in the South. We're talking 16k high school football stadiums, on their campuses. I'm from Texas, just moved back down here, and I can tell you that teams in the south have rabid fan bases, win or lose. When you have a rabid fan base that expects their team to be competitive and win, when that doesn't happen, people lose their jobs, kids transfer, etc., and I'm not just talking about AD's or coaches. How fast do you think the president of Alabama or Auburn or UTexas would be there if they posted 3 consecutive losing seasons? People down here take football seriously, and refuse to settle. Winning helps motivate more into that fanbase, but if you don't have it to begin with, winning will take a decade before it creates it.

True, but the cultural difference is just huge between CT and the South. I've only been to the South a few times, but I've been able to learn that football is a religion down there. Gathering on Friday night for the local HS game is more than sports, it brings the entire town together. It simply isn't treated that way up here. Would it be nice if CT towns were more focused on football? Yeah, it would probably help. But old habits die hard.

Reaction Score
They drove him to Arnsonia every day.
He lived two blocks up from where I grew up. He grew up in Waterbury, moved to Ansonia before starting 9th grade. You're WRONG!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom