Game on FS1 [merged thread] | The Boneyard

Game on FS1 [merged thread]

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I actually didn’t mind the commentary. Thought they were just fine.
Comments don't bother me but when they try to be funny and edgy, no thanks. But with the result, I couldn't care less

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I actually didn’t mind the commentary. Thought they were just fine.
Are you kidding me? I was contemplating getting in my car and driving five hours to Storrs just so I could tell the color commentator she sucked as she walked out of Gampel.

Last edited:

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Are you kidding me? I was contemplating getting in my car I’m driving five hours to stores just so I can tell the color commentator she sucked as she walked out.
It’s Storrs. And I guess I just don’t watch games for the commentary. The less they say the better. I liked that they both played college ball and offered some of that perspective. They didn’t completely butcher it IMO. You guys are brutal.

Reaction Score
After such a great UConn win, hate to bring up a negative topic but.....never remember hearing such a poor set of announcers. Constantly talked over game with some of the worst clichés (overused or without original thought). For those who criticize UConn's media team, Fox Sports takes women's basketball to new lows.

Reaction Score
The play-by-play announcer was talking for the sake of talking. At one point early in the game, she said UConn was doing something -- I forget exactly what -- and that doing it well had been characteristic of their season. But no. That particular skill has been a problem throughout the early season. It wasn't foul shots...something else.

And then, I wondered if the color commentator was part of the South Carolina Athletic Department. She talked like she was calling the game for an SC TV station all night.

As for the game itself, several UConn players had really bad stretches of the game. Christyn in the first half was bad on a legendary scale. Three-point shooting was dreadful and free throws, forget it. But they all played incredibly tough basketball. Nika continues to amaze. She doesn't take many shots, but her defense continues to improve and she has good court vision, too.

Reaction Score
Which annoyed you more, the number of whistles or the commentators who didn’t add to the game but enjoyed hearing their own voice?

Easily the number of whistles was more aggravating for me. The commentators do not influence what is going on on the court; plus I can mute them as I often did.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I wrote a couple of days ago that Fox stole this game from ESPN and we would probably get a couple of hacks that don’t know our team. Well turns out it was worse than that. I’m certain that the color person was from the SEC network. All she kept saying was she couldn’t understand why SC was so disoriented during the game. Hey dumbo, it’s called defense, good defense. Not once did she give UConn credit for giving them fits during the game. She even complimented ONO on her outside shooting, saying how great she was all year. I don’t know about you guys, but I cringed and yelled at the tv every time she put one up. Still I think she did a good job on Boston, a really great player. As great as Paige is, it’s not a good sign when one player scores half the points. I hope the other juniors can get their act together because we need them to perform. CW had to play her worst game of the year and EW was basically a ghost in the first half. The encouraging thing is we still won. If they can get it together we can really win it this year.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
The play-by-play announcer was talking for the sake of talking. At one point early in the game, she said UConn was doing something -- I forget exactly what -- and that doing it well had been characteristic of their season. But no. That particular skill has been a problem throughout the early season. It wasn't foul shots...something else.

And then, I wondered if the color commentator was part of the South Carolina Athletic Department. She talked like she was calling the game for an SC TV station all night.

As for the game itself, several UConn players had really bad stretches of the game. Christyn in the first half was bad on a legendary scale. Three-point shooting was dreadful and free throws, forget it. But they all played incredibly tough basketball. Nika continues to amaze. She doesn't take many shots, but her defense continues to improve and she has good court vision, too.
The back door cuts.

Reaction Score
Are you kidding me? I was contemplating getting in my car and driving five hours to Storrs just so I could tell the color commentator she sucked as she walked out of Gampel.
They probably weren’t there. Every women’s game I’ve seen has been called remotely.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
They probably weren’t there. Every women’s game I’ve seen has been called remotely.
Not SNY's or FOX they had the announcers at the game. Don't know about FS1 though.

Reaction Score
I agree! I think I heard the words “Coach Staley” at least 1,000 times, too. STFU!

Reaction Score
I so agree...I turned the volume off & watched the Arizona/Oreagon on the computer at the same time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom