Game Summed Up: No Winning Plays | The Boneyard

Game Summed Up: No Winning Plays

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This team doesn't have any player that can make winning plays consistently.

Martin with multiple missed layups and blocked layups. Had an air all on a 5' floater.

Polley missing soooo many wide open 3's where he's squared up.

Guards playing hot potato with the ball as play clock counts down below 5.

Cole going 1-4 on FT's in first half.

Gaff spitting the bit in his first start in 2 months.

Whaley in the second half, and Sanogo and Jackson all game are the only ones who consistently hustled and matched PC's intensity.

This team without Bouk and Akok is more than capable of losing every game remainder of the year.

Reaction Score
This team doesn't have any player that can make winning plays consistently.

Martin with multiple missed layups and blocked layups. Had an air all on a 5' floater.

Polley missing soooo many wide open 3's where he's squared up.

Guards playing hot potato with the ball as play clock counts down below 5.

Cole going 1-4 on FT's in first half.

Gaff spitting the bit in his first start in 2 months.

Whaley in the second half, and Sanogo and Jackson all game are the only ones who consistently hustled and matched PC's intensity.

This team without Bouk and Akok is more than capable of losing every game remainder of the year.
The team is below average without Bouknight. I’d be concerned about ppl reviewing commitments.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
Why is there absolutely no action inside the free throw line until under 8 seconds on the shot clock? Heck, sometimes they don't get inside the three point line until under 10. And why are Whaley or Sonogo ever out at the 3 point line unless they're setting a pick? Whaley is far more guilty of that than Sonogo, but the point still stands. If you're only going to take 1 out of 10 shots when you have the ball wide open from the 3 point line, then you have no business catching the ball out there unless it's a pick and roll situation. This team just flat out has no offense without Bouk.

Reaction Score
Need energy. I though Jackson played well. Sanogo was great. Cole was playable. The rest was not good enough.

Even though we lose Bouk next year, we get rid of Polley IW and Carlton who aren’t bringing anything this year, frankly costing us games, and we’re building around 2 good freshman and bringing in our best class yet.

Reaction Score
I didn't see much of the game but every time I checked the score they were down by 9 or 10. Once they were down by 5 but that turned to 9 in about 10 seconds. Instead of having to read dozens and dozens of posts about all the bad, maybe people can post about the positives. You'd be doing me a solid and keeping the reading short.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Why do we play slower than a 35+ adult league at the local rec center?

Hurley has said he wants games in the 60's with Bouk out.

He doesn't believe UConn can score 70 so he wants a low scoring, slow pace game.

It's excruciating to watch as a fan and it appears like it isn't getting players excited either.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
The team is below average without Bouknight. I’d be concerned about ppl reviewing commitments.
And we are average with him.

Reaction Score
We lack consistent shooters/scorers.
Even when Bouknight returns we dont have another consistent option or two like most power programs have. You need those 2-3 players that are dependable game in and game out and then rely on the others to contribute.

It’s been a crap shoot on which player or two will produce from game to game.

Reaction Score
I have to say what I saw and it disappointed me the most had little to do with how good anyone played. It was the fact the passion was missing on both ends. This was a team who impressed the announcers in games, these things were brought up constantly even in losses a couple of weeks ago. And now, on defense not the same team or even close. And most importantly that team that attacked the boards relentlessly, especially noticable on the offensive end, nothing nada. 50/50 balls, long rebounds hardly ever won by UConn as of late something that drove them and led to baskets at times as well. Chest bumping, smiling all gone. Why?

That 2nd half was so awful to watch and you just felt they never had a chance, they looked like they didn't really care and that an eventual run was coming. Strange but scary. The Bouk stuff I could care less about by the time he comes back the only way they get in is to win the BE tourney and they can't. Tough season, one we all thought would be a major step forward and I'm afraid for now it's not close.

Reaction Score
What I fail to understand is to be down (in multiple games) with under 5 minutes and we lack any sense of urgency. We are running plays and the clock dwindles down to under 10 seconds left before we shoot. Losing 15 seconds on at least 4-5 possessions, therefore cutting our chances of retaking the lead.

We are walking the ball up, passing 5-6 times and bouncing the ball around the perimeter. So frustrating to watch, but it seems to epitomize a lack of floor leadership and a take charge player. We can't win close games this way.

Reaction Score
I don't think any of us fans had any confidence in a comeback win last 15 minutes of the game.
Well, they did get to within 3 I think with about 8 minutes to go, and then Polly missed a 3 to tie, and PC then went on a mini-run to get their lead back up to 7. If Polly makes that 3, then perhaps they could have used that as momentum to get ahead. Without it, they were doomed.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What I fail to understand is to be down (in multiple games) with under 5 minutes and we lack any sense of urgency. We are running plays and the clock dwindles down to under 10 seconds left before we shoot. Losing 15 seconds on at least 4-5 possessions, therefore cutting our chances of retaking the lead.

We are walking the ball up, passing 5-6 times and bouncing the ball around the perimeter. So frustrating to watch, but it seems to epitomize a lack of floor leadership and a take charge player. We can't win close games this way.

Our guard play is really not impactful overall. I mean the "real" guards minus Bouk, Jackson. Cole can score it a little and make some one on one plays but do you think the other teams are worried about him beating them? Gaffney, one game and then back to east west and very guardable. Adams is a 4th-5th guard on most any team. We need better guards period, play makers, scary and quick on both ends.

Reaction Score
Intermittent play with the Covid starts and stops hurt bad, but we don’t have enough take over game talent without Bouknight. With Bouknight other players would be better probably because of the attention he draws. opens the offense up. Very fine line with this team. And it’s just not a good shooting team as we have seen time and time again, Need to recruit shooters.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom