Game Thread: UCONN-ND | Page 28 | The Boneyard

Game Thread: UCONN-ND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Between the refs and our players can't hit a FT at key moments, UCONN did not deserve this W. We should have fouled before the girl jack up the 3 at end of the regulation, but the mental break down did us in.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Sooooooo many missed opportunities to close this thing out in reg, 1st OT, 2nd OT. Talk about grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory. Very, very disappointing. :(

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Hate the loss and shouldn't have happened but I like how tough the freshman played much of the overtimes. Should have won in regulation but for Dennis DeMayo. And should have won it with FTs but the youngin's grew up a lot in the OTs. It took ND 3 to put them away.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
We have the lead late--multiple times tonight--against these guys and don't play to 0:00.0. Damn it!

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
This all could have been over if Geno had fouled in regulation up 3. You NEVER let them take that shot. I don't know how he let that happen

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
This all could have been over if Geno had fouled in regulation up 3. You NEVER let them take that shot. I don't know how he let that happen
Hey, Rebecca said don't foul, too.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
Bad loss - I'm envisioning an all star ref lineup of Kantner, DeMayo, and Spence for our last game in the NCAA's. Then we won't have to worry about FT's ! We wont get any !

Reaction Score

Yep. You foul them and take your chances. If I am the coach, I would do it every time. KML gave up the shot and refs helped out ND at multiple times. Talk about taking defeat from the jaw of victory.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Hate the loss and shouldn't have happened but I like how tough the freshman played much of the overtimes. Should have won in regulation but for Dennis DeMayo. And should have won it with FTs but the youngin's grew up a lot in the OTs. It took ND 3 to put them away.

Did they do the handshake line?

Would have never expected 3OTs
For the Stewie detractors - Do you realize how many minutes she played after Stef fouled out? She worked really hard. Just not enough strength & experience yet.
Kelly worked so hard. Feel bad for them.

Reaction Score
I am proud of this team. Yes, this loss hurts. But, considering we have such a short bench, Stef fouled out before the first OT, we have three freshman who have had to play extended minutes in arguably the biggest game of the season thus far, a gimpy fifth year senior, our junior point guard is having the season from hell...the fact that they were in this game as long as they were tells me they are right there...just need to develop a little more mental toughness to hit the free throws when they matter most.

It might not be our year. I am not down on any of the players. They played their hearts out. No, they won't get a share of the BE regular season trophy. ND has earned it. Be we are very close. Very, very close.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
ND attacked UConn's weakness: its guards. ND's defense forced Uconn to start its offense out so high and dared UConn to dribble drive by them. Nobody could. The TOs and missed FTs were just awful.

I give this ND team credit, they have players who never seem to play afraid even when they make mistakes (which they made tonight too).

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Geno has to recruit some point guards that can run offense. I would have given more minutes to Moriah in the 2nd half and in the OT's. Offense was stagnant. Caroline wasn't the reason for the loss, but she definitely didn't help win the game. I don't want to hear she settles the team down. She took 1 shot early in the 1st half and never looked for a shot after that. This allowed ND to lock down KML & Faris in the 3rd OT. Caroline played 21 minutes and didn't shoot a free throw.

Looking at the Stats I'm surprised Dolson didn't take a foul shot as she was fouled but not called.

Turnovers and Missed Free Throws caused the loss.

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
ND was the better team tonight.

Sorry, don't agree. The refs made ND the better team. We both made terrible mistakes, the only difference was Notre Dame got the calls

Reaction Score
For the Stewie detractors - Do you realize how many minutes she played after Stef fouled out? She worked really hard. Just not enough strength & experience yet.

Not criticizing her motor or effort. In winning time, she missed free throws and made bad turnovers. At this point the burden of proof is on her to demonstrate she can get it done in crunch time. Clutch play isn't something you learn, it's an attitude. It's innate. Diana had it. I just don't see it in Stewart.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
They played great D on KML...gotta give it to them for that.

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
Hey, Rebecca said don't foul, too.

Rebecca didn't know what she was talking about. We foul and the game is over. It was a terrible mistake

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Not criticizing her motor or effort. In winning time, she missed free throws and made bad turnovers. At this point the burden of proof is on her to demonstrate she can get it done in crunch time. Clutch play isn't something you learn, it's an attitude. It's innate. Diana had it. I just don't see it in Stewart.

Yeah let's compare everyone to Diana :rolleyes:

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
It would have been nice to see MoJeff working against their guards with her completely rested and them spent.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
KML and Diggins played 55 minutes. Loyd played 54. Kelly played 53. Yikes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom