Game thread Stanford - UConn | Page 21 | The Boneyard

Game thread Stanford - UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
Best thing that could have happened to them - Geno will have game tapes all season long.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I am. UConn will lose this game. It will be good for them. It may give them the incentive to listen to Geno and fix the problems. The glass is half full. Growing pains are normal.
Finally
Hubris can bite you in the backside

Yes. We played very poorly in all phases and they played as good as they CAN play. If we play them 5 times we win 4 of them by double digits. Always can be tough on the road early in the year with a couple young players. It will be a huge teaching loss.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
BTW, Chong was put in a horrible position. Jefferson held onto the ball forever and then Chong is forced to make a decision she clearly doesn't want to.

Reaction Score
Never got a shot off. Looked like we had no idea what we were doing.

Very much deserved to lose this one. Looks like there will be a few more this year, due to really bad defense by us.

Reaction Score
Geez did Stanford just win the national championship? I don't think I've ever seen this kind of celebration.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Great effort by Stanford...they got a lot of friendly calls, but seems like they wanted it more than we did.

Reaction Score
The late game execution in recent close games has been abysmal. Think Notre Dame. Some of that has to fall on the coach.

Geno is the greatest coach ever, a great motivator, great teacher, great recruiter but he is very average in his xs and os.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
What happened to our basketball IQ?

I think the shooting percentage had more to do with it, but don't forget Chong & Stokes with more on them than ever before and a Freshman and a Red shirt player coming off the bench. Give it time.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Geno is the greatest coach ever, a great motivator, great teacher, great recruiter but he is very average in his xs and os.

based on this one loss? really?

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Geez did Stanford just win the national championship? I don't think I've ever seen this kind of celebration.
Hey, that's as close as they'll get to it...might as well celebrate

Reaction Score
Breanna is taking this loss hard. She was in tears coming off the court.

Folks, this is the way it is supposed to be. It is not supposed to be easy. Kudos to Stanford. This team will learn from this game and it will serve them well down the road.

A new streak srarts....

Reaction Score
Uconn will be fine. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tuck in the starting lineup come conference time.
Kiah would have been OK if she just made a couple of those chippies. We wouldn't be having this conversation if she had. It's clear that Stef+Bria > Kiah+KML from a senior leadership standpoint. One thing I would have considered is going with 3 guards to counter Stanford on defense.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I'd like to say we will be better for it. I hope so. I expect so. Credit to Tara and her team.

Reaction Score
Breanna is taking this loss hard. She was in tears coming off the court.

Folks, this is the way it is supposed to be. It is not supposed to be easy. Kudos to Stanford. This team will learn from this game and it will serve them well down the road.

A new streak srarts....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger