Game thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Truly awful so far. It's good though as it will give us a chance to see Coach Ollie motivate them at the half and make some adjustments. These games are as much for him as the players

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Garbage first half. Really awful. Light em up at halftime, KO.
But still tied and can only get better for us and worse for them.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Very lucky. We couldn't hit the ocean from a boat.

Reaction Score
Our offense has been horrible. Were missing shots but worse, were not running any sets at all. Shabazz is pissing me off. Horrible shot selection and his defense is the worst right now. He gambled on the one Q fastbreak then watched his man drive to the hoop while standing there. Thank god or Giffey.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
But still tied and can only get better for us and worse for them.

Well, it *could* get worse, but I wouldn't bet on it. We are lucky to be tied considering how poorly we shot & rebounded.

Reaction Score
The only positive I can take is that we probably can't shoot this bad in the second half.

Reaction Score
We're getting killed on the boards. Why don't we try playing 2 bigs at once? Nolan at the 4 and Olander at the 5? We haven't done this all season.

Reaction Score
Now this is ugly 6-27 from the field, 0-6 from three. Boatshow is 0-7.

Reaction Score
Shabazz is pissing me off. Horrible shot selection and his defense is the worst right now. He gambled on the one Q fastbreak then watched his man drive to the hoop while standing there. Thank god or Giffey.
Not that you're wrong, but why doesn't Boatright get criticized as much as Shabazz? He's far more inconsistent.

Reaction Score
Like to see a Wolf Daniels combo more in 2nd half if they can stay out of foul trouble

Reaction Score
Like the idea of playing 2 bigs at once. Way too many off balance jumpers with no blue shirts near the rim to even try to get a rebound.

Stat wise it looks like we are playing against the Hoyas from the early 80's.

Reaction Score
We're getting killed on the boards. Why don't we try playing 2 bigs at once? Nolan at the 4 and Olander at the 5? We haven't done this all season.

We were always going to get killed on the boards this season. That shouldn't surprised anyone.

It would be nice if the "strength" of the team, the guards, Napier, Boatright, and Calhoun started playing something resembling consistent basketball.

Reaction Score
Wow the guards can't play any worst can they? Tough to have both guys looking at a lid and neither looking to run offense...........should be a better 2nd half for them. Liked Bazz in the last couple games when he let things come to him early and didn't force........he needs to find a middle ground because that was an ugly 1st half for him........Deandre sent a message with his PT in the 1st half - "get a rebound".........hate to say it but the 2 awful calls against Wolfie hurt........for those that have dismissed Nolan as never having any impact this year guess again!!

Hear's to a much better 2nd half guys and gals.......Rolling Rock time!;)

Reaction Score
nolan is our leading scorer and rebounder. Im glad he's getting some time out there. Its good for a kid who's been struggling to see a few good things happen.

as bad as its been (really bad), i dont think we will shoot so poorly in the 2nd half.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Wow the guards can't play any worst can they? Tough to have both guys looking at a lid and neither looking to run offense...........should be a better 2nd half for them. Liked Bazz in the last couple games when he let things come to him early and didn't force........he needs to find a middle ground because that was an ugly 1st half for him........Deandre sent a message with his PT in the 1st half - "get a rebound".........hate to say it but the 2 awful calls against Wolfie hurt........for those that have dismissed Nolan as never having any impact this year guess again!!

Hear's to a much better 2nd half guys and gals.......Rolling Rock time!;)
They were horrible calls. Same with second foul on OC.

Funny how guys in this thread act like they are just learning about UConn's bigs.

Definitely SN and RB are forcing things.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Good to see Nolan .- the bigs avoided the third foul

Sent from my Lumia 920 via Windows 8. Now bite me Apple Droids.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
nolan is our leading scorer and rebounder. Im glad he's getting some time out there. Its good for a kid who's been struggling to see a few good things happen.

as bad as its been (really bad), i dont think we will shoot so poorly in the 2nd half.
The kid has wicked athleticism. Nice stroke in his foul shooting. His upside is huge.

Reaction Score
This team I think will have a very good quirk of winning games through sheer will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom