Reaction Score
Baskets in the Paint Final
Green Wave 0 + 2 + 3 + 4 = 9
UConn 5 + 8 + 10 + 3 = 26

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Yeah. Did you see the dent she left on the floor? :D
Bumpers baby, bumpers. And she showed a quick first step today she hadn't yet shown this year.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
If UConn can play defense like this on Thursday the game is in the bag. Green Wave FG% 35.4, 3pt% 27.8%, Rebounds 18, TO 27.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Where was HuskyNan, at the game?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
She is heck of a lot better the Swin Cash.
upload_2018-1-27_14-11-37.jpeg

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Go listen to last years broadcast of the USF @ UConn game and then tell me she is better than Sue. She has so much trouble pronouncing words that it makes you cringe.

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
That's three good games in a row for Walker. IMHO, UConn now seven deep with her. Would be nice to add the eighth before March Madness.

My nominee...Coombs who came into the came with the good kind of focused energy, especially on D. More minutes for her please. :rolleyes:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Go listen to last years broadcast of the USF @ UConn game and then tell me she is better than Sue. She has so much trouble pronouncing words that it makes you cringe.
Uhm..... No wonder you are so confused! Swin did not call that game she was the sideline reporter.
The announcers for the game were Brent Stover and Julianne Viani.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
That's three good games in a row for Walker. IMHO, UConn now seven deep with her. Would be nice to add the eighth before March Madness. My nominee...Coombs who came into the came with the good kind of focused energy, especially on D. More minutes for her please. :rolleyes:
These conference games don't do much for me. I want to see Megan play well for 15-20 mins on Thursday night and against Louisville on the 12th of Feb. Those might be the only meaningful games remaing for UCONN until the FF.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Uhm..... No wonder you are so confused! Swin did not call that game she was the sideline reporter.
The announcers for the game were Brent Stover and Julianne Viani.

And that is why she can only be the sideline reporter, she can not pronounce words without having to repeat them 2, 3, or 4 times before she gets it correct. Sue can and she has been very informative during her color commentator job. It's not her fault that she is told to keep talking during blowouts, that is on ESPN.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
nfl-football-excited-l0MYsHhzxfLsYfpPW
Excited New England Patriots GIF by NFL - Find & Share on GIPHY
If UConn can play defense like this on Thursday the game is in the bag. Green Wave FG% 35.4, 3pt% 27.8%, Rebounds 18, TO 27.

That's the game I'm most interested in now. The most important game left on their schedule, the next one. I think everyone can agree that UConn checked off all the boxes today. They got it done. Not counting the 4th quarter in which the play and production dropped off after all of the starters were on the bench, the team looked very very good. I was especially impressed with their defense, not to mention the manor in which Kia Nurse completely "locked down" Tulane's leading scorer Kolby Morgan who came in averaging 21 ppg and was held to a season low 2 points. Megan looked good today. That's 3 games in a row she's looked good, and played well. She looks like she's ready to accept a promotion to a permanent assignment as 7th man for the rest of the year. Kara Wolters said Megan looks like and is playing like she gets it.

This game is over. My attention now turns to one of the two biggest games left on the schedule, the South Carolina Gamecocks. I have several questions,
1. Can UConn play the same defense Thursday like they played today for 40 minutes. It looked easy today because of the disparity in the talent level of the two teams, the laser focus and the attention to detail the Huskies played with. South Carolina's talent level is a lot closer than Tulane's. Will the Huskies be able to limit A'ja Wilson to 15 or less points, and suppress the Gamecock's made 3 point baskets as they did against Tulane today (5-18)?

2. UConn shot 72.2% from the floor today. Can they replicate that accomplishment against South Carolina, and hold SC to under 40%?

3. How long will Gabby (20 mins today) and Katie Lou (24) and Dangerous (21) have to play Thursday? They have four days off before their next game. Time to let their injuries rest, and the on going therapy treatments take affect. Gabby told Justine after the game that she felt good today. Let's hope she feels as good on Thursday. She may be called upon for more than 20 minutes. Geno did an excellent job of limiting their time on the floor while assuring that Tulane was never able to mount anything resembling a come back. UConn came of the the chute and immediately put their foot on the throat of the Green Wave, and kept it there through three plus quarters.
It's on to Columbia. Let's go!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom