Game Thread! | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Game Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I was there, and it was an astonishing performance. Compared to the Huskies, USF looked very slow and unathletic. UConn appeared to be moving at warp speed while USF was out for a jog. No one on USF could come close to beating anyone from UConn off the dribble, and UConn`s switching man to man defense was stifling, allowing USF only a handful of open looks all night. 65-19 at halftime, complete domination.

Like a tsunami!

Butler looked very comfortable out there and hit some nice shots. Molly was on Laksa defensively late in the game and more than held her own. Nice game for Kyla as well, glad to see her hit the three. And of course Chong, great night for her.

Dangerfield made a move and basket late in the game that only she can do, fantastic. I did not see any indication that she was injured or that anything specific happened in the game.

Very nice at the end of the game, Geno spoke and gave his team high praise for their effort tonight. Also, about 10 or so ex-players were on the scoreboard congratulating this year`s team - Doty, Charles, Maya Moore, Stewie, Tuck, Montgomery, Faris, Hayes, Buck, Greene, maybe one or two more. Crowd loved it!

Reaction Score
I know this has been raised before but is this a rare case where the master puppeteer has pulled the wrong strings?

You've got to be kidding? This is what you wanted to talk about after this phenom display put on by this team? Not to mention last year she was hurt a bit and she was behind the other 4 starters in which you could have either used Lou for perimeter offense or Gabby for perimeter defense.

You've got to be kidding. UCONN has lost one game since Chogn was a frosh. You've got to be kidding.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Someone asked about the woman doing the announcing - Julianne Viani - former Marist Red Fox basketball player. I have heard her on before and think she is pretty good. Definitely thought the teams and MVP candidates were bogus but not sure they were hers. She seems pretty knowledgeable.

The guy was - Brent Stover, meh.

Reaction Score
I said this on another thread, but the point bears repeating. The score was 60 -13 with 4+ minutes to go in the FIRST half and I asked the woman next to me if she had noticed another team on the floor besides UConn. She hadn't.
Trivia: in c 29 years of being a fan this was the first game I've been to. Picked a good one I think.

Reaction Score
Memo to anyone who complains about large margins of victories for some other schools:

I will note that UConn's starting 5 is in midway thru Q3 in a 50+ pt game.

Are you serious???? This is what you want to talk about after a super played game by UCONN?

You realize there are only 10 players on the team, right? You expecting Lawlor to have a big impact at some point in the future as a result Geno should have also benched Chong?

You have to be kidding me.

Reaction Score
Watching on TV, but I see (hear) in the post-game that they are playing pre-recorded messages from former players up on the scoreboard screen?? Think I just heard TipHayes3 give her congrats and encouragement??

Crystal Dangerfield and others staring up and grinning like a little kid!

BYers in attendance , please elaborate on this if you've got more info !!

It went by very fast and was a little hard to hear, for me anyhow. But I think I can say that Kelly Faris got the loudest cheers.

Reaction Score
upload_2017-1-10_22-47-4.png

Reaction Score
Awesome game from these ladies tonight!! Williams has got be considered for AA honors at this rate. That diving save for the ball before crashing into the USF bench maybe the type of play that will secure this team their own identity. This team seems to be very hard to play against and this toughness has been led by Williams and Nurse! It would very interesting to watch their practices. Those scrimmages must be very competitive with Stevens, Butler and Camara banging with Collier and Williams.

Reaction Score
You've got to be kidding? This is what you wanted to talk about after this phenom display put on by this team? Not to mention last year she was hurt a bit and she was behind the other 4 starters in which you could have either used Lou for perimeter offense or Gabby for perimeter defense.

You've got to be kidding. UCONN has lost one game since Chogn was a frosh. You've got to be kidding.
Yeah I have to agree with ,you. It's something that I've been, thinking about for quite a while and it just kind of popped out. The bottom line is She had a fabulous night and. Couldn't be happier for her

Reaction Score
Wow Danger. Never seen that move before

You got that right. I saw it live and my first thought was that I'd never seen anyone do that like that, on UConn or any other team. she spun so fast I bet the defender is still looking for her. Wonder what she'll do when she has 2 good feet again. Hopefully, no more uncontested 3s that miss by 3 or 4 feet.

Reaction Score
Just listened to the presser - heard about Danger. They were going to sit after this game anyways. So her foot has been giving her problems for a while.

Reaction Score
South FL doesn't have any decent jumpers at all. That equals some crummy rebounding in a game like this.

Only game I can remember this year where UConn has the 2 tallest players on the floor. And 3 if you count Gabby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom