Game Thread! | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Game Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think I know what the 90 stands for, but 17? and 6? Am I just being obtuse?
17 FF's, 6 undefeated seasons. I think there's an "11" (NC's) in there too on the back of the shirt.

Reaction Score
I tuned in to see a basketball game last night and I saw open heart surgery performed instead! It is a rare opportunity to see such such surgical talent perform at that level. With precise cuts and extraordinary teamwork, coupled with deft hand movements, this surgical team managed to remove the hearts of their "patients" for forty minutes. Even Dr. Oz would have been proud of this "operation". I know the "Head Surgeon" was.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
UCONN starters played a total of 131 minutes last night and got called for 2 fouls. This is noteworthy because one of the refs was Dee Kantner. So the next time someone gets on the Dee is "Anti-UCONN" parade remember this game.

Reaction Score
UCONN starters played a total of 131 minutes last night and got called for 2 fouls. This is noteworthy because one of the refs was Dee Kantner. So the next time someone gets on the Dee is "Anti-UCONN" parade remember this game.
Kantner was anti-Dolson. That was really my only beef with her.

Reaction Score
Such a wonderful night of basketball for yours truly. UConn women dominate, the WVU men knock off No. 1 Baylor, and the Terp men pull out a tough win over Indiana (the best part of that one was watching the game with my daughter). It doesn't get any better than that basketball wise.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Such a wonderful night of basketball for yours truly. UConn women dominate, the WVU men knock off No. 1 Baylor, and the Terp men pull out a tough win over Indiana (the best part of that one was watching the game with my daughter). It doesn't get any better than that basketball wise.
Just extending the dialogue.
You mentioned 3 games and then said you watched "the game with your daughter", The UCONN game?- that one of them trickrhetorical type questions.
Baylor MBB #1 before last night, Baylor WBB #2 (would have been #1 except for loss to UCONN), Besides UCONN has that ever happened before where both MBB and WBB teams that highly ranked?-curiosity type question.

Reaction Score
You mentioned 3 games and then said you watched "the game with your daughter", The UCONN game?- that one of them trickrhetorical type questions.
Baylor MBB #1 before last night, Baylor WBB #2 (would have been #1 except for loss to UCONN), Besides UCONN has that ever happened before where both MBB and WBB teams that highly ranked?-curiosity type question.
I meant the Maryland game. My daughter is a freshman student there and knows one of the freshman on the team (who plays significant minutes). She was really into the game which tickled the heck out of me because it shows she has become a part of the U of M College Park community. It was a bit of a concern for my wife and I when she first got to campus going from a high school of just over 600 to a school with 25,000. She said she initially felt like she was a small fish in a large shark tank, but she has adapted well. Oh well, that rambling was just a bit off topic.

Reaction Score
I meant the Maryland game. My daughter is a freshman student there and knows one of the freshman on the team (who plays significant minutes). She was really into the game which tickled the heck out of me because it shows she has become a part of the U of M College Park community. It was a bit of a concern for my wife and I when she first got to campus going from a high school of just over 600 to a school with 25,000. She said she initially felt like she was a small fish in a large shark tank, but she has adapted well. Oh well, that rambling was just a bit off topic.;)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
A couple of times - Louisville came closest to achieving the double, but Uconn crushed them in the NC women's game.

Reaction Score
I said this on another thread, but the point bears repeating. The score was 60 -13 with 4+ minutes to go in the FIRST half and I asked the woman next to me if she had noticed another team on the floor besides UConn. She hadn't.
Trivia: in c 29 years of being a fan this was the first game I've been to. Picked a good one I think.
Give me a heads up next time you go.

Reaction Score
Memo to anyone who complains about large margins of victories for some other schools:

I will note that UConn's starting 5 is in midway thru Q3 in a 50+ pt game.

UConn did not win by 108 points. This is not some lowly team, and Geno started subbing in the first half, and the second team played the entire fourth quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom