Game Thread UConn vs ND | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Game Thread UConn vs ND

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Geno - I can't figure Kiah Stokes out. Doris, you're irish, maybe you can figure her out.

Reaction Score
Muffet will be crying at the press conference, she doesn't get any respect! Well, she still hasn't earned that respect!

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Glad I was wrong in my prediction. :) However, I did say UConn could win if Turner didn't play. :). Team wouldn't have owned the paint if Turner plays. Margin of victory indicates it wouldn't have mattered if Turner had played. Not sure.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Great game. Both teams have much to work on. But ND really needs a post presence and they didn't have it today.

Reaction Score
Loyd reminds me of Stanford with Chiney taking every shot. Hard for 1 to beat 5, especially our 5.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Was actually 76-58. The Irish got that meaningless layup in the final second.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Geno on Morgan Tuck: It's hard to explain what's she's good at... She seems to be pretty good at everything. She just is a really good basketball player who does a lot for us, I can't say enough about her. We're really fortunate to have her

Reaction Score
An 18 point win and there's still plenty of room for improvement. 4 of 17 from 3pt., 24 turnovers.
Jefferson 0 for 8, 5 turnovers. Yet the game wasn't close.

Reaction Score
Like I said the other day, it's like comparing Mr. Ed ( Muffett ND) and Secretariat (Geno UCONN)!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think we trade places in the polls until SC loses, which could be tomorrow. Despite today's showing, I still think ND is the 2nd best team.

Reaction Score
As a TN fan I love me some Tuck.. To me she is the key and most important player for you guys. I think she was messengale's old HS teammate.. Anyway you guys made ND offense look like TN offense does.. Not sure if B. Turner could have helped or not..

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Congtrats, that was a great game by UConn. Your interior play was superb. Notre Dame really didn't look prepared to play UConn physically, and the coaches did not prepare the players at all strategically. It really looked like a whole lot of Loyd vs. the Huskies, and that's a recipe for a blowout loss. Of course when UConn is on, they make pretty much all teams look like they haven't prepared at all.

The thing that disturbed me was the competition for the 50/50 balls. It seemed like UConn won over 75% of those battles. Again, UConn was simply more aggressive and really tore down those rebounds.

Reaction Score
An 18 point win and there's still plenty of room for improvement. 4 of 17 from 3pt., 24 turnovers.
Jefferson 0 for 8, 5 turnovers. Yet the game wasn't close.
Them missing Turner did have a part in that. On the flip side, if we get more contributions from Mo and KML, or if we just hit the chippies, this is a 30 pt game.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Muffet will be crying at the press conference, she doesn't get any respect! Well, she still hasn't earned that respect!

Notre Dame lost the game for themselves. They came out guns blazing and hit a wall named Morgan Tuck, Kia Nurse and Kiah Stokes. They simply didn't know what to do about it...or their great coach didn't know what to do.

You know...the xs and o's coach.

You need xs and os to win a game, and you need players to buy into that game plan.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
ND will not be #1 in the coaches poll. That now goes to SC unless they lose.

We move into the #2 spot.

Texas moves to #3

Texas A & M to #4

ND drops to #5.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Congtrats, that was a great game by UConn. Your interior play was superb. Notre Dame really didn't look prepared to play UConn physically, and the coaches did not prepare the players at all strategically. It really looked like a whole lot of Loyd vs. the Huskies, and that's a recipe for a blowout loss. Of course when UConn is on, they make pretty much all teams look like they haven't prepared at all.

The thing that disturbed me was the competition for the 50/50 balls. It seemed like UConn won over 75% of those battles. Again, UConn was simply more aggressive and really tore down those rebounds.

Thanks Choke. I agree that After a great start, ND didn't know what to do when Geno brought in Stokes toughened the interior defense. I would have loved to see Turner and Stokes working things out. Well, we can hope for the tourney and another match up.

Lloyd is a great player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99