Game on the Line...Who Takes the Last Shot? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Game on the Line...Who Takes the Last Shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In general Bria, possibly Stef depending on the opponent. Stef wouldn't be my choice against Baylor because of Griner's shot blocking ability, but against other teams, she would since she's a good foul shooter.

KML & Doty as secondary options.

The 5th player on the floor would be Hayes or Faris, depending on circumstance. More likely Faris though since she's great at moving and screening.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
So, you have 5 seconds and no time to run your usual passing offense. You have time to run one play. Who do you run it for? Who do you want to take that shot?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Anyone and everyone. I mean that sincerely.

Reaction Score
So, you have 5 seconds and no time to run your usual passing offense. You have time to run one play. Who do you run it for? Who do you want to take that shot?

(1) Bria
(2) KML or Stef
Any play should have multiple options depending on how the defense responds.

Reaction Score
You start off with Bria because she seems to be ridiculously clutch (I swear she's a 70% shooter when the shot clock is going down), if that doesn't work, I'd look for Caroline or Stef. I think Tiffany isn't the best option, because I think an end of the game situation might make her more out of control (Excitement + adrenaline) and KML is just a freshman. She's accurate though, so if she's open you get her the ball. But don't put the pressure on her.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I believe that Caroline is now 5th or 6th in the Big East in 3pt %. She is shooting at 45.5% on 3s and significantly higher than both Tiff (34.6%) and Bria (37.1%) and even higher than KML (40.6%).

Caroline has hit a number of big shots with the game on the line, too, an example being the killers she put in against Stanford. Geno himself has noted her mental toughness in those situations.

So I see Bria, KML, Tiff and CD' all available to spot up Stef in the middle for the interior pass to the post. Tiff or Bria able to slash to the hoop. All the options are good.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

Bria.

She has shown the ability to make the pressure perimeter J, and if guarded closely she also has the confidence and handle to get by defenders and into the lane, and again put up a shot with confidence, even though it will likely be a difficult floater/runner since we're talking only 5 secs here.

KML would also be a candidate for the same reasons; I'm just going with Bria due to the extra experience.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
KML is just a freshman. She's accurate though, so if she's open you get her the ball. But don't put the pressure on her.
Are you sure about that? That's not my impression.

UConnwomens-uconnhuskies_display_image.jpg

stanford3.jpg

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Hartley, Doty, Lewis, Dolson, Faris or Hayes. Not necessarily in that order.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Several good options. Bria is a clutch player. So is Caroline. But I'd put my fate in the hands of Baby Jesus. She does not feel pressure. She has won games before and will be our best option. She's a combo of Diana and Maya, and she can get her shot. Her legend is just beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom