Game thread: UConn-WVU | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Game thread: UConn-WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I think the defense on both ends is over the top. Yet it is not a slow game. It's just a smothering game.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Ten year old girl in my congregation whose father is 6'6" is now in size 12 women's shoes. That's right size 12 at 10 years old.

29-23 UConn.

KML scoreless in the first half.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Wonder when the last time was that KML went scoreless for a half (when playing most of it) ?

Reaction Score
UConn is certainly not shooting the ball well but this game could be the most physical game I've ever watched in the women's game. Players are being mauled in the lane. My goodness. I don't object to physical play but this is ridiculous.
They've had some brutal physical games with Rutgers a few years ago. At least there isn't any scratching going on. Well, maybe there is, Bob is so clueless he'd never mention it.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Dolson will not be in direct competition with Stewart who will be a 4.
in theory that is correct, but with Bree's wing span, i could easily see her taking Dolson's minutes if Stef doesn't step it up...

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Maybe a bad shooting day tonight by KML means a good shooting day on Saturday. :)

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Wow they gave up a 3 to end the half. OK it was a 2, but still. Hmmm.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
in theory that is correct, but with Bree's wing span, i could easily see her taking Dolson's minutes if Stef doesn't step it up...
She is not physically built to take the punishment of the low post in college, especially, for 30+ games.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
boy what an awful half for UCONN. seriously making WVU look like a top 10 team. hopefully the 2nd half is better. i mean just really bad. UCONN has no post game. getting back to your point, if we have no post play next year, they will sit on the bench and Stewart will play...

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Jerry talks and gets himself in trouble.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
boy what an awful half for UCONN. seriously making WVU look like a top 10 team. hopefully the 2nd half is better. i mean just really bad. UCONN has no post game. getting back to your point, if we have no post play next year, they will sit on the bench and Stewart will play...
Breanna will play many minutes just not in the low post in place of Stef. She will only play limited minutes at the 5.

Reaction Score
Ugly ist half! The problem of lack of inside game,dependence on outside shooting,rebounding! Kelly and Bria who else?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Ugly ist half! The problem of lack of inside game,dependence on outside shooting,rebounding! Kelly and Bria who else?
Problem is the amount of physical play inside and out tonight. A lot of lee way given to both teams. Tough to get clear in the post under these conditions plus it totally screws up the timing.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I haven't looked at your comments, trying to stay unbised, listening on the Mountaineer Radio Network, for some reason CBS won't let me pick up the radio feed from UConn in the Caribbean. And what do I hear?

1. Sounds like about 300 people in the XL from perspective of their miking
2. The announcer (didn't pick up his name), knows the game and appreciates good BB which seemingly is in short supply here.
3. Sounds like the Husky's are defending well, creating some havoc with their press and at times are giving up the open 3.
4. On offense, UCONN has continued a trend which I've noted before: not really consistent leadership and not great point- guard play, tons of missed shots, KLM taken completely out of the game and Steph having a tough night as well.
aside from Bria (at times) there is not a real consistent offense. Kelly had tons of open looks and missed most of them.
5. If we play Notre Dame like this, we'll be killed (my comment)

Remember, this is what it sounds like from WV's point of view.
He didn't complain too much with regard the foul differential (which is substantial) just noted a couple of very clear fouls that would have helped his team that weren't called

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Second half thread is up. Sorry, I was getting comfortable clothes on.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Thought Bria got fouled on that play. Hope her elbow isn't hurt too badlly....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom